2011.06.16 TRIAL Day Twenty (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, Baez wants us to believe a messy handler didnt see the residue, then point out she was a messy handler, YET redeem her on how careful she was?

ETA: Somebody with higher authority than me needs to work on that dog chasing his behind smiley for us...Thank Yew.

Yeah but didn't the lady who saw the sticker residue say it was gone at the end of her examination because she put something on it or something to do with the processing of the tape? So, if that's true then yeah, this spectro lady wouldn't have seen it either, righ? Or am I remembering wrong what the FBI lady did to the tape?

Witness says she used her machine to try to find residue and debris on the tape. She tried all the different lights and filters, but couldn't find any sticker residue.

I don't know why the defense is doing this - the SA witness had already said the residue had disappeared due to processing for fingerprints. Was JB not listening to that testimony?

how could it not be there...? who is she again???? x-fbi? or current?

Didn't this woman get the tape after the first woman used chemicals, which destroyed the imprint of the sticker?

I think this would be score number one for the DT in my opinion.

However, he should back off this line of questioning because he discounts her credibility !!!!

Agreed. His witness is sort of bland too and she has already made her point. Too bad she didn't get to see the tape before all of the chemicals were applied that ruined the residue.

No evidence of sticker residue on duct tape.

by the time she got it the other investigator who saw it already destroyed it in her investigative process

I suspect that witness will be a rebuttal witness..

oh and she is the one who contaminated it?! Oh this gets better... how is the jury to determine her examination to be competent if she contaminated it? just throwing that out there for thought

I cannot believe how much time he's wasting on this sticker.

The sticker shape & the heart shaped sticker is one of the main things that the State is using to link the body to ICA. Take away that heart impression & the sticker, how do you connect ICA to the body?

The blanket? We know that blanket was at the house, and all of those at the house had access to it.
The Car? We know that several people had access to the car?

Without the sticker and its connection to ICA's sticker collection, you suddenly introduce several other options to who had access to the body.

Summation of today:

Baez can't prove his claims. He is trying to poke holes in the State's claims. At this rate we will be here several more weeks.

well, you're an optimistic sort. I was thinking somewhere around 2013.

I am seeing shades of the OJ trial here. The jury in that case was BURIED under CSI type minutia and ended up just ignoring it.
They can't ignore the 31 days though, or the hot body contest, or the jail calls, Universal. And I think it's well established the Caylee was in the trunk of that car.

Difference between KC and OJ is that OJ was a somebody; a football hero with a brilliant defense team who knew how to poke holes in the prosecution's case.

My opinions...

ABCAshleigh Ashleigh Banfield
#caseyanthony Jurors taking notes on this witness.

No, I thought she said the other person did see it. BUT, by the time she was done with her process and went back to take a photo of it, it was gone? IIRC

by the time she got it the other investigator who saw it already destroyed it in her investigative process

I suspect that witness will be a rebuttal witness..

oh and she is the one who contaminated it?! Oh this gets better... how is the jury to determine her examination to be competent if she contaminated it? just throwing that out there for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3