2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I think will happen and this will probably make a lot of you mad at me. I think CA will be convicted, but it will be a lesser charge and she will be sentenced to something like 25 to 30 years in prison. Don't know about Florida, but in OK a 30 year sentence is only about 10 years of actual prison time.

HLN just did a play-back of JA's cross when he made the "pig in a blanket" statement. I noticed JB was standing to the left behind JA. This would be close to the Jury Box.Why does HHJP allow this?

I think he's doing it to intimidate JA or push his buttons. Literally breathing down his neck to throw him off his game.

That is probably true. If it was a Hispanic gang member with a felony or a white power KKK guy. But the point he was making is the Defense used his face, his 'scary black' face, to try and muddy the waters and make George look guilty. I must have seen this innocent man's face, huge on the tv screen, about 50 times in the past 48 hours.

I just cracked up when Matt Morgan (John Morgan's son who recently joined the firm) said that JB thought he had found the "golden ticket" for reasonable doubt. He also said that the kidnapping charge was related to a 5 minute domestic dispute and that the guy is happily married, did his time, and has a good relationship with his "kidnapping victim".

I don't usually watch any of the tv coverage but I saw the comments about LP and put on JVM. Missed the catfight but I did just LP going on about Baez and the Anthony's throwing JG under the bus and JVM stopped to disclaim that was his opinion and not the view of the show or network.

I guess they have gotten blow back? Is Padilla on the teevee every DAY? Another way to deal with the issue to stop putting him on.

When prompted about all the lives the case ruined, he mentioned all the boyfriends will make money from the case.

Okay - bear with me please...I am in the UK and therefore miss most of HLN/CNN/TruTV - although am American and remember most of the TH's with disdain.

Has Wendy Murphy seen a profiling report? Done any research into parents who kill their children? EVER???

I just cannot understand how a former prosecutor could believe Casey is covering for someone else! :banghead:

She used to prosecute sex crimes, so imo, she sides with Casey's incest story. She is starting with the assumption Casey is an innocent victim, and she keeps saying that Casey didn't have her car or her child on the 16th, so we need to figure out who did to find the real killer.

I sent her two e-mails with links to our timelines and other information here, but I doubt she has looked at any of it.

I just cracked up when Matt Morgan (John Morgan's son who recently joined the firm) said that JB thought he had found the "golden ticket" for reasonable doubt. He also said that the kidnapping charge was related to a 5 minute domestic dispute and that the guy is happily married, did his time, and has a good relationship with his "kidnapping victim".

I did too! Glad someone else brought that up.....:rocker:

That is probably true. If it was a Hispanic gang member with a felony or a white power KKK guy. But the point he was making is the Defense used his face, his 'scary black' face, to try and muddy the waters and make George look guilty. I must have seen this innocent man's face, huge on the tv screen, about 50 times in the past 48 hours.

There are legal remedies to this outside of the race card. Morgan had his hands in this for sure.

I don't know why they keep having LP on, I don't believe a single thing that comes out of his mouth and when he's on I just change the channel. All he wants is attention and it's already past the point of getting old.

Did the testimony at all ever reveal if the smell of decomposition in the car trunk could ever be removed?

Yet JB brought up Dr.Haskell's fees. What's even worse imo after HHJP told JB TH could not testify about human decomp stains he still snuck it in and then some. Botany was another area he tried to go into. JB doesn't have any experts to refute the states findings clearly.

yes, the loud noise (sounded like a gun shot) was something falling off the podium! (and JA was getting up to ask for sidebar)

I thought someone got shot :fence:

Just got home from work and am watching the replay of JA's cross with the bug guy. OMG! How masterful!!

ICA should be shaking in her boots thinking, "I am a good liar", but not that good!! Can you imagine having to face JA! He rocked!:rocker:

OMG Sonny and Wendy just got into this big bashing match on JVM.

Wendy is saying the bug expert lied and should be santioned. And Sonny jumped all over her for saying that. Then Wendy come back and yelling at Sonny.

And I missed this???????? Dang!:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member