2011.06.13 TRIAL Day Seventeen (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! Casey is LOVING this. Take that, Caylee!!

Too bad.

:dunno: It still sounds to me like the DT got these photos, and simply printed them in B/W rather than color.

Regarding the possibility that the DT will take the ruling against use of the FBI Powerpoint photos and then use them or refer to them in cross-examination, HHJP says:

You cannot use a shield and turn it into a sword.

at least we won't have to listen to JB on every singal pic! That should save us about an hour and get us back on track.....

Friendly reminder:

Tricia and administrators have made the decision to honor HHJP's Order and not allow any site posting unpixelated photos of Caylee's remains to be linked. That also means we will not be permitted to DISCUSS THE CONTENT OR DESCRIPTION OF THOSE GRAPHIC PHOTOS.

Please stop all discussion of those photos and any other sites that chose to post those photos. The unpixelated photos are not respectful to Caylee's memory. CAYLEE. Please remember Caylee. :heartluv:

I understand the curiosity, but please do not discuss the nature of those photos here.

I am going on record as saying I believe JA to be very shady. It is my opinion.

In general, I don't, but in this case, I don't think he should have slipped this in. I dozed off for a moment. Did the jury hear this ruling? I hope not. I don't want them to think the state is being shady. If the jury heard this, I think it might hurt the prosecution.

look, I don't think that was well thought out on Baez's account...

now he can't use the photo's to refute the findings...can't use the study.

if he brings it back...it's back in.

So, am I understanding this correctly, the State provided the pictures to the defense, but not in color and not in the power point presentation??

Yup.

Also the defense (sims) was able to see all of the pictures in the FBI field office, and the FBI offered to turn all of the info over to the Defense's expert - only the defense never hired an expert so they didn't take them up on it.

HHJP said that regardless of the FBI giving the defense access to everything, the State themselves should have directly given the defense access to it. It was their responsibility.

that sucks the DT won something. Now they can argue the environment caused the death band.

Not having been properly caffeinated yet this morning, you may be right. But, I thought the dark color due to environmental elements was different than the death banding. I understood there was a distinct difference. I may not understand at all!

I agree with Judge Perry's ruling and I actually think it's better for the state that the jury won't be overloaded by the PowerPoint study. If someone with the presence and confidence of Mr. Melich, Dr. Vass, or Dr. G was the expert witness to present this testimony, it might be compelling and helpful. This FBI witness does not come across as confident and authoritative - so better off to not add confusion and open more doors for Baez to rattle weaker witnesses... JMO...

This really messed Jose up I believe. The state can talk and talk about the results without the photos.

I love how HHJP pointed that out ,very succinctly...."since there were no objections to his testimony by the defense"......................:floorlaugh:

I thought the defense used this study during a motion to claim that it is possible to have decomp characteristics. Was I dreaming?

I love you Bill Sheaffer! Props for you great explanations and commentary :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member