2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt jurors will now know WHY they were asked about having exposure to dogs growing up.

This should be interesting, CA claimed on GVS show the cadaver dogs had inconsistent hits on Caylee's sandbox and playhouse area.

These words are KILLING me to type. But honestly, I think Jose actually did a good job with FBI Phd dude...........way better than with any other witness

I agree. This case is not as much of a slam dunk as we would wish it to be, this is real life and JB is going to score some points.

Okay - let's see how Baez is going to try and keep the dogs out, this should be interesting.

I know I know way too much about this case, and trying to look at it from the Jury's perspective, BUT looking at ICA's expressions and affect, she appears and emanates pure hostility and arrogance! They have to see that??

Well, in fairness, I think he realizes that both sides have vested interest in shaping his testimony to meet their ends and wants to be professional and accurate in spite of those attempts.

You are absolutely right! sometimes I lean towards the state a bit too far! LOL.

Just jumping off your post...I think Michael R.'s testimony will be a distant memory after the next few weeks, and that Dr. Vass's testimony will be "imprinted" on the jurors brains...I'm not worried.

Ohhh I so hope Jose doesn't request a sidebar to whine some more about not being able to cross examine the dogs:banghead:

Do they have video's of the dog's "hitting" in the yard or car trunk?

Oh yeah, we needed a chemist, but one that was better prepared and seemed more professional would have been better. That guy sounded wishy washy to me.......but that's just MOOOOOOOOOOOOOo.

No. He was very professional. He called them as he saw them. The truth of the matter that regardless of the strength of the case there will generally be points for and against both sides. This guy didn't seem inclined to give testimony favourable to either side or try to answer questions with the motive of backing-up his conclusion in mind. He just wanted to answer the questions honestly and fairly to the best of his ability. The point is any points he makes positive for the State (or the Defense for that matter) should hold good stead with the Jury.

I don't understand. How are the dogs hits significant since the defense is arguing that Caylee did in fact die on the Anthony property, in which case of course the dogs hit there? Was it the locations they hit on that are of interest? If anyone can explain. TIA.

You are absolutely right! sometimes I lean towards the state a bit too far! LOL.

Just jumping off your post...I think Michael R.'s testimony will be a distant memory after the next few weeks, and that Dr. Vass's testimony will be "imprinted" on the jurors brains...I'm not worried.

I think you're right. He was on a long time and was consistently clear and understandable on what could have been a very confusing subject.

Well, in fairness, I think he realizes that both sides have vested interest in shaping his testimony to meet their ends and wants to be professional and accurate in spite of those attempts.

A simple Thanks was not enough. He gave the facts as they requested them. He knew that Baez was skewing things but he also knew that he had to answer only the question and hope that JA knew enough to get it back on track.

He did a very good job as a professional witness.

Good Def headway #caseyanthony Summary fbi chemist detects cloroform traces but no bigger than cleaning supplies & detergent was in trunk.

by abcashleigh via twitter at 8:26 AM

ABCAshleigh definitely seems pro-defense, imo.

This K-9 testimony is fascinating. I love hearing about these dogs and what they're capable of.

Did the cadaver dog hit/activate on the Anthony's swimming pool?

With apologies to SOTS, I think he may be looking for the "K-9 Handler Cross Exam" app on the magic I-phone.

I came on just in time for the last 1/3 of that witness, the chemist. That did not seem to go too well. I hope it does not hurt the states momentum too much. I hate seeing Baez looking all cocky and self satisfies like that. yuck.

he did give important testimony about it evaporating quickly, didn't expect to get any due to the way it was packaged and that the proper way to do it would be SEALED in a CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3