2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt this from the very beginning, he is really nasty to JA. And when he smacks down JB he always includes JA, too. When JA had nothing to do with JB's actions. Definitely feel he coddles JB!

There must be some past history between JPerry and Mr Ashton, but I think the problem is this, JPerry knows that Baez is too incompetent to be lead counsel on this trial and he knows that Mr Ashton could and does squash him like a little bug because Jeff has the education, the knowledge and the experience and can out lawyer Baez any day of the week. JPerry wants ICA to have a fair trial so I think he reins Jeff in every now and then.

We've seen JPerry hand Baez his azz on a plate quite a few times at the hearings for some of his shading dealings and just how JPerry is going to handle that during this trial remains to be seen.

If Caylees and Caseys DNA was ruined..we don't know for sure if it was ruined or never there in the first place..why wasn't the DNA that was present on the tape ruined? This does not make sense. I don;t think the duct tape was ever on Caylee's face.

Thank you for your opinion Golden. I appreciate your honesty.

I wonder if the jury will think this way as well? The defense doesn't have to prove the state is wrong. They have to create reasonable doubt. That's all.

This is a very interesting trial so far. but that's just my humble opinion.

Well, I'm not gonna lie. I don't like this 17 thing. I don't like the dressing down of JA in front of the jury and I don't like that JB just says whatever the heck he wants even though he knows it will be objected or even stricken from the record. He doesn't care as long as he gets it out there and the jury hears it. I know we are going to see that from him time and time and time again. :banghead:

Oh and JA...love ya buddy but PLEASE calm down!!!

I missed the 17 thing... what is this about??

I hope the SA knows who Caylee's father is... use it on rebuttal. mo

He just needs to keep his emotions in check. I've said it many times that his personal feelings for JB are getting in the way of him trying the perfect case. I have no doubt that he will prevail, but he needs to set his petty gamesmanship with JB aside, and just go for the conviction.

True but you notice who begged JA for help in fixing his bobo. Baez because they agreed the testimony about the blanket would not come in, Baez got it in and had to apologize, and JA left him off the hook.

I think JA is tired of being back stabbed. For that I don't blame him the State has had to work twice as hard to have a fair trial because of Baez's bumbling. They have had to help him do it right so that the appeals are not granted. And he still plays dirty and Aston is upset and frustrated as he should be. But, he needs to not act out in court. This is one of his faults is that he has a short fuse.

Dunno there but it's pretty common for there to be a like or not like relationship between judges and attorneys. I left my ex with his attorney, rather than requesting a conflict of interest dismissal. I sat on a Legal Aid board at the time and I was informed the presiding judge referred to the opposing attorney named Lincoln as "The Missing Link."

Well, I've said it before...I work for a judge. She must be the most impartial person I have ever met. Believe you me, there are some doozy of a lawyer types in our courtroom daily. But she treats each with respect. If there ever is a need for a slap down, that matter is set for a hearing...she holds it to the very end of the docket when the courtroom is cleared out ... so as not to embarrass.

NancyGraceHLN Nancy Grace
Casey Anthony:The Defense Adds New Witness: abcn.ws/jAUME6

we all know this but there is a video here

I agree Linda, as nursie said yesterday-you can't unring a bell. Even if they are instructed not to consider it, they heard it-you can't unhear information.

I know the blood talk left me with my jaw dropped and there is no way I would forget it - so if I was on that jury, it would have something to do with my final decision. Very confusing especially since I know a lot about this case (not all) and that was totally new to me.

Salem

Well, I'm not gonna lie. I don't like this 17 thing. I don't like the dressing down of JA in front of the jury and I don't like that JB just says whatever the heck he wants even though he knows it will be objected or even stricken from the record. He doesn't care as long as he gets it out there and the jury hears it. I know we are going to see that from him time and time and time again. :banghead:

Oh and JA...love ya buddy but PLEASE calm down!!!

IMO Jose is simply doing his JOB. Today he actually did a good job...so far. Ya can't fault him for that.

JA ( as much as I love him) needs to not get his panties all in the knot and raise his voice. The Judge reminded him of that.

I have followed all of this very closely and as crazy as it sounds Lee tried to touch his sister but it didn't go that far or something to that affect. Was unsuccessful. They are siblings maybe he was, at worst, trying to put a rubber spider on her bed. Who knows? But really JB if you are gonna lie go big or go home.. don't steal a VW and leave the Rolls Royce sitting there. Although this could be an insanity defense..... My lawyer is crazy.
Everybody knows you get pregnant from french kissing not from being felt up.

Honestly, I don't see HHJP being angry with JA or giving JB an unfair advantage. Remember HHJP denial of the motion for acquittal yesterday? He KNOWS the state has a case...what he doesn't want to have happen is for there to be a mistrial or have this come back at him on an appeal.

He knows very well why JA is getting upset...and understands...but HHJP must maintain fairness in directing this whole circus, I mean trial.

I think JA can hold his own with the jury...a war is not lost or won in one skirmish. I think we all need to sit down, shut up and trust that the truth will win!!!
Fair enough, but I see it. Every time JA behaves in a way HHJP doesn't like, he has no problems sniping at him, even when JA asks a reasonable question. For example, at a pre-trial hearing JA asked HHJP about alerting his family to something, and HHJP's replied so rude to him. I was taken aback by it.

Will someone pleeeeze tell me if LA sex abuse came up when he was on the stand on june 1st or otherwise? I've been out of town. TIA

The State was VERY stupid not to meet these allegations of JB's head on about the molestation. They should have addressed it in their case and taken the sting out of it if they could. Now JB has full rein to tell his side and the State can't do much. Sounds to me like Lee did do something to Casey but that doesn't explain her behavior in my mind. The State didn't ask Lee about what he did to Casey when a teenager which makes him look guilty. I also think Lee is in on this and is going to admit to something when he gets on the stand but not enough to make KC into what she became.

In all fairness, why should the state address something that there is not one iota of evidence to show it actually happened? The state does not need to address the defense's fantasy about ICA being sexually abused, not without proof, and the defense is not going to prove it, and won't even put any mental health professionals on stand. The opening statements are NOT evidence. The defense can claim whatever it wants in the OS, and that's what it did. The state by no means is required to give an argument to go against pure fantasy with no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

The State was VERY stupid not to meet these allegations of JB's head on about the molestation. They should have addressed it in their case and taken the sting out of it if they could. Now JB has full rein to tell his side and the State can't do much. Sounds to me like Lee did do something to Casey but that doesn't explain her behavior in my mind. The State didn't ask Lee about what he did to Casey when a teenager which makes him look guilty. I also think Lee is in on this and is going to admit to something when he gets on the stand but not enough to make KC into what she became.

Hi Kathyn: I too have a suspicion that we have not heard the last of Lee with regard to his sister's allegations. The Anthony's "Team Casey" is not dead yet.

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
by Michigangal30
Attorney Richard Hale, who called press conf, said Vasco Thompson has sought other counsel. Press conference canceled. #caseyanthony

If Caylees and Caseys DNA was ruined..we don't know for sure if it was ruined or never there in the first place..why wasn't the DNA that was present on the tape ruined? This does not make sense. I don;t think the duct tape was ever on Caylee's face.

The duct tape, along with Caylee's rotting body lay in a water infested swamp for nearly 6 months - there would not be an expectation for anyone to have got DNA off what was left of this little girl. The DNA on the tape is probably contamination from one of the testers and nothing else. There is no mystery here but that is exactly what Baez wants you to think.

Can someone explain why JB would ask about LA paternity test if it was negitive? I am so confused right now.

I can only guess the answers to the FBI investigation on that aspect of this case show some indication that those claims can be supported. Otherwise why were they even asked to compare the DNA as a possible.

He just needs to keep his emotions in check. I've said it many times that his personal feelings for JB are getting in the way of him trying the perfect case. I have no doubt that he will prevail, but he needs to set his petty gamesmanship with JB aside, and just go for the conviction.

Can't believe I'm just waking up. I did get up at 6:00 and started watching it on my i-touch, but after hearing 1 too many "can you tell the ladies and gentlemen of the jury", I turned it off.

I then woke to HLN with JA YELLING in the courtroom. I'm like Dude - bring it down a notch. You just woke me up!

I know he's passionate and I completely understand where he's coming from. But I did get a little giggle when Your Honour said "Listen, I do not have a hearing problem" OOPS. I digress - were both JB and JA yelling?

I have a lot of posts to catch up, so will leave that as my comment :)

Morning, and hugs to all - especially Caylee. I'm thinking about you today and what you had to endure 3 years ago little one.

MOO

Mel

Thanks! Didn't you make any for yourself or the others? :D

Thanks for the offer of these fine beverages. They are a bit sweet for me. Do you have anything stronger? Like Gin and Gin with a twist of GIN?
You the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member