2011.06.16 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think HHJP is an excellent judge, but anyone else get the feeling he just plain doesn't like JA?

JA or JB?

I get the feeling that he's trying really hard not to get a feeling....

Anyone know if any homeless people could have been living out in those woods closer to the time Caylee was found?? Wonder if Dominic Casey would be a 17??

I know Jeff Ashton will fix this. I just know he will. There has to be a reasonable explanation.

"I don't have a hearing problem." hahahahahahahhaahhaa

I feel kind of bad for all the talking heads that have to discuss this ad naseum. Perhaps Vasco will provide the relief...

Can someone explain why JB would ask about LA paternity test if it was negitive? I am so confused right now.

We so very much need and deserve these:

gili_pool_cocktails.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LI20iydaNdc/TMbITBj5yTI/AAAAAAAAC-Q/EXf8WquTxaY/s400/gili_pool_cocktails.jpg

I'll take them ALL please. And keep em comin! :crazy:

Two questions:
1. What was the wording of the final question JA wants stricken?
2. If the DT calls Casey to testify, does that open the door for the SA to recall her (and allow them to ask her questions "out of the scope)?

Okay, I'm thinking since the State never mentioned it, the possible blood found is not important or just indicates animal activity? So I shouldn't be nervous about it at all? I can't imagine the state would overlook blood, and it worries that some was found.

IMHO it's very important that KC get a fair, balanced and is defended in the best way possible even if that way is aggravating.

Because if she doesn't that means appeal time. And an appeal could possibly end in overturning of conviction and then if the State wants to pursue a retrial.

I want her convicted of the crimes she has commited. So if it seems I am in anyway sympathetic to defense, I'm not :). I'm just trying to understand and IMHO it should have been entered into evidence that LE did ask the lab for DNA testing on Lee and GA, there's nothing to hide there. IIRC

Anyone have a link handy to relook at the request for DNA testing? I can't remember how it was worded and who requested it. Thanks!

Ashton didn't need to go through that rig-ma-roll.

He should have simply objected to Relevancy.

The rest of that drama was not needed nor do I (personally) feel the other objections were well-founded. Entertaining though.

Oh I totally disagree Uklaw; Ashton needs to get JB rattled NOW. JB was having a difficult bumbling time with his questioning and as I'm learning from my attorney professors in my Deposition Class (I'm a 3L now) - JA is going to be alpha even in DT's CIC. Did you notice how after JA's last argument the Judge asked Jose if had anything else and JB said in kind of a defeated tone, "not really".

I believe we'll see it time and time again; the state will make a proper objection, JB will try again, they will object again, and after several unsuccessful attempts to get what he wants to out of the witness, JB will just "move on your honor".

I liked JA's move just now. Sweet.

Happy Bloomsday all! I dare say Leopold Bloom's journey through Dublin was far easier to follow that baez's pointless morning. Sneaky so-and-so. (And Ulysses is anything but easily followed.) At least I got some chores done.

I kind of have a stomach ache but am going to eat pizza anyway. Ugh. I swear I have gained 30lbs since the start of this trial.

I only got to see the last hour of the morning session, and will miss the entire afternoon session - grandson's high school graduation.

Does anyone here think JB made any points this morning? Any dramatic evidence that would sway the jury?

IMO, I completely agree with JA getting so angry. JB continues to get away with his sneaky, irrelevant questions. MOO

I understand why JA gets so angry. However, he needs to consider an angry demeanor may not go over too well with the Jury. He also needs to consider, Baez loves to push his buttons.

There is nothing that bothers me more than trial by hijacking. It really is not justice when a defense attorney plays these dirty games. I truly hope they get this resolved. JA needs to calm down. He is without a doubt giving the jury more credence to this testimony than necessary.

He needs to be calm and walk this witness through this very carefully...... and calmly.

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Attorney Richard Hale, who called press conf, said Vasco Thompson has sought other counsel. Press conference canceled

I've felt this from the very beginning, he is really nasty to JA. And when he smacks down JB he always includes JA, too. When JA had nothing to do with JB's actions. Definitely feel he coddles JB!
ICA and JB will never be able to claim bias against them from this judge. Don't worry, it's all good.

I wonder if there is a history we don't know about?
I wonder, too.

If HHJP doesn't like JA, he should really keep that in check when addressing him in open court. JA does need to calm down but the judge is letting his personal distaste show and it's not fair. If HHJP going to mollycoddle Baez in front of the jury, the least he can do is treat JA with professionalism.

My opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member