2011.06.14 TRIAL Day Eighteen (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Online translators are limited since they can't translate phrases in context so meanings can't be way off with very amusing results.

I know I've seen a website with pics of tattoos with foreign words that were badly mistranslated. Esp with Chinese and Japanese. Casey's translation is correct in any case.

It just seems the State's case is fizzling out in the end :(

I think the tattoo is the perfect way to tend the case - it says so much. Days after her daughter went missing, Casey's life was so beautiful that she got a tattoo proclaiming it. It shows how little Casey cared for Caylee and how much better Casey felt her life was without her.

I think the state did make a mistake putting Cindy on today. Her testimony showed that the hair in the trunk could belong to no one but Caylee, however I think the jury already knew that. The duct tape testimony was meaningless. The state should have asked George about the duct tape rather than asking Cindy what were basically hearsay questions about it. I question what the state was trying to achieve with the duct tape questioning. If they couldn't put that exact roll of duct tape in Casey's hands, they should have left the subject alone.

I think the reason Cindy called LE was she was furious at Casey AND because Casey wouldn't take her to Caylee. If Cindy had known THAT NIGHT what had really happened to Caylee, I truly wonder if she'd have ever called LE. You could hear it in Cindy's voice, she was mad and the verbiage she used when describing the odor in the car said she was mad.

I think you are in the majority for sure...I think she called because she knew. Just like I believe George knew, hence him throwing up when being interviewed.

They are not stupid people-they had a car that smelled like decomp and a missing grandchild. Someone was dead in the vehicle, and it wasnt Casey. :(

I think SA did great, and I am not fearful of the DT.

I'd really like to get transcripts from all the conversations at the Defense table. I can't imagine what Casey has to say all the time.

And I really can't imagine having to listen to it all.

ETA: At least not with a jury-aware straight face.

Bill Shaefer just brought up a good point - the pink shirt "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" is important as it shows the death occurred away from the Anthony home.

He says that if Caylee drowned in the family pool at home she would have been dressed in clothing that was familiar to Cindy.

dont be surprised if the DT says casey used to call Caylee her "bella vita"

Oh...I couldn't disagree more. Bill S. reminded everyone that LDB referenced the "Beautiful Life" in her opening statement. We have come full circle.
I am beginning to feel a little trial letdown, though...seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...it's been such a big part of my day for the past 3 years.

ITA. Well structured and methodical.

Especially since, IIRC, he (tattoo guy) asked about Caylee and KC said she'd bring her in next week or something like that.

That's why she didn't go to finish the tattoo? Cause he was asking intrusive questions?

Or just because she was arrested before next appointment?

*lightbulb moment* ICA put the tat on her back because she was subconsciously putting her daughter and her heinous deed BEHIND her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand