2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JA is so passionate about this case, he gets very frustrated with the absurdity of all of this. Boggles the mind! I don't blame him, but I have to find humor in CJBP, or I would go insane.

It is a full on Jerry Springer show out there. As a Floridian, I am embarrassed.

I'm embarrassed at how many folks down here don't follow simple courtesy and social rules.

Seriously, Who believes they should be allowed to cut in line, and no one say anything?

I see that kind of carp down here all the time. If you call them on it,then YOU are the bad one.. What??

I'm afraid that if I was in that line, I too would have been arrested. Cause I would have said something to those folks. And kept it up until they removed themselves or was tossed out. But from my experience, I know that those type of folks have no shame. They don't care if they are offending others, etc.

With Adults with that kind of attitude, can you imagine what the school system is like???

I'm thinking the defense is going to win this one.... I hoping I'm wrong.

JB: I don't understand one expert allowed to testify about decomp and
HJBP: read pages 28 - 32 and then tell me as to what this Dr. testified to in his depo, and same or not same to Dr. Haskell's testimony

JB just said "let me see if I can ask this question correctly!" That is the problem. A good attorney knows how to asks questions correctly. :banghead:

The reason he does that is he is looking at the question that LKB has texted to him and he CAN'T EVEN READ IT CORRECTLY. So he pretends to start over, and re-reads the question on his computer screen.

You both read pages 28-31 and tell me what he said in depo, it'll be tale of two cities no doubt

Huntington - JB - tests can be done to suspected body fluid or soil assoc with decomp fluid.....

HHBP said his report is not included in discovery

HHBP all he needs - show to him in report or deposition.....what opinion he is going to give then let the atty's argue.....

1/28/11 depo - pg 31 line 9-17...asked specifically decomp seen in trunk - hour, day or week sufficient to see...in FL in couple days see decomp saturate liner of the trunk.....straining and saturate carpet liner and fluid....
JA - any other opinion - (counsel is busy texting)
HHBP - do NOT want editorial comments - could care less what JB is doing or not doing all concerned with is proffer whether or not in his report vs. his depo is violation of court order....do not care if JB is standing on head or one leg....folks lets be professional

JB ask question you were supposed to profer to see if this violates court order.....

JB if body to decompose in car...what type fluid....what expect to see a day or two from decomp...the decomp fluid leaches from body has blackish stain....it will soak thru carpet liner into pad underneath....in a day or two hot temps - rapid bloat....insect activity - body fluids leech rapid - rupture of skin surface of the body..

JB -slightly expand upon the qustion

JA - it is not similar to answer he gave ...he now says he can identify color of fluid is no way in his depo....what occurs with decomp fluid not in his depo....outside of his forensic entomology - only other reference he made to trunk is pg 32 acknowledge detect foul odor.....object - to violate court order - and completely outside of his expertise...

JB -he didn't ID color of decomp fluid - but decomp stain.....see a sort of decomp fluid staining saturating carpet liner in trunk...hundreds of other maggots - not outside of his area expertise - Dr. Neil Haskell testified - now argue an entomology is not qualified to answer now..

HHBP - Dr. Haskell testified

JB he testified about different stages of decomp - describe complete decomp involved...

JA - no object to this witness to generality - object to stain of decomp look like and doesn't look like

JB - Dr. Haskell took step further testified decomp and napkins in trash decomp - don't understand one expert can testify but another can not...

HHBP - go to pg .28.....read pages 28-32.....after read both pages - you tell me both of you how similar or dissimilar to Dr. Haskell

Respectfully, I have to disagree. Since JP made in clear back in the hearings that he was going to start fining them for editorial comments, I think he's just out of patience with this issue. I don't think he's showing favor to one side or the other, just trying to make everyone comply with this rule. I think that's fair.

I agree, but this isn't the first time that JA has made editorial comments during an objection. He can still get his point across without losing his temper. Be the better attorney.

I'm guessing that by favoring the defense it makes it harder for the defense to get an appeal. JMO

Yes, I think he's a lil harder on Ashton because judge wants this to go smoothly with conviction and no mistrial.

Jb is violating a court order and texting..nice.

JA is upset because there is NO point to this testimony since an expert in the field of decomp liquid and it is fact.

This witness is NOT an expert in what he is giving his opinion on.

Is there a court order against texting? I DO find it incredibly rude, but the DT, and even the SA has been doing it all along.

Paper notes are accepted, but to call your lifeline aka your electronic attorney while trying a case is pitiful.

JA so did not deserve what Judge Perry just dished out to him. And yet he bends over backwards for the utter unprofessional behaviour of JB. I agree with previous poster - that smackdown of JA just sickens me and was uncalled for.

Well, in a court where the lawyers are getting heated, the judge has to (like a parent or teacher) give a strong lecture to keep it from getting worse or escalating over time. No big deal to an attorney. Again, like with kids, it doesn't usually matter who is getting yelled at. It is just a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela