2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me he's like the old drunk uncle at the family reunion you humor by letting him get up and tell his joke already and then hurredly send Cousin Joe over with the bottle to juice him up good and tight so hopefully pass out stage gets here quicker.

ETA: Shoot, sorry, this was a response to someone about Uncle Fester and I forgot to quote. Ya'll get my drift.

How sad is it that I kinda feel the same way...but also feel that even he is better than JB?

Yes, I have 2 windows open, and I can do them side by side if I'm willing to watch the trial on the tiny screen on the wftv homepage. Maybe it's not a mac issue. I can't isolate the video from the webpage without hitting the fullpage icon on it, which then covers up the WS page.

Why don't you watch the interactive on wesh/interactive? wftv makes me crazy with all the stuff going on on the page. And the screen is so tiny.
The screen on wesh is a fair size, has the little one of ICA in the corner and the tweets running up the right hand size of the page.

Just chiming in here; I have read here since I can't remember when...summer of 2008. My youngest grand daughter is four months younger than Caylee. Today was just super tough emotionally for me; I think hearing Dr. G. on the stand slammed it all in my face, once again. During her testimony, all I could 'see' was my Emma's lovely long hair and her smile. Thank you ALL for 'being here'; the updates are invaluable to me; I peek in/out from the office all day long, and am grateful to have such a wonderful source of info and opinions.

It's possible they made up their minds weeks ago...

Agree - if you just listened to the SA's opening statement then listened to Baez, and watched both lawyers present their case so far - who would you be believing?

I think after today,you probably will not see a lot of note taking,Dr. G imo sealed her fate!

Next we go all emo with Jesse, maybe his dad, and the two girlfriends who loved Casey (Kristine and Anna?), +
It will tug at our hearts and the hearts of the jurors.

Yes, I have 2 windows open, and I can do them side by side if I'm willing to watch the trial on the tiny screen on the wftv homepage. Maybe it's not a mac issue. I can't isolate the video from the webpage without hitting the fullpage icon on it, which then covers up the WS page.

By the way - I do know it is easy to do if you are watching the link on CNN but there is no interactive with them. I have tried it with a full screen there but I don't like it because the pixels are a mess. The picture isn't sharp at all.
But they give you the option with a right click I believe.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have to say, when Yuri Melich testified I thought he was awesome....Then Dr. Vass came up and he blew me away...but Dr. G- she is my hero! I was AMAZED at how she handled CM. She did not allow him to corner her into a yes/no answer and she made sure to let the jury know exactly what I wanted them to think about "There is NO ONE who covers up an accidental death unless there is a reason to cover it up" and then she went in for the kill to emphasize that this body was bagged up and hidden in the woods because whoever did it did NOT want it to be found. She was so incredible, I'm going to go on WFTV.com to rewatch it right now. Bottom line, it makes absolutely no sense. If Caylee had accidentally drowned, it's clear that ICA would have reveled in the attention she would get as a mourning mother. I hope the jury sees that- she loves having everything about her. She would have been able to have so much sympathy and attention. She probably regrets that she didn't think of that lie 3 years earlier and drown Caylee instead. :(
People keep talking about reasonable doubt, but saying Caylee drowned and her and George went through this elaborate scheme (including Roy Kronk) to cover it up and then sit for 3 years on this info while ICA sits in prison, is absurd...not reasonable.

BBM

OMG, with all of the figuring out what really happened, I had never considered this. You should repost this when we think they are watching. Bet you could tell by her face when she read it if she did. She would have totally gotten away with it. No one would have given the "accident" a second thought.

earlier I posted that I was out of here.....but after Dr. G today....I just can't stay away!! She was sooooo good today!! My question is this....how much longer do you guys think we have til the "guilty" verdict is read? wonder how much longer the state needs? didn't they say last week that they needed til June 17th? I really do not think it will take the jurors very long to deliberate....heck, they might even set a record....MO

Next we go all emo with Jesse, maybe his dad, and the two girlfriends who loved Casey (Kristine and Anna?), +
It will tug at our hearts and the hearts of the jurors.

Casey IMO,had not a clue what Dr.G did to her today!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have to say, when Yuri Melich testified I thought he was awesome....Then Dr. Vass came up and he blew me away...but Dr. G- she is my hero! I was AMAZED at how she handled CM. She did not allow him to corner her into a yes/no answer and she made sure to let the jury know exactly what I wanted them to think about "There is NO ONE who covers up an accidental death unless there is a reason to cover it up" and then she went in for the kill to emphasize that this body was bagged up and hidden in the woods because whoever did it did NOT want it to be found. She was so incredible, I'm going to go on WFTV.com to rewatch it right now. Bottom line, it makes absolutely no sense. If Caylee had accidentally drowned, it's clear that ICA would have reveled in the attention she would get as a mourning mother. I hope the jury sees that- she loves having everything about her. She would have been able to have so much sympathy and attention. She probably regrets that she didn't think of that lie 3 years earlier and drown Caylee instead. :(
People keep talking about reasonable doubt, but saying Caylee drowned and her and George went through this elaborate scheme (including Roy Kronk) to cover it up and then sit for 3 years on this info while ICA sits in prison, is absurd...not reasonable.

How many times did CM get Dr. G to say it was a homicide? I think he got her to state it around 10 times. Great work for the State CM!!!!

Agree - if you just listened to the SA's opening statement then listened to Baez, and watched both lawyers present their case so far - who would you be believing?

I agree. The closest I come to sympathy for his client is when I'm watching Baez in action. I can't believe he's been working on this for 3 years. What did he do during that time? I wouldn't even buy a bikini from this man.

Sorry - just now back in for a few minutes and saw the chatter up thread about the post I made about Judge Perry stating tha the could hold his ruling on Motions for Mistrial until the verdict. We need to ask a lawyer, but here's a little something I found.

In 1985 the Florida Supreme Court lamented how widespread improper closing arguments had become and took a significant step toward alleviating the prejudice imposed on the party aggrieved by the improper argument.[20] In Ed Ricke & Sons, Inc. v. Green,[21] the court held that when a party makes a timely motion for mistrial based on an improper closing argument, the trial court can withhold ruling on the motion until after the jury has returned a verdict.[22] If the verdict is satisfactory to the movant, the court does not need to rule on the motion.[23] In addition, there is no need for a new trial or an appeal.[24] The Ed Ricke rule essentially eliminates any plausible excuse for failing to preserve the record by parties aggrieved by improper argument.[25]

source: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Just viewed the tape from the end of court today....JP's attitude really bothers me the way he handled the mistrial statement..that he has up to the verdict to declare a mistrial....... he was grinning......what is he really saying???

And does anyone have the part where ICA was rushed out of court at the end of the day? I really want to see it... WFTV doesn't show it. :(

I think what Judge Perry was saying, in a round-about-way to the defense, IF they (the DT) continue to request a mistrial at every turn, he (JP) will take advantage of the time allowed by law to render his decision and, should he read the jury's verdict and it is a not guilty verdict, he (JP) COULD at that time (BEFORE/WITHOUT rendering the jury's verdict) render his own verdict and allow the defenses request for a mistrial. Hope that helps!

DrGaravagliatestimonyafternoon.jpg

Well according to the current talking heads on JVM, KC will walk...how can these people spout this garbage on cable TV and get away with it.....ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg