2011.06.10 Sidebar (Trial Day Fifteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing day. I had watched Dr. G's show quite a bit but didn't put her together with this case until I saw a clip (televised much later) of her announcement confirming she had identified Caylee.

On her show, she's clear, concise, and very interesting to watch.

I think she hit a grand slam with her testimony about 100% of accidental drownings being reported, about a child being thrown away, and with duct tape on them points to a homicide. There's just no other explanation.

I was surprised they allowed in the visual of Caylee's pic and the skull being superimposed. I cried during that whole 5 or 6 minutes just watching the reactions from the galley.

Watching ICA's facial expressions during much of this...I can only say...and I'm being kind here....that she reminds me of a very evil pixie and I can see in her face she's capable of having done this.

Was also interesting to note that JB stated several times that "it's the throw everything against the wall and see what stick's theme", when that's been pointed out so many times by WS's that he was the one who's actually been doing this.

Seems they had the wind knocked out them and the rug pulled out from under their feet (the DT) all at the same time...and they seemed shocked that the SA can present facts as such, back them up, and then feel it's the spaghetti theory. After his OS, I truly felt he thought he threw the State off so much that they'd never be able to make a comeback.

Surprise, surprise...

That really bothered me also. I searched around the internet and found it had other people perplexed also. Here are some comments that I found.

"was a message to both the defense and the State to make a deal. However slight the possibility is, the State now has "a concern" that the Judge could grant a mistrial based on the video."

"the Judge after seeing the overwhelming evidence today wanted Baez to have a "come to Jesus" session with Casey and tell her to face the reality that she very likely will be put to death, unless she were to accept a plea to life. "

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=34799002&postID=2021015329499610753

My impression was that JP was looking at JA. Felt like he was spankin' him for not making a better argument? Everyone attributed it to JB always asking for a mistrial, but that was not my gut feeling. JP has the case law to back this up, so that is not the problem. I just wonder what message he was sending out and to whom.

Someone should have given ICA a mirror to practice her sad face in, I've come to the conclusion that she doesn't know what she is portraying. She thinks she is looking sad and pathetic, when in truth we all see deep furrows and ANGER written in red across her forehead. Yesterday (or Wednesday?) she visibly sank down in her chair wrapped up in that over-shirt.

Coming back from lunch ICA looked fully recovered, smiling at her boys again, sitting talking with LF til JB took his seat.

She sat riveted to the screen watching the "reenactment" of the duct tape. No shock, no sorrow but she was majorly pizzed again! Just imagine sitting through a video depicting your own deceased child with three pieces of duct tape across her face. Horrifying. But I am glad HHJP allowed it in (loved that none of JB's reasons for suppressing it even applied to the situation). Especially with CM getting up there and insisting the duct tape was never across Caylee's little face.

I do have to give DS credit, she is a more compassionate person than I am, when ICA cries she offers her some comfort - I would just want to :trout: and remind her that this is ALL her doing! She has had three years to prevent any of it from happening. No sympathy here.
rbbm: She apparently had chili for lunch, made just like CAs. JK .... DS must have given her a stern talk. I noticed that JB sat a good distance from her while she did her crying performance.

I am just so glad that ALyon(s) is gone. That woman really did irritate me. DS needs to act like a lawyer instead of a substitute momma towards ICA. So unprofessional.

OK here is a hypothetical

The judge holds all motions for mistrial. He has a right to hold them until after he reads the verdict. That is what he said. So just what if, the verdict is not-guilty. But the judge decides that he is going to over-rule the verdict and grant a mistrial instead. It could happen.

OK so I posted earlier in regards to DP and aggravated child abuse and I said I would ask in the Attorney thread, got a response so I thought I would share here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpizza
DH was saying tonight that FL allows the DP in cases where a child under 12 dies under aggravated child abuse. Can anyone weigh in on that?

Thanks

Answered by beachbumming a Verified lawyer
If the jury finds that ICA committed aggravated child abuse and Caylee died during or as a result of that abuse it is First Degree Murder. The state can then seek the DP.

Ok, not a pleasant post to make, but will do it anyway. Please scroll past if you don't want to hear about a dead kitten.

We have feral cats around here, and have thought that there may be a baby kitty in the field near us. We have been leaving water, kibble just in case. Went out to look after court wrapped today, found the kitty, did not look as if it had been harmed by anything, but all the signs of dehydration and neglect. Had to do something with it, but with our drought, ground too hard to dig. Wrapped the little one in about 4 bags for disposal, then just about vomited thinking about what i was doing, and all of this here....sorry, just had to post something. I still feel sick, and it's just a little feral kitty i didn't even know.

:hug: :therethere: No words left.................

I have a question..The TH are saying it appears Caylee was killed, but no proof she was killed by ICA. Was ICA not the only person involved in this case, off drinking, screwing and having an all around good time, without ever trying to find out where her daughter was? CA, GA and LA were trying to find her and Caylee....ICA was the one lying about where she was, where Caylee was, and when they would see her again. ICA was the one in coverup mode. ICA knew what she had done. That is all of the proof I need that she did it.

Is there a picture out there of the article that one of the experts stated he was not able to recognize. TY

The judge holds all motions for mistrial. He has a right to hold them until after he reads the verdict. That is what he said. So just what if, the verdict is not-guilty. But the judge decides that he is going to over-rule the verdict and grant a mistrial instead. It could happen.

He does have the final say in FL. AND, he has the final say if the jury recommends LWOP and he disagrees he can sentence to death and overide the Jury.

OK so I posted earlier in regards to DP and aggravated child abuse and I said I would ask in the Attorney thread, got a response so I thought I would share here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpizza
DH was saying tonight that FL allows the DP in cases where a child under 12 dies under aggravated child abuse. Can anyone weigh in on that?

Thanks

Answered by beachbumming a Verified lawyer
If the jury finds that ICA committed aggravated child abuse and Caylee died during or as a result of that abuse it is First Degree Murder. The state can then seek the DP.

My take is that,simply putting the tape on Caylee indicates child abuse. And she died,so there ya go.

I'm paraphrasing what another poster was told by a friend (wish I could credit but I :waitasec: )
"I've heard of trying to cover up a murder by making it look like an accident,but who ever heard of covering up an accident by making it look like a murder? "

The TH's discussing motive.

CMA was almost three years old and soon would have been able to tell CA and GA that she was being put in the trunk, along with all the other details.

IMO

and they have not even heard the defense side yet.what lame defense will it be?

I don't know if I'll be able to watch it but I'm really curious. The defense has abandoned the "defense" they used in their opening statement. I can't imagine it.

Well according to the current talking heads on JVM, KC will walk...how can these people spout this garbage on cable TV and get away with it.....ugh!

Because the station they're spreading this sensationalized garbage on is BANKING by luring people in wondering HOW THE HECK CAN THEY SAY THAT?! JMO.

I agree with you about the judge. I thought his comments very odd today. Its odd too because none of the pundits are discussing it much nor find it odd. I can't tell ilf the judge is PO'd at the defense or state.

Just viewed the tape from the end of court today....JP's attitude really bothers me the way he handled the mistrial statement..that he has up to the verdict to declare a mistrial....... he was grinning......what is he really saying???

And does anyone have the part where ICA was rushed out of court at the end of the day? I really want to see it... WFTV doesn't show it. :(

No, I think that is incorrect. What he said was he could hold them up UNTIL he read the verdict. He cannot declare a mistrial AFTER he reads the verdict. I am pretty darn sure of that.

Could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. I have a feeling HHJP will let this jury decide on KC's fate AND follow through with their suggested sentance.

==============================

MOO

I agree with you about the judge. I thought his comments very odd today. Its odd too because none of the pundits are discussing it much nor find it odd. I can't tell ilf the judge is PO'd at the defense or state.

Neither could I....he was smiling and rocking..... (he was sort of smirking) I just don't know what he was "really" saying..................that he could let this trial run it's course and at the 11th hr he could call a mistrial........I am totally confused by his actions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230