2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this being said by someone else, if so sorry. I think this morning JP went back to dismiss the jury for the day and as before he took the court reporter. I think JP probably asked the lawyers if they wanted him to bring them out and do it in open court, but they declined so he did it himself. I would think he would want to let them know why they weren't having court for the day.

I don't think the judge did give a reason to the jury, did he? I don't believe he can disparage either side to the jury, maybe just say that no witnesses were available, as he did one day for the state, if I recall correctly.

No there isn't. She just came into play a week or so ago.

Dr Bock has been in the picture for a year or more.

She's a US based person - I think the Eikenbooms are from the Netherlands

Dr Bock is from Colorado.

Do we know if there is a deposition filed on Dr. Bach?

Dr. Jane Bock - Colorado - Expert - Botany -
added to List June 30, 2010 -
not on Aug 30, 2010 Defense Witness List -
put back on List Nov 30, 2010

Dr. Jane Bock - Colorado - EXPERT Botanist - State depo Dec 21, 2010

Dr. Jane Bock - State deposition set for Feb 12, 2011

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SJuT6ZnZa_DMbH7rK5QXMFWMCG9xV7KVoIjLLRZfg_E/edit?hl=en_US

You have to,or be upset every time you watch this stuff.
On Sat night I happened across the J Pirro show.She had a blonde lady answering questions (?what her title was ) when they started talking about who could be Caylee's father. She started off by saying that ICA had lied to JGrund for 2 years, that he was the father and then DNA tests showed him otherwise.
Two years? I think WS membership should be a pre-requisite for all these TH folks, they have no clue, but get paid to make factual errors.

I'm betting that blonde was Jennifer Barringer. She's a consultant for the Defense so that tells everyone where she gets her info.

As far as Rodriguez claiming to be co founder of body farm., this is what I found:

"Bill Rodriguez, one of Bass' graduate students, wrote his doctoral thesis on information gathered from this facility...."

Hardly sounds like he CO FOUNDED the body farm

JMO

source: wikipedia

LOL! Just watched the beginning of his 'interrupted testimony' from Sat. and Rodriguez stated that he 'built the fences at the Body Farm.' Not exactly what Dr. Vass does there. I wish the state would call Dr. Bass (is he still living?) during their rebuttal phase and let him tell all about his 'co-founder-Rodriguez.' :floorlaugh:

Can anyone quickly tell me if any part of what took place this morning was the State's doing? TIA

ALL defense lawyers do anything they can in order to get their client off. Most of them don't even want to know whether their client is guilty or not, but this is not that much different than any other trial, except that Baez is clearly not equipped to handle such a high-profile case and he should have bowed out a long time ago. However, I would imagine there have been just as many inexperienced and totally clueless lawyers taking on murder cases before, he certainly is not the only one, nor will he be the last.
As for the taking notes, I have no idea, but one reason could be so that they can compare the inconsistencies between the facts as the state has laid them out with Baez's witness statements and testimony, once they get into deliberation.
I do have a question, though, and no offense intended at all. If most of us here are dead set on Casey being convicted, why are we complaining about Baez? It takes a GOOD lawyer to get a person acquitted, and clearly, he is not that. So why not just sit back and enjoy the sideshow because he is putting nails in her coffin every time he steps up to speak.

I'll tell you why I can't just sit back and enjoy this sideshow.....It's because I've been watching this mess for three years when it's something that never should have evolved into this resource devouring monster. I'm tired of the dishonesty, stalling and arrogance and I just want justice for Caylee. When it's JB's turn to be sanctioned I will have more patience.

TXLady 2 - JB appears to have made many mistakes and if/when ICA is convicted she will state among other issues that she had an incompetent defense as an appeal for a new trial. With all his blunders (JB's) and his lack of use of his co-council he seems to be making this appeal likely (IMO) for ICA's appeal if/when convicted.

Maybe the judge is giving JB so much leeway so this is a non-issue. But then it appears that the talking heads think the Judge is pro-prosecution so at this point who knows.

But as a FL Taxpayer sure would like to see the state of FL pay only once for this trial. It is over $350,000 just to keep the jurors. Plus ICA is indigent can you imagine round 2 the costs?

A guy who was convicted of kidnapping, who is still on parole, should simply "go to court" in a potential kidnapping case, without a lawyer?

That would be insane.

He had a defense investigator show up on his doorstep in a potential kidnapping case.

Translation: The defense wouldn't be here if they weren't going to try and pin this kidnapping on me.

He didn't call a lawyer, he called the cops on the defense investigator.

He called a lawyer because he didn't know how to get rid of the defense.

The media has been showing his picture and name... saying that he is associated with the Anthony family. Speculating about if he may have been hired to kidnap Caylee, hired to dispose of the body, consulted for advice.. etc.

I am guessing he didn't want to have to take time off work whenever the defense felt like it, in order to appear in court. Or, several days... if he went in and then wasn't called, or court got delayed.

Given the other things the defense has done... this certainly appears to be a knowingly sleazy move. All they had to do was find out when he got his phone number or look up who had the number in 2008. They didn't do that. Now that they know, we haven't heard anyone say they decided not to use him.

I would be concerned too if I was him. This defense team has no qualms about taking down the defendants entire family... why would ruining the life of a convicted felon bother them?
ITA
He absolutely HAD TO hire an attorney. That DT bus was aiming right for him and he needed some legal protection. He had every right and every valid reason to seek counsel because he is an innocent man about to be scapegoated by Casey and her team. If he had not done that, and had unwittingly spoken to the PI, he could have been swept up even further into this fiasco. imoo

BBM. Here is the definition of Rule of Sequestration:

"The rule of sequestration is an order by the court where witnessess who will be testifying in a trial regarding his/her own knowledge of the facts in the case shall stay outside of the courtroom and shall not speak with eachother so that their testimony cannot be influenced by the testimony of prior witnesses. "

What's the point when they can just see the prior testimony on TV or the internet?

I hear you and respect - What I think we've all developed from three years of the JBs schtick is a healthy sense of paranoia (and let's face it, we're blowing off some steam.)

What concerns me is not that he's not mounting a vigorous defense, but rather that he is trying to subvert the rules of law in order to gain a mistrial, and/or have statutorily invalid evidence entered into the record. He's kind of got a little hostage situation going on here.

I agree!!! I think he is trying to get a mistrial. He knows he has overloaded his mouth by admitting that Caylee was dead on the 16th!!! Bad defense from the get-go.

"
Meanwhile, Perry also signed an order barring the release of seated jurors' names today.

"Jurors, simply because they are performing or have performed their civic duty, do not lose their inherent right to privacy," Perry wrote in the order. It is not clear what prompted his decision.

His order says court officials in Orange and Pinellas, Orange County deputies and all attorneys associated with the case "shall not release any information concerning any seated juror UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT."

http://mobile.mcall.com/p.p?m=b&a=r...DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=sectionId%3A6090&DPS=0&DPL=3

:waitasec:

There are several things that can happen with jurors, but does anyone think there might be something "hinky" going on ?

I dearly love Shepard Smith but I had to quit him...keep hoping I will one day turn to another channel and find him elsewhere.

They should at least have full disclosure before they turn on the mics and make him say to the camera that they or their spouse are/were on the Defense team so people not following the case/trial can put their words through a salt filter.

bbm

ITA.

When I heard that Caylee slept in the same bed with KC & RM, I went WTH??!! Not okay not okay not okay!

If nothing else, it illustrates (to me, at least) that KC was oblivious concerning her daughter's well-being, and it illustrates KC's immaturity and inability to make appropriate choices when faced with priorities.

A man one has known for only a few short weeks is still a stranger, IMO. A child DOES NOT belong in the same bed with one's sex partner fling. I don't care which side of the bed the child is sleeping on. Not okay!

Well, her future sister-in-law thinks she's just an "amazing" mother and of course everybody else says how wonderful she was too. Wonder what their standards are for having that opinion.

Lawyers in court at 8 30 AM tomorrow morning for court at 9AM - be sure to watch JB with the Judge this am.

I'm going to have to reset my two alarms on my phone for this. I have a "wake up & make coffee" alarm and a 30-minute warning before court begins. I'm probably more upset about this schedule than JB is.

bbm

ITA.

When I heard that Caylee slept in the same bed with KC & RM, I went WTH??!! Not okay not okay not okay!

If nothing else, it illustrates (to me, at least) that KC was oblivious concerning her daughter's well-being, and it illustrates KC's immaturity and inability to make appropriate choices when faced with priorities.

A man one has known for only a few short weeks is still a stranger, IMO. A child DOES NOT belong in the same bed with one's sex partner fling. I don't care which side of the bed the child is sleeping on. Not okay!

I agree with you, but at least she had CA with her. We have all speculated that she did something to CA because TL didn't want the child at his house overnight. Perhaps if this had not been the case CA would have been with them and not locked up in a trunk choloformed. I am not saying either is right, but it could be a possibility. jmo

eggs-benedict.jpg

http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/807932/tasty-twists-on-eggs-benedict-recipes
^^^^^^
You are awesome!!

I wish HHJP would run for president! :D

I have been watching HLN this afternoon replay Dr. Spitz's whole testimony and I just couldnt finish watching it...I watched it live while happening and felt bad to see a once highly renouwned Forensic Pathology icon simply fall to pieces when he was asked a few questions..i.e. What facts did you rely on to come to your conclusions?? Yikes..He fell apart and became indignant..:bricks:

Anyway I just cant watch it again...and I agree with many who have said..that KC and her "Knight in Shining Armour" to protect her rights have methodically brought down alot of people..both laypersons and professionals.
I has a real bad taste in my mouth right now:banghead::banghead: I truly hope this trials gets completed..at this rate and after this mornings happenings..I am not so sure:maddening:

Judge Perry needs alot of prayers and support..if for no other reason than to follow the law and make sure things get done properly regardless of the "Tactics" being pulled:praying: Caylee needs to get her justice realized sooner rather than later :frown::frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member