2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, HHJP...but Haskell was talking about cleaning decomp in relation TO the insect evidence found on the papertowels. C'mon now.

O.K....This really bothers me that HHJP DID NOT make JB stop texting while questioning this witness. That is so UNPROFESSIONAL and further instills in my mind that JB needs to go open another Bikini shop because it's quite obvious he hasn't a clue on lawyering. HHJP should have crawled JB's *advertiser censored** instead of JA. We know LKB and others are telling JB what to say, do, etc. via text messaging. I'm upset with HHJP...he should have reprimanded JB. JMHO.

:banghead:

I think cell phones are now considered a tool in court . I have no other explanation for it.

Yes, I think he's a lil harder on Ashton because judge wants this to go smoothly with conviction and no mistrial.

Yes, gibby...and, imo - he knows JA is a professional, seasoned attorney and he expects so much more from him than the bumbling bee JB.

I think Jeff should let Linda handle this interaction with Judge Perry this am. Jeff isn't being listened to as he is at such an emotional level. Is Linda allowed to step in with these objections or does it have to be Jeff?

I'm sorry HHJP having an atty texting in front of you is NOT professional. You're getting after the WRONG atty.

Agreed.

But. Being called out on it by another colleague - on national tv no less, is not professional either. If it happened to me I would have been on JA in a NY minute. Got something to say? Pull me aside out of earshot.

Of course HHJP will agree with defense....no big surprise. Who cares if JB didn't file a report?? JA lost his temper and that's much worse.

JA - the surprise is that the witness is now able to claim that he identify the stain as human decompisition

JA: Have we finished listening to the opinion of the witness because it seemed like we stopped. Obviously, he's not qualified to talk about phenolphthalein tests, we've already heard from an experienced witness about that so... clearly he's not qualify to testify to that, and that's not in his deposition. But is there any other opinion counsel is going to illicit? Because, I'm sorry I'll wait. Counsel's busy texting.
HJBP: I don't know how many times and I'm not gonna say this ever again... I do not, I do not want to hear editorial comments. Let's. Stick. To. The. Facts. I care less what Mr. Baez may be doing or not doing, all I am concerned with at this time is the proffer and whether or not what's in his report vs. his deposition is a violation of this courts order. I do not care if Mr. Baez is standing on his head, standing on one leg... so folks please, let's just stick with the facts and be professional.

I think JA is going to lose this one. It sure has been a long day already!

JA is pointing out that the witness cannot identify human decomposition. It is not in his report or his deposition.

Did this witness actually look at the stain, in this case, on the trunk liner and smell it?

OMG - how pathetic is that Baez has to read his answer to the court off his phone??!! Seriously, Baez has no credibility at all, end of.

I actually wish JA would let this go. He can still squash this guy's work like a bug.Stoopid pun,free of charge.

I respectfully and completely disagree.

HHJP is following the law and HHJP has warned them several times over the last year about editorial comments.

I do not think HHJP has a bias for either side.

MOO:twocents:

BBM. I respectfully disagree. HHJP is by far more harsh in his admonishments to JA than he has been to ANY of the attys in that courtroom, including his other SA colleagues. For whatever reason HHJP smacks JA the hardest, even when his minor transgressions aren't anywhere near as egregious as JB and Company. CM seems to get away with saying anything in HHJP's courtroom.

HHJP is very fair in his rulings on the law but his degree of admonishments are not equal or fair to the attys that are currently in the Courtroom.

I think cell phones are now considered a tool in court . I have no other explanation for it.

I wonder about that as well. I don't think there's any reason to believe HHJBP would let it slide if they weren't considered as such. If he has spoken with them regarding etiquette and use, he may also simply be noting JB's continuing (and repeated) disregard for his instructions. In other words, I don't believe he misses a thing that happens in the courtroom, and it will all come back to haunt JB at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela