2011.06.17 TRIAL Day Twenty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that by favoring the defense it makes it harder for the defense to get an appeal. JMO

Argreed. But I don't think HHJP is favoring the defense. Just covering his bases for anything that could lead to an appeal.

YIKES! HHJBP is furious! At JA!!!

Let's be professional...but doesn't care that JB is texting at the podium? I don't get it.

I have to agree. I don't think attorneys texting at the podium (or anywhere in the Courtroom) is professional at all.

JA does seem to be having trouble yesterday and I guess today getting upset. I don't disagree with what he's getting pissed about but pissing off the judge isn't good.

I think JB has just kept HHJP in a constant state of irritation since pre-trial so that doesn't seem like favoritism.

BOTH JA and JB sound like petulant children right now.
Yet HHJP mollycoddles him. I guess the reports were wrong - HHJP does suffer *unsual persons* gladly.

JA so did not deserve what Judge Perry just dished out to him. And yet he bends over backwards for the utter unprofessional behaviour of JB. I agree with previous poster - that smackdown of JA just sickens me and was uncalled for.

It was totally called for. The HHJP has warned them repeatedly over this very thing.

JA does seem to be having trouble yesterday and I guess today getting upset. I don't disagree with what he's getting pissed about but pissing off the judge isn't good.

I think JB has just kept HHJP in a constant state of irritation since pre-trial so that doesn't seem like favoritism.

BOTH JA and JB sound like petulant children right now.

I couldn't have said it better myself. JA needs to remain above the fray and not lower himself to JB's level. I know this is a stressful situation but he's a professional with years of experience and he's got to get a handle on himself. I like JA a lot! I just think he's not behaving well right now.

HHJP - read pgs 28-31 of the depo and let me know what witness testified to and I guess we will get tale of 2 cities

You know what, fine. Let this testimony in. The witness is talking also about people who have smelled human decomp "knowing" what it is. JA can get up and use that to bolster the State's case. Let THAT backfire on Baez. Again.

HHJP interrupted JB and referred him to the depo of the witness to aid him in his argument, or squash his argument to prevent him from rambling.

OMG!!! The judge needs to hide his bias a little better. Sorry, Caylee. No justice for you, here.

I don't believe Judge Perry is biased toward the defense, but he IS intolerant when the attorneys don't toe the line as he sees it. IMO, he's doing his best to give the defense the benefit of the doubt when he can, as it IS a death penalty case, and he wants very much to avoid any reversible error.

JA may be getting his hand slapped now, but that's nothing compared to the copious smackdowns JP has administered to the DT. :D

JA so did not deserve what Judge Perry just dished out to him. And yet he bends over backwards for the utter unprofessional behaviour of JB. I agree with previous poster - that smackdown of JA just sickens me and was uncalled for.
I agree but it comes with the territory. Judges are always harder on the prosecution. Defense is treated like an honored guest. That is not unique to this trial or these players.

Not trying to highjack the thread and I know this is OT but I had to share. I just got into a facebook discussion with some friends and they think Caylee drowned and George helped hide the body! They were talking about Dr. Drew, etc. The media has spun this case out of control!! AGH! Okay, now carry on! :):angel:

wow - HHJP's smackdown of JA just made me feel sick.

I think HHJP is going out of his way to give the DT more leeway and being harder on the SA because he doesn't want to give the DT ammo for saying he was biased towards them.

In other words he knows ICA is guilty and wants to see her prosecuted.

KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member