2011.06.08 TRIAL Day Thirteen (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the difference between Gerus and Bones.

Gerus final trained alert is a lay down.
Bones final trained alert is a sit.

JB made issue of that during Frye when mentioning the inconsistencies between the alerts. IIRC

Are they reading here???

I don't know if they are, because wouldn't one of their hands have to be on a mouse or keyboard to scroll through? I mean, as opposed to say WESH's site where the comments are scrolling on their own and you don't need to manipulate the screen to read further. I can't tell if JB is touching it or not.

Why is she talking about certs that were given for classes taken in 3/09?

I know other's have observed Casey reading/using what seems to be a white apple laptop. I know I am not crazy...I also notice Baez looking over at it from time to time and laughing. I am going to assume that the are reading one of the news medias blogs. I wonder if the news media can track that laptop down to see if true that they are using it in the court room because for some reason I thought that Casey was not allowed to use any type of computer/cell phone/other electronic devices. I may be wrong and over analyzing though.. Hmm...I really wonder though...:waitasec:

There has to be a way to find out....let me see if I can pose a question to a media source.

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony Jurors staying attentive to rather dry foundational testimony.

I heard last night there was a higher court case about this kind of evidence. And all this foundation and extensive info about training is being offered to avoid reversal on appeal. It was ruled (and the case was mentioned by JB yesterday) that a jury depending on this kind of evidence without knowing the qualifications and history of the dog is reversible error. I believe it was a FL supreme court opinion that happened earlier this year. moo

That's right, and that's also why we should be patient even though the testimony may seem redundant and lengthy.
It is all so necessary in order to keep the evidence on the record. moo

I think they laughed when the lady on the stand said a date of training.

Big difference today in that ICA and JB are ready the real time testimony together on her laptop, before she was looking at the black one in front of JB. Now they are closer and reading along together.....if jurors notice them snickering or anything like that, it will not look good, imo.

imo jb is back to smirking and head shaking and I really hope hhjbp takes him to task it's bad enough he can say things with no repercussions I would like to see his smirk stoppped it would not be tolerated in the gallery.

Brewer has testified to the type of alert Bones does - a sit down instead of a lay down - Well done LDB to have this clarified.

#CaseyAnthony George leaving the courtroom. Sounds like he's struggling with a cold or congestion.
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:29 AM

Both sides seem to perpetuate the myth that the second after you die a cadaver dog can smell that. This bugs me because i think it implies that if she drowned and they laid her on the ground the dog could hit on it a month later. Obviously it was some days later but why doesn't the SA steer it that way? Like ask over and over "How soon after death can a dog find a body or the odor residue?" Seems like an elephant in the room to me.... Anyone? Baez?.....Baez?...... Baez??... Baez?..... No? Must be Jose Baez's Day Off huh?

Is it routine for an inmate to be allowed a laptop or cell phone while in court???

Being a convicted criminal in the theft case, it would not be allowed, correct?

Bones gets a tennis ball as a reward! It is his favorite! :great:

Just a fun fact: SAR dogs are not rewarded with food. This is often so they are not tempted to take food from someone who may be trying to poison them.

I trained my dogs to not take food from anyone except me, or my DH! :great:

What are both ICA and JB watching on the screen?
Why aren't they paying attention to what the witness is testifying to?

No that's not what she said. I was asking.

KB was asked if Bones checked the car- and she said she didn't "recall" him doing that- what I am saying is, if I were testifying I would know for sure whether he had or not, on such an important point.

Awwwee.... his reward is his tennis ball. I love Bones!

As we all learned yesterday, the process of qualifying a dog in court is long. Expect this to last possibly until lunch.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 7:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member