2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference does it make if Dr. Haskell talked about decomp fluid or not? This is a different witness, and if HE didn't talk about it in his depo, it shouldn't come in, imo.
If JB didn't ask about this in the depo, it shouldn't come in.
Although, I fail to see what difference it makes to JA.

I believe JA is right. This witness has exceeded his own report.

IMO - the trunk liner was removed from trunk by time Huntington saw trunk - he never saw the stain in the liner!!!! it was never introduced!!!

So Baez is reading off his phone and now reading off a computer at the podium...any other aids he's missing?

an upset Mr. Ashton....

Attachments

• upset Mr Ashton 3.jpg
    upset Mr Ashton 3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 75
JA is pointing out that the witness cannot identify human decomposition. It is not in his report or his deposition.

Well I guess there's one way to know for sure...pop one of those cans open and ask him what it is! Then they can all go home..well all except ICA. :floorlaugh:

I too have seen maggots on open wounds, particularly diabetics, as they often have lost feeling in the feet. I have seen housefly eggs having been laid in gangrenous tissue as well. IN a live person.

I have also seen maggots in open wounds of people with circulatory problems and wounds that were left untreated for a time. Back in the old days we let the maggots stay in some wounds to "clean" them.

and, by the way, I'll just add that my DH who is a Vietnam vet and has seen all kinds of wounds in the living and the dead and was subjected to all kinds of odors agrees that the odor of decomposition is definitely distinguishable from all others

I have got to say this. LDB should bench Mr. Ashton for a while. The jury love her, she is sharp as hell, and she thoroughly flummoxes JB. Add to that the fact that ICA literally seethes with jealousy every time she stands up, and you have a winning combination.

JA is very, very competent. Do not misunderstand me here. But he is taking things entirely too personally with JB, and what's more, JB is playing him like a violin because he knows it. I say put out the fire by removing the fuel.

:cow:

I think cell phones are now considered a tool in court . I have no other explanation for it.

I know what else is considered "a tool" in court, but I will sit on my hands - briefly.

I think this was asked before, but I don't recall seeing the answer. Is CM there today?

ETA: Never mind. Just saw him at sidebar.

I'm thinking the defense is going to win this one.... I hoping I'm wrong.

It's okay. Proves Judge is impartial and the State has plenty to work with ,with this experts "experiment".

What difference does it make if Dr. Haskell talked about decomp fluid or not? This is a different witness, and if HE didn't talk about it in his depo, it shouldn't come in, imo.
If JB didn't ask about this in the depo, it shouldn't come in.
Although, I fail to see what difference it makes to JA.

The color he said it was isn't the color it is in the trunk.

I actually wish JA would let this go. He can still squash this guy's work like a bug.Stoopid pun,free of charge.

But why let it go if he's right, and he is, imo. Haskell only talked about decomp fluid in relation to the bug evidence he found in the papertowels. He NEVER gave his opinion that the stain was decomp fluid. Which is what JB is trying to get this witness to do. Dr. Huntington is an entomologist...he should be discussing BUGS! Period.

JMO

Can Linda step in for Jeff as I feel that the Judge is not listening to Jeff today???

HHJP must take care of the JB problems confidentially -- like how he suddenly stopped asking everyone if they were there when Caylee drowned. I hate watching him get nasty with JA. Too scary to think anything except that he wants the record to show he was harder on prosecution than defense when appellate looks at this. JA is on a mission for Caylee and JB is for ICA so of course JA will be more emotional.

Well then perhaps JP can also deal with JA confidentially. Seems to me Caylee needs more advocacy than Casey. But then that's just me. I am so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela