2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JB is sneaking this witness in to refute the stain and not so much the bugs. This witness is trying really hard to get this testimony in.

CJBP - Have you ever testified about this in a court of law?

TH - No

CJBP - Why not?

TH - Never been asked.

I think Judge is harder on the "older child" because the "younger child" is doing a lot of things to attract attention (some negative) and he wants the "older child" to ignore that behavior because he KNOWS the "older child" can do better. But, as the "older child", it's hard to watch the "younger child" "get away" with things and makes them think the Judge likes them more. But... that's not true. Judge just EXPECTS more out of the "older child." MOO.

I seem to remember an image of Justice being supposed to be blind ... holding a sword in her right hand, a set of scales in her left ( the snark is directed to HHJP not you gibby )

Have you ever testified about this in a court of law?

no

why not?

Nobody's ever asked me.

Is he implying he'd testify about anything if someone just asked him?

Is the jury listening when talking about what to expect a decomp stain to look like in a trunk? He isn't taking into consideration the body was triple bagged.. not just laying in the trunk!

He just said if you think it is a decomp stain.. it isn't a decomp stain because it would be very obvious.

There you go -- right to the center --
How are you qualified and how does that relate to THIS case?

HHJP -- my hero!

Judge is doing what JA wanted as far as discrediting witness to some degree.

C'mon now...you guys can't have it both ways. You cheer when Baez gets the smack down from HHJP, but when JA gets the smack down, suddenly he's biased.

The defense IS going to win a few. If they didn't I would seriously wonder about the fairness of HHJP. Try to take it all in stride. :)

JMO
It's not the slapping down that bothers me. I get that HHJP wants the lawyers to behave, and he has every right to remind them of that.

But...

It's that HHJP addresses Baez respectfully even while slapping him down, and he should. However when smacking JA down, HHJP is downright nasty, even when JA asked an innocuous question at a pre-trial hearing.

That's what bothers me. But hey, it won't matter when this case is over, so...

:)

All that said, what really matters is that HHJP has been absolutely fair in all of his rulings.

Is the jury in court while the judge is questioning Huntington?

I completely disagree.

Baez is a grown man, passed the bar, is the lead attorney in death penalty case. JA and Baez should be treated exactly the same. Baez's smirking, neck twitching, head shakes, grinning, txting at podium - goes on without comment. Yet let JA make an editorial comment and HHJP becomes unglued. The State has worked damn hard for years while Baez has dragged his feet and missed deadlines and not one time did HHJP follow through with his threats to him. Not once. Even when he was sanctioned it was a slap on the wrist.

HHJP's mollycoddling Baez is wrong, IMO.

Everyone has their own opinion on this though and I respect that.

Amen! Could not have said it better myself :)

OmG, now I just feel sorry for this witness. He is so out of his league. Um did JB even prep this guy before trial? Unbelievable.

Haskell sent the paper towels off because there were bugs in them and he thought they were attracted by decomp fluid so he sent them off to Dr. Vass to analyze..

:waitasec: :fence: This is Humpty-Dumpty.

He is speaking of a complete Decomp case over 11 days!!!!!!!....

Why isn't he speaking of a only 3-5 days of Decomp...

In 2 Garbage Bags!!!!

And a Laundry Bag!!!

This witness is unaware of any way you could remove that kind of stain. I'm sure he has never tried to remove a stain.

He's doing what he needs to do to not give any chance of appeal. I trust him and the state. Even if JB gets this win, JA is going to eat this guy for lunch on cross. And there is no way this guy will discredit the Tate experts. Imo

I hope you are right!

I wonder how annoyed the jury is getting with the constant shuffle in and out of the courtroom.

I think JB is sneaking this witness in to refute the stain and not so much the bugs. This witness is trying really hard to get this testimony in.

Agreed and think the judge is starting to see the light with regards to that right now.

I wonder where this is gonna go.... hmmm....

HJBP: what makes you qualified to talk about the stains and what you expect to find and how relates to this case if any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie