2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HJBP looks like he is having a rough Saturday morning.

I think he is suspecting this trial will not be over in the time frame he gave the jurors, and he did make some promises to some of them.

Why hasn't the SA brought up the conditions in which Caylee's body had undergone? Hurricane, heat, etc. Maybe I missed it? I hope JA brings that up at cross. OR are they not allowed to talk about the conditions?

Supposedly HHJP has stated no more than 2 experts per field...but wonder what the limit is when all your experts are multidimensional?:waitasec:

Seriously all JA has to reiterate when he cross examines this guy is "So, all your testimony and opinions on this case are based on pictures, right? "You did not actually perform any tests, correct?" etc. If I were a juror, as smart and experienced as this guy is, I wouldn't take his opinion too seriously if it was just based on picture viewing.

Ohhhhhhhhh OK this person did not give this opinion about duct tape in his report. The rules are being broken yet again.

Why hasn't the SA brought up the conditions in which Caylee's body had undergone? Hurricane, heat, etc. Maybe I missed it? I hope JA brings that up at cross. OR are they not allowed to talk about the conditions?

I am hoping it will be in rebuttal.

Looks like JP is as sick of sidebars as we are...

Attachments

• frushtration.jpg
    frushtration.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47
Ultimately, this witness will be good for the STATE: there is a dead spot in her backyard, there is a decomp stain in her car, and the wooded site was under water for months. jmo

eta: Sorry, I made an error there, it should read state, rather than defense. :doh:

Jean C. on HLN is repeating outfits...time to send her home for a break.
(I only noticed because I remember how much I liked this top when she had it on a few days ago)

SIDEBAR #2 over (9:06-9:07)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DR. RODRIGUEZ BY JB - continued

To determine the initial site, they would look for evidence of decomp fluid leakage. They would also see insect evidence.

He's looked at numerous cases where the body has been bound with duct tape.

SIDEBAR #3 (9:11-9:17)

I do not get why soil is mentioned? It's not the same soil as that day? They testify as it is the same, and it sounds like they did tests on it, etc. This is nonsense. The jury knows this. I hope.

Unpaid = pro bono? Or does it just mean his check is in the mail, too?

He's probably pro bono, cuz JB used up all KC's $$$ from Caylee pix (or kept all of it), and the DT knows the JAC will not pay for another entomologist for them/

This depersonalization really burns me! And if you take the offensive term literally, it's not even a proper descriptor. I would have made up the word "post-infant" as being closer to what sweet Caylee was rather than "sub-adult."

Sub-adult, indeed. I don't think the jurors will care for this expert's attitude, either.

What about calling her a child?
What an odd thing to say, sub anything makes it sound inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3