2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good read like this one is FaeFrost #1440 on this thread. :)

Thanks for the good comment but please don't compare the rubbish I post with Faefrost!!! :bow:

I'm just filler until Faefrost hits the boards and tells it like it is.... :skip:

Anyone else besides me think that Dr. Spitz was the funniest witness to be called? I can't get over some of his responses.

Ok, I am giving myself a personal time out. It breaks my heart to think that I might have hurt some one's feelings today. You guys are my second family and my Rock of Gibraltar and I love you all dearly. Although I don't THINK I did. No one complained any ways. ;) ynot can I put in an order for a good ole country breakfast in the am? I will bring the home made sausage gravy. :blowkiss:

yum-1.jpg

OK ... so I have no idea what you're talking about but that breakfast suuure looks good ... so I'm thinkin maybe my feelings were hurt ? ... not really, but can I still join in?
I'll bring the Bloody Mary's ... if today is any indication .. we'll need them !
:blowkiss:

Thanks for the good comment but please don't compare the rubbish I post with Faefrost!!! :bow:

I'm just filler until Faefrost hits the boards and tells it like it is.... :skip:

Pfffft! She is good and so are you. For me anyway...I always enjoy your posts. This board is full of posters who are intelligent and can explain away. There is room for all of you! Move over and sit with the others. :)

Thank you everyone for responding to my post about the State's actions / behaviors today wrt HHJBP's scolding in open court.

It was my thoughts also, that this "scolding" was directed to the DT. I was (and still am a little) confused as to these statements from the judge:

1. "Yes, there has been gamesmanship in this case and it's quite evident that there is a friction between the attorneys. That is something that I guess the Florida Bar will deal with,"

2. "If y'all don't want to act professional then I'll work y'all real full days".

3. Was the judge implying that JA should have went forward with the depo of Eick....? when he showed up at his office although all he had was a 1/2 page report absent any opinions? If so, I don't understand that...

Thanks again for your replies...I think I'm caught up now!

I don't think so because when he first started reprimanding them, he pointed out that the rules were set in place so that they wouldn't have to waste time on witnesses who basically provided no information or who gave reports full of nothing. I remember him saying that and knowing that was a dig at JB trying to waste Ashton's time with a nonsense report. I think he lumps DT and SA together to avoid any misconception of bias. He is verrrry careful with JB because he knows exactly what JB is trying to pull. As long as he doesn't come off as always directing his comments at only DT, then JB can't claim that the judge is unfair or anything. They, and everyone in the court, knows exactly who JP is talking to.

"The pool creates the possibility of drowning"--Spitz. Me...the woods create the possibility of lightning. The street creates the possibility of being run over or falling on the curb. I can not understand how an expert can say the sentence he did as part of a legal proceeding.

He was funny in a laughing at him not with him sort of way.

I can't remember all of his comments but some of them stand out. One of them was something like: "All cases are high profile....that's why I always examine the head!" Then he goes on to say he didn't know he broke the skull. He was dead funny. I hope they bring some more like him in.

I can't remember all of his comments but some of them stand out. One of them was something like: "All cases are high profile....that's why I always examine the head!" Then he goes on to say he didn't know he broke the skull. He was dead funny. I hope they bring some more like him in.

Oh and that the duct tape wouldn't stick to the skull because it's the same as skin...Cuz you know skulls have natural oils and slough of cells and all

I don't understand why JA didn't just accept the 1/2 page report from the expert, then object when JB started to question him e.g. "Objection Your Honor, witness's opinion is not in submitted report" (or whatever is the appropriate legal objection.

Why did he make more work for himself?

Anyone else besides me think that Dr. Spitz was the funniest witness to be called? I can't get over some of his responses.

yep, hands down ... apparently so did some of the jurors and people in the gallery .... now that's a day I would have love to attended ! :giggle:

ummm ... brain dust ... ashes to ashes, dust to dust like the bible says ... LOL
It's pretty hard to keep a straight face ....

I don't understand why JA didn't just accept the 1/2 page report from the expert, then object when JB started to question him e.g. "Objection Your Honor, witness's opinion is not in submitted report" (or whatever is the appropriate legal objection.

Why did he make more work for himself?

He did accept the report, but he also informed the witness that it was insufficient and did not meet the requirements of HHJP's court order. The witness presented him with a 2 page report and Power Point presentation THIS MORNING. If this witness was to testify today, when was JA supposed to review his statement for cross examination? The work has to be done whether he brought it the judge's attention prior to the start of court (as he did) or if he had waited until Baez called this witness.

yep, hands down ... apparently so did some of the jurors and people in the gallery .... now that's a day I would have love to attended ! :giggle:

Were they laughing? I would have been thrown out for laughing too loud.

Baez at it again

"On Monday, prosecutors also got a list of video that Casey's defense team intends to introduce as evidence. It includes photos that Cindy Anthony reportedly sold to 48 Hours, plus video of Casey and Caylee in the family living room and of their bedrooms."

http://www.wftv.com/news/28291971/detail.html

Except HHJP said he would inform the bar of their behavior and pretty much glossed over JB's infractions. All JA did was inform the judge that JB violated a court order...again and ask for sanctions. And now it appears HHJP gave has allowed the court to recess so JB can get his carp together. So yeah, I see this as completely one sided and biased. It pissed me off this AM and I'm still PO'd.

IMO HHJP was not pleased with both sides for NOT bringing up the issues @ 8:30 AM, as previously requested. Once again, the jury was affected in 'time lost', which did not please HHJP. IMO :twocents:

Thank you everyone for responding to my post about the State's actions / behaviors today wrt HHJBP's scolding in open court.

It was my thoughts also, that this "scolding" was directed to the DT. I was (and still am a little) confused as to these statements from the judge:

1. "Yes, there has been gamesmanship in this case and it's quite evident that there is a friction between the attorneys. That is something that I guess the Florida Bar will deal with,"

He has discussed 'games' when he has called Baez out for missing deadlines and for trying to blindside/sandbag the prosecution. The only thing he has admonished JA for is raising his voice and acting exasperated, making 'extraeneous' remarks. But imo, none of JA's actions are anything reportable or actionable. I think the judge purposely calls Ashton out so he will appear unbiased on the record.

2. "If y'all don't want to act professional then I'll work y'all real full days".

The only attorneys who have openly whined or complained about working weekends have been on the DT. [ Mason]

3. Was the judge implying that JA should have went forward with the depo of Eick....? when he showed up at his office although all he had was a 1/2 page report absent any opinions? If so, I don't understand that...

I don't think so. I believe he would have spelled it out right then if he thought Ashton was in the wrong. And I think he would have forced the state to allow the testimony and cross examine with no time to research, if that was how the judge felt. The remedies he chose, to delay the testimonies show that he faulted Baez and not Ashton, imo.

Baez at it again

"On Monday, prosecutors also got a list of video that Casey's defense team intends to introduce as evidence. It includes photos that Cindy Anthony reportedly sold to 48 Hours, plus video of Casey and Caylee in the family living room and of their bedrooms."

http://www.wftv.com/news/28291971/detail.html

I really find all of this sickening. So what.
This is a murder trial and what CA sold does not necessarily hurt KC. Ok, they made money, the goal is to prove KC did or did not murder her beloved daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme