2011.06.18 TRIAL Day Twenty-two (Morning Session Only)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch that HHJP referred to the "other matter" that was handled before court this morning? He said it dealt with the rule of sequestration. Wonder who and when?

I wonder this too! I hope this has nothing to do with the jury.

Spitz was on tv the other day with an interview with someone (I can't remember who, or even what day) I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Are expert witnesses under the rule of sequestration if they have been ordered to be in court?

I'm confused. I thought the video was to show the tape "could have" covered the nose and mouth, not that it actually was positioned that way. This is the issue this doctor is supposed to rebut.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Baez has to call a different witness and let the state dispose the defense expert.. Baez looks embarrassed and unhappy. Casey looks nervous
1 minute ago

So Baez and rodriquez met a couple nights ago...wonder if it was the same dinner meeting with the FBI lady?

From WESH:

For those of you just joining us, the state is claiming that the defense's witness is giving his opinion about key evidence -- this is an issue because his opinions were not published for the court. The judge said he does not believe this was an oversight, but rather "gameplay" by the defense. Baez was admonished in court. The jury was not present. Of course, we'll be posting this in full as soon as we can.

by Matt Lupoli/Staff at 8:51 AM

I really think it's him who the sequestration violation is about. His TV interviews have been outrageous. I've been working my fingers to the bone transcribing them lol.

Thank you for transcribing them, have you posted them yet?

TIA! :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Wasn't JB basically blaming his own witness at one point? I doubt that went over well with the witness.

Will someone tell me what the "slip up" was?

Dr Bill was going to talk about the duct and all his theories on it which he disclosed to Baez but DID not put in his report due to some garbled gobbly gook that I didn't understand.

JB's witness trying to testify to his opinion not in his report!! And JB knew this opinion and did not disclose to state. In a nutshell...

Thank you so much adb. It's just now 3:50 AM here. I missed the opening because I hit snooze a couple of times. I really appreciate it.

Do you really think JB will play now fair with the contempt being held over his head.?

Awww My favorite part, is that earlier in the week JB asked the judge what the earliest time was that they could STOP working on saturday, and the judge said 1 pm. Clearly JB will be working PAST 1 pm today!!!!!!!!!

AND I WILL BE IN BANFF IN THE HOT SPRINGS! LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF!

MOO is that if a lawyer cannot act like he respects a judge, he should be disbarred. NO attorney should argue with the judge after he makes a ruling. It's the judge's court! If JB cannot handle court etiquette, he should NOT be allowed in court. Ever. JMO

Duct tape is a vital part to this case. The state says it's the murder weapon! #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:51 AM

How many times did we sit thru the hearings and HHJP kept after JB to make sure he had his depos and notices done? He gave JB extra time again and again to ensure that ICA had a fair trial.

There's no mistrial here - none. The jury was not in the room. There are other lawyers sitting at that table. She does have counsel. Just as an aside, I think JB drives CM nutsy with all this and he himself knows there's no mistrial factors here because he and DS are there.

Don't let gets sticky about whatever the sequestration deal was yet if it involved a juror - there are alternates on this jury.

I sincerely think that JB will have to look for other work after this trial is over.

For those of you just joining us, the state is claiming that the defense's witness is giving his opinion about key evidence -- this is an issue because his opinions were not published for the court. The judge said he does not believe this was an oversight, but rather "gameplay" by the defense. Baez was admonished in court. The jury was not present. Of course, we'll be posting this in full as soon as we can.
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

from wesh liveblog

(((and I oversleep on today of all days???!!!! oh my!!!)) what was this witness going to testify to?

Before I forget: JB told the Judge on Wednesday or Thursday that he would definitely not go passed 1:00 PM on Saturday. Sounded like JB had another committment. OH WELL, not now JB wil be doing a deposition or two. Maybe he is more teed off about that then the possibility of a contempt hearing.

Wow ~ Talk about "ShowTime" - it's getting hot in Florida for so early in the morning!!

Bill S. said Baez was acting like a sulking school boy after HHJP's reprimand. Dayum! That's what I get for oversleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste