2011.06.18 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for the complete text messages between Casey and Tony, read them before, can't find them now.
I remember in one text Tony called Casey Bella Mia, from what I can find it means beautiful one..
I think that is why Casey got the tattoo for Bella Vita...beautiful one, beautiful life.

Why did Dr. S say there was hair placed on the skull for a photo? What was that all about?
That was about a witness who got caught surprised at a photo he either missed or forgot about.
He forgot to consider water flow, animal activity, gravity.......
But mainly he's got his knickers in a twist because her realllly wanted to assist the ME to do their autopsy so now he's going to take jabs at her. It was a sad display from an angry man. When he opened the door to shoddy work by the ME, I wondered if JA was going to drive home his shoddy and questionable work but he didn't. He did get the list of defendants WS has been associated with in the past. I'm sure the jurors rolled their eyes at that list.
His son thinks Caylee was murdered FYI.

Does anyone think Dr. Spitz made any good points today?

I kind of liked his speaking. He seemed very knowledgeable in his field. Not sure what his agenda is but he seemed pissed at times when JA questioned his knowledge/experience. I think he is an expert in his field and found it a somewhat fascinating to listen to him in general :truce:

For anyone who missed the Dateline show Friday night on the Anthony trial can watch it here...

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/#43445950"]Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health[/ame]

I have been looking for the complete text messages between Casey and Tony, read them before, can't find them now.
I remember in one text Tony called Casey Bella Mia, from what I can find it means beautiful one..
I think that is why Casey got the tattoo for Bella Vita...beautiful one, beautiful life.

That is what I remember also.

I don't, for one second, believe that Casey 'accidentally' killed Caylee by chloroforming her, putting duct tape on her and sticking her in the trunk of the car(!) to keep her quiet, and then expected to get up the next morning to find a live child. That's absolutely ludicrous, in my opinion. There is no excuse for those behaviors...even just to stick your child in the trunk without all the other forms of keeping her down (chloroform/duct tape) is outrageous on its own. IMO. She knew exactly what she was doing and for one month after her daughter was dead, she was whooping it up and partying away. That is NOT the behavior of someone who 'accidentally' killed their child. That is the behavior of someone who accomplished what they set out to do (purposely killing their child).

I think something Dr. Spitz said needs to be listened to very closely by the jury: This is like a puzzle, all the pieces come together. On their own, they may not amount to much, but when you put them together- BINGO! The STATE is putting the pieces of the puzzle together nicely. JB, on the other hand, mixed 10 different puzzles together and is trying to fit a square into a circle.

I am only able to jump on this forum every so often, thanks to life getting in the way (and that is a good thing).
But when I come on here I feel like I am in a board room with some of the brightest people ever and I feel that this is a place that allows us to challenge ourselves and each other, with integrity and respect. I thank all of you for all your thoughts, ideas, photos, links etc. and open arms and minds as well as for keeping my intellectual juices flowing.

That said, I have a question...if JB were to get disbarred would that in and of itself allow ICA to appeal on ineffective counsel?

Does anyone have a link to the trial transcripts? If so, could you pm me, please? Thanks.

I am only able to jump on this forum every so often, thanks to life getting in the way (and that is a good thing).
But when I come on here I feel like I am in a board room with some of the brightest people ever and I feel that this is a place that allows us to challenge ourselves and each other, with integrity and respect. I thank all of you for all your thoughts, ideas, photos, links etc. and open arms and minds as well as for keeping my intellectual juices flowing.

That said, I have a question...if JB were to get disbarred would that in and of itself allow ICA to appeal on ineffective counsel?

You should ask this question on the Lawyers Q&A thread

I don't, for one second, believe that Casey 'accidentally' killed Caylee by chloroforming her, putting duct tape on her and sticking her in the trunk of the car(!) to keep her quiet, and then expected to get up the next morning to find a live child. That's absolutely ludicrous, in my opinion. There is no excuse for those behaviors...even just to stick your child in the trunk without all the other forms of keeping her down (chloroform/duct tape) is outrageous on its own. IMO. She knew exactly what she was doing and for one month after her daughter was dead, she was whooping it up and partying away. That is NOT the behavior of someone who 'accidentally' killed their child. That is the behavior of someone who accomplished what they set out to do (purposely killing their child).

I think something Dr. Spitz said needs to be listened to very closely by the jury: This is like a puzzle, all the pieces come together. On their own, they may not amount to much, but when you put them together- BINGO! The STATE is putting the pieces of the puzzle together nicely. JB, on the other hand, mixed 10 different puzzles together and is trying to fit a square into a circle.

:rocker:

Correction to my post #685 regarding GA in court on 6/17 and the color of the shirt he was wearing. I posted that he shows up in the video at about 30:11 into the clip, but it's actually more like 39 min. into the video clip. oops! Sorry about that. I said I didn't post often, and perhaps that's a good thing.

I had to work yesterday so missed watching the trial in real time. :( I spent the better part of the evening and wee hours of this morning watching the re-runs while reading all your comments in the trial thread. Not as good as being able to participate while it's happening, but entertaining none the less. Thanks to everyone for the outstanding coverage and comments.

I was trying to watch the portion where Dr. Spitz was talking about brain decomposition, etc. The video kept freezing and I had to reload it several times. Of course, when I reloaded I had to endure a commercial and every time it was for a pre-school (Legacy, I believe) and it says, "Supporting brain connections. That's the role of early care professionals...." Maybe it's because I was tired and a bit slap happy, but I thought that was kinda funny. And also sadly ironic that because Caylee wasn't cared for by her mother, that this testimony has to occur at all.

When this doctor said he worked on the JFK conspiracy case I believe he said it all. JB is trying to create doubt by trying to make CA's death appear as a conspiracy. Dr. S's job was to create doubt. I am not sure how the jury took it though. Did he create doubt or did he create hilarity. There are some people who still think the death of JFK was a conspiracy just as some think 9/11 was a conspiracy. I guess there will always be some doubt if there are people like DS walking around creating it. jmo

JP's description was that he would accept that one witness would forget to put things in a report but two? That he didn't believe. Also, all attys go over testimony with their witnesses and he should have known immediately from formulation of his questions that the witness's testimony was not in the report and had him create an addendum. JP said that he believed that JB was trying to play games and this is a serious matter for his client.

Jumping off your post, as an aside...
IMO (and I am not noting this as an excuse for JB/DT), at one point in the trial, iirc, no jury present, JB indicated something along the lines of, "I didn't know the SA was going to use duct tape as a possible means of homicide". To me this meant the DT was concentrating efforts on their version of events, did not prepare well for trial, skimmed over important facts, depos & potential testimony. :floorlaugh:

Ultimately, DT realized(?) depos did not contain the totality of opinions by their experts. And, the proper protocol was not followed to add the opinion to the expert's depo w/notification to SA. JJHP clearly stated there is a means by which this is possible. :banghead:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-69101-p-2.html
The Tattoo [Archive] - Page 2
ExpectingUnicorns
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I remember in the cell phone transcripts that TL called KC "Bella" in one conversation.

You have a great memory! On the last page, a few lines from the end, Tony calls Casey "bella mia." When I read this I thought that it was the influence for her Italian tattoo.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4770482/IM-History-with-L7Tone

I don't, for one second, believe that Casey 'accidentally' killed Caylee by chloroforming her, putting duct tape on her and sticking her in the trunk of the car(!) to keep her quiet, and then expected to get up the next morning to find a live child. That's absolutely ludicrous, in my opinion.

Duct tape is meant to stick and stay stuck! It is very difficult to remove from skin without noticeably damaging the skin (not to mention causing pain!). You wouldn't use duct tape on a child's face and be able to remove it later without anyone noticing the marks. So there is no way this was done accidentally.

Tink

I don't, for one second, believe that Casey 'accidentally' killed Caylee by chloroforming her, putting duct tape on her and sticking her in the trunk of the car(!) to keep her quiet, and then expected to get up the next morning to find a live child. That's absolutely ludicrous, in my opinion.

Duct tape is meant to stick and stay stuck! It is very difficult to remove from skin without noticeably damaging the skin (not to mention causing pain!). You wouldn't use duct tape on a child's face and be able to remove it later without anyone noticing the marks. So there is no way this was done accidentally.

Tink

I agree! and LDBurdick said in opening statements that when the duct tape was put on Caylee's face (and in her HAIR), it was NEVER meant to be removed - EVER. Because Caylee would have been dead.
No way the Inmate ever intended to rip that duct tape off of Caylee's sensitive skin and out of her hair and leave red marks on her skin for Cindy to see and for Caylee to tell CeeCee and JoJo about.
There was no accidental overdose of chloroform, and no temporary placement of duct tape on Caylee's face.
The duct tape had to be cut out of Caylee's hair by the medical examiner, to remove the duct tape.

I swear I have no idea what trial the media is watching. They all have headlines that reflect how well the defense is doing. Not sure why they are doing this. The only thing I can think of is then when she is pronounced guilty, it will be a bombshell!!!! IIRC the news media was mostly against OJ and he was pronounced NOT GUILTY by the jury. Are they being overly cautious???

I spent an hour or two last night searching the various "big news" sites on the net to see what they had to say about Dr. Spitz's jaw dropping performance on the stand yesterday and his fall from grace during Ashton's cross.

And what do I find? Some pablum type reporting on CNN, Fox, etc about how Spitz told the court that Dr. G's autopsy was "shoddy". Period. Nothing at all about the cross and the dismantling of Dr. Spitz professional reputation. Nothing at all.

Then because I was so annoyed, I forced myself to watch HLN last night to see if the reporting got any more factual. Actually it was worse.

Then as I got ready to shoot off some angry emails to CNN and Fox, I had a look at who wrote those articles. Associated Press - wth does that mean? And at the bottom of each article, the name of three authors - from In Sessions. I'm shocked! Does HLN have some kind of financial arrangement with Baez for post trial exclusives? I can think of no other reason for such disgraceful and deliberately leading false news reporting.

PS: The rubbish Dateline is putting out isn't worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz