2011.06.18 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. These murders and attacks can happen and dissipate quickly. This sort of rapid cycle behavior is the stuff of mysteries.

When I worked with gang kids, they could help me sweep the classroom floor, then go out 15 minutes later and attack somebody with a tire iron, and then be partying with the girls in a hour. It was simply astounding.

Aren't psychopaths interesting?

Wonder if JB or CM will be up first on Monday am? Guess that guy is getting deposed right now.

Wasn't the State supposed to depose the 'grief gal' this afternoon?

I actually really liked Dr. Spitz today. He reminded me of a very experienced "old school no fool around guy".

By the way, I'm new here! Hello everyone!

Hi :seeya:

No, if he made any good points they were lost when he turned into a conspiracy theorist who didn't mind lying and forgetting unless he was speaking to the defense.

Sadly an unabashed expert who will lie for $$$$$, fortunately JA bought out the scoundrel in him for everyone to see and he ended up looking....well....bought and paid for.

Is it true that Dr. G did not open the skull and examine it? Also, did Dr. Spitz say that duct tape would not stay on the face if it was placed on it prior to death and decomposition?

Thanks, I suspect that that's what she was texting about in that hidden folder..and maybe that was the day she died, anyway it didn't fool me. She wouldn't have even thought about it if someone hadn't pointed it out to her. She may have been trying to mess with everyone but really she was playing catch up.She would have never thought of doing it to honor Caylee on her own, it's all about Casey now..

Who would she be texting?

You are right, and I believe this also. I just can't make 3 pieces fit...I would think 1 would have been enough to keep quiet. I guess I'm having trouble with "is it an accident gone horribly wrong or a deliberate homicide". However, if it was an accident she could (and SHOULD have reported it. OTOH, if she saw this as a freedom of some sort, then it's murder. I just don't know, :banghead: :banghead:

:waitasec: I'll never understand why it's soooo difficult to believe a mother would ruthlessly and premeditatedly murder her own daughter.

Let's simply change the people involved What if the exact same circumstances occurred with a man and his dead wife? Would you think it was some sort of accident? Heck no! Guess what...this was NO accident! imo

Casey is a classic murdering psychopath. Nothing special about her.... She continually violated the rights of others by lying and stealing. She has no attachments to anyone. She uses people to meet her own needs, she uses them and when they're all used up...she discards them. Like her parents and brother. She has no remorse, she's only sorry she's in jail. She's not like normal people...she has no conscious, empathy, fear or respect for social norms. She's not even a "real" person...she's empty inside...anything & EVERYTHING you see is a facade.

She's not even a "good" psychopath, usually they are quite skilled at MIMICKING appropriate feelings. She certainly isn't even a "good" liar, she stinks at it. She's not particularly bright either.

She could look at photos of her dead daughter's remains everyday and feel nothing. She'll do well in prison...psychopaths always do.

I also realize when Dr. Spitz is defining manipulation he means someone picked up the skull and hair and carried it to the coroners office for the picture there. Makes sense to me but not for the nefarious reason the defense wants us to believe.

Also if you notice Dr Spitz's body language he does look down when he's fudging and his ears perked up when JA told him the length of the tape and how many pieces total but you can tell he still thinks there are only 3 pieces and one of those 3 pieces were found away from the body

.IMO- He did not get all the information from the defense to truly cover his butt in his testimony. I suspect from years of doing this he can adapt quickly but didn't he comment to JA on his way out??? It looked like a positive interaction. I could be wrong. It's at the end of the video below.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28281265/index.html

BBM:

I don't think that's what he meant.

Dr. Spitz was referring to staging the hair and skull, and meant to imply someone had tampered with it, hence his reference to people going to jail for a long time, and police throwing bloody shirts in trashcans.

Is it true that Dr. G did not open the skull and examine it? Also, did Dr. Spitz say that duct tape would not stay on the face if it was placed on it prior to death and decomposition?

Dr. G examined the skull, she just didn't saw it in half. Don't know exactly what he said about the tape sticking though.

He is an old man who is rather behind the times, it is not required to open the skull although the learned Dr would have us believe this is the only way, techniques today are much less invasive..although he said he couldn't remember sawing a hole in Caylee's skull it may have been because he actually broke a hole in the skull...oops He couldn't remember that either.

He tried to say a lot of things to help his DT paymasters but like other times in the high profile trials he has been paid to give expert testimony, he made the DT look much worse. He was not believable I suggest you take a look at this mornings testimony it was a little sad too.

Confused about something... The clothes found with caylee were said to be too big- a size 6 but haven't we seen pictures of these exact clothes and they seemingly fitted her perfectly?

I thought Casey was the only one who wore purple on the 17th. I'm pretty sure George and the others were wearing purple on the 16th. That's why we all said Casey was a day late and a dollar short and then we began wondering if she died the 17th and only Casey knew. Now everyone is saying Cindy and George wore purple on the 17th and I don't think that's correct.

Confused about something... The clothes found with caylee were said to be too big- a size 6 but haven't we seen pictures of these exact clothes and they seemingly fitted her perfectly?

I believe the shorts were a 3T and the shirt was 24 months or 2T.

I am so glad she is there. That gives me hope. That jurors are noticing and pointing out to each other when ICA laughs at inappropriate times. ( Of course some would say that any laughter is beyond the pale.)And Jurors reacted to Dr.Spitz. From the link :
hen Spitz accused someone of staging the skull two jurors actually shook their heads “NO”. It was so discreet I don’t think they realized they were physically reacting to their thoughts. As Spitz’s testimony went on he went from an amazing educated and experienced man to a crazy conspiracy theorist. Another two jurors (different from the ones who shook their heads) were smirking when Spitz said he thought someone took the skull and placed duct tape directly on the skull after it had decomposed

Me too. She gives great perspective, that a mainstream reporter can't do.

I'm bumping this up because I'm so excited...seriously did everyone else know this...?

Yep. You can move it to whatever time you want to watch. If someone says testimony starts at 14:36 you can move to there and see it.

Cool, huh?

You got em backwards. The shirt was a 3T and the shorts were 23 mos.

Really? Someone said that Nancy Grace was saying the clothes were too big!? I thought i'd seen on here on the trial thread that they were supposedly too small but thought I was going mad!

Really? Someone said that Nancy Grace was saying the clothes were too big!? I thought i'd seen on here on the trial thread that they were supposedly too small but thought I was going mad!
JB questioned CA on the stand about the shorts. They were 24 mos and from CA"s recollection Caylee had outgrown them. The shirt - CA testified that she had never seen that shirt before at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler