2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ICA 'made' chloroform, probably spilled it in the trunk. Since I'm clueless on how to 'make' it, I'm wondering if they found any receipts for anything she may have purchased to mix it up?

I read about it last night. It takes bleach and acetone along with ice to keep it cool while the two chemicals react.

JB: "Have you any knowledge of other items, other than cleaning items, that chloroform can be found?"

To the witnesses knowledge, no.

OK...so there are many products that contain traces of chloroform...so now explain to us why these levels were so high.

I would love to know where the chloroform came from, I just can't comprehend her actually making it.
There now seems to be ample proof that is was in the trunk.
JB up next.

I missed a whole lot from today but yesterday dr Vass dentified chloroform as one of the chemical compounds that they have found to be produced during human decomposition.

What I can't figure out is if JB is going with the theory that Caylee drowned "in the family pool", why fight any of this? Why not just say yep, she was in the trunk, she was put there after she drowned, next?

I by no means believe or understand their theory.....but my guess is it's too risky to admit Casey (or even George) put her in the trunk because a juror(s) might hear/accept that and what happens later on if the Prosecution convinces those jurors to leave George out of the cover-up equation? Or maybe they prove the pool drowning scenario isn't possible. Then they're left with having already admitted Casey put Caylee in the trunk.

Jury hasn't heard about the computer search by ICA on how to make chloroform. JB is just spinning his wheels....won't matter later.

Here is the big notepad again. He is asking him to come down and write on the notepad.

Notice that JA did not object THIS time.

JB: asks the witness to describe what a chromatagram looks like.
Witness explains but it isn't so clear. I'm sure he is a great chemist but I must be dumb because I'm not following his answers very well. I guess I have been spoiled by Dr.Vass and his ability to relate the info easily.

Caylee was not found with a swimsuit

IIRC. a swimsuit was not found in the car...UNLESS Cindy will testify during the DT's presentation that she remembered one was in the car or trunk.

The A's use a Chlorine-free product in their pool...Caylee went swimming at TL's apartment pool in early June.

If the car still smells after 3 years, how come these pieces that they are showing don't smell?

Maybe that's what's causing all the gagging and couching in the courtroom since the items were taken out of their black plastic bags and boxes just before they all started coughing.

So did Caylee put her bathing suit on before she decided to take a swim? ANd GA threw the bathing suit in the trunk but not Caylee?

Acetone you can buy to remove fake nails - 100% pure acetone....

Baez with his questions beginning with "Aaaaanndd" are so annoying.

Baez standing with his darn white board (easel) again and calling the witness down, to show the jury an example of what a chromatogram(?) might look like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member