2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the court reporter I would be madder that seven hells having to carry the typewriter thingy over to the bench 73 million times a day!

I think they should just have two court reporters. One for court and one for sidebars. Just park one over there on the sidebars... have the other court reporter note SIDEBAR in her transcript and then combine them later. That'd cut an extra couple minutes off the time it takes her to get settled at the sidebar and back at the stand.

That's it. To me if he thinks the trunk liner stain doesn't LOOK like decomp fluid staining, then Jeff Ashton should be able to open the can containing the stained trunk liner, since the witness claims to be an expert at smelling and differentiating it.

Let the super entomologist who wears so many different hats smell it.

BAM

Now moving onto the smell of decomp in the car. How is this okay? He is giving his opinion on the decomp smell.

This reminds me of the lecture scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off: "Anyone? Anyone?" And the kids are glazed over and drooling. I feel their pain!
:p

Wouldn't it be cool to open the cans at the end of the day and let the odor linger with the jurors overnight, or is that too gross to even imagine?

OKay this guy just p****d me off by trying to be snarky.
This particular defense entomologist creeps me out in a way that the other "we work with dead people" professionals didn't, even the ones who testified for the defense yesterday. A large part of the creepiness is his choice of examples - like suggesting he would prefer to march a live person out and murder them at the experiment scene in order to replicate the circumstances in this case, prior to eventually explainingthat donated human cadavers have already passed the moments-after-death decomp period thus they could not be used to study that period, whereas pigs could be slaughtered and their moments-after-death decomp period could be studied - which are unnecessarily offensive. IMO experts are most effective when the jury LIKES them. This guy isn't really very likeable IMO.

I think if I were riding alone in an elevator and he got in, I would get out. And I have a pretty thick skin in this regard - I have contact with accused killers, robbers, rapists, etc. on a regular basis. But this guy = creepy.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Just my opinion obviously, but JB looks terrified and aware that he's WAY out of his depth. He appears more nervous than the witness

Is it just me..or is JB trying to get from this witness that his test even tho not even close to circumstances, of Caylee's that he can ASSUME the his results precludes the results of his mentor and Dr. Vass who has over 2 decades deealing with human bodies and decomp??..

I am sorry..Thats not even close to putting any dint in the States findings and results IMO...:banghead: I do hope that JB never represents another client in any courtroom again..I really do question alot about his abilities and ethics.. but in the end..Who else believes he will go on to write books and become a TH (paid) on Talk Shows????..never again for any Judge have to tutor him on how to ask questions and many other items..

SOOOOOOOOO tired and I have to work tonight ..ugh!

I did try to nap during sidebars. But that didnt work.

This is the witness that never ends.

JB continues to ask endless questions, rarely with relevance.

Witness continues to offer his "best guess" expositions to yes or no questions.

I assume JB is trying to assert body never in ICA's car, a waste of time. He'd be better off trying to put RK in the car.

Wondering whether we'll ever get some witnesses relevant to JB's opening statement?

I've officially tuned out now. This has become excruciating. All I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher now. I'm guessing that's what the jurors are hearing, too.

The gallery has:

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Sorry I've not been active. I think I'm learning to sleep with my eyes open. Twitter cut me out for a bit again. Weird!!

If I'm not mistaken he said that this dude would be on the stand for a half hour at 9:30am today. :banghead:

I think I see Dr. Spitz at the Orlando airport at the gate for a flight back to Michigan. Just kidding. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela