2011.06.10 TRIAL Day Fifteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope JBP would error on the side of caution. I would think this witness could just testify to his findings. WHy risk it??? JMHO

The judge will err on the side of the law - whoever has the case law to support their side will come out on top, but I know animation has been used before - maybe not in Florida though.

Mason is almost as good as Jose for the states case. He did a GREAT job with Dr. G convincing the jurys beyond all doubt that Caylee didn't drown 100% of the time accidental drownings are reported to 911

:websleuther::rocker:

I have to leave, will some kind soul pm me and let me know if the video was admitted? TIA

Quick legal question. Had DT seen this previously since it wasn't "evidence"?

Dr. G says "there is no child that should have duct tape on it's face after it died."

Watching recaps.

:rocker: This statement by Dr. G just "blew" the DT's "opening statement" !

I'm on the fence as to whether it should be allowed in. If there's even one iota of it being prejudicial thus causing the verdict to be overturned then I say let it go. I think they have way more than enough evidence to get her convicted without it.

thats exactly why hhjp is NOT gonna let the video in

I want it in just because 1. ICA is mad as a hornet about it and 2. I want to see how she reacts to it being played in court as opposed to how she glared at it in the proffer.

I just got this mental image of a bunch of WSers putting duct tape over their noses and mouths and cracked up.

Maybe Dr. Warren could try putting some duct tape over HIS face. I bet it'd still cover his nose and mouth, and he's a full-grown man.

Hadn't thought of it before, but I am now.

Wonders if we have duct tape. :waitasec:

I find it interesting how ICA dramatics only really seem to occur when the DA is questioning witnesses and not so much when the DT is cross-examining. It seems to me that she's just doing this to make herself look like the victim and for attention. She wants the jury to think poor me, the DA is 'attacking' me, blaming me for this...

Also, interesting how well her tissue is holding up for all the sobbing. Those are some pretty absorbent, long-lasting tissues.

If HHJP finds case law to allow this in, then I don't see how she'd have room for appeal if it's backed by case law..help me?

I'm sorry, I just don't believe the super imposed picture should be used. I've seen cases where they've taken a dye/cast of the skull then build up the soft tissue in order to identify remaiins of a Jane/John Doe. Couldn't this have been done with Caylee's skull, plus using the pictures to come up with a realistic model, then add the tape in the courtroom? Since the model would have been made out of clay instead of remains, it would be less gruesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela