2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting tidbit about the death penalty: It costs $24m to put someone to death and if Casey is given the death penalty she won't be put to death until the 23rd century.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 2:34 PM

Ok we in the 21st century now...yes? (1999 = 20th cent, 2011 = 21st cent ... Is that right?) Be another approx 90 to get to 22nd...
(counting on fingers)... huh?

Or she just being facetious?

Oh so tired of this

JB is living his fantasy right now. I suspect he has little imaginary cameras located on his forehead, feeding straight to the screen of his mind - and on that screen, he's performing so dazzlingly, it will be remembered for as long as humans tread this earth

But most of all, I believe he's dragging this out as another stalling tactic, also to confuse and numb the jury to the point they forget this witness has done nothing to further the defence's case

I'm watching on a delay so I'm a bit behind here (on lunch break part) but I couldn't believe the botanist thought that a dog or coyote could have buried one of the bones and caused it to be as deep in the ground as it was. How much fantasying does the DT expect the jury to do....

help me out here - he didn't test the tape, even tho' he offered to test the tape, jb didn't accept his offer. So what is his testimony? - that there might have been dna on the tape?

I'm bored. Glad to have the excuse of a vet appointment in order to bail.

JA needs to ask: "did you find dna on the tape" and then "are you aware it matched the fbi person that testified" and than "did you find any other dna"

DNA from a victim who was in water for 3 weeks. So what? Not skeletonized!!!!

expert shows 3 examples of beaten up evidence where DNA was still detected despite elemtns including H20
by abcashleigh via twitter at 1:55 PM

He shows PowerPoint slide to jury. It shows 3 examples RE said he found DNA on prior cases. (pantyhose, a hand, a Jean jacket)
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:54 PM

Eikelenboom describes evidence like a "piece of panty that is over 20 years old." Wow. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:54 PM

Baez asks if DNA profiles have been found when subject has been in extreme heat and water. RE has examples. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:53 PM

We should start a support thread for the Jurors when they get off this case? I can't even imagine being away from family, home, pets, etc etc all this time to have to sit and listen to Baez everyday. They deserve a month long cruise after this is all over.

Does any think the jury has got to be wondering why the DT did not test the duct tape? I'm thinking because he was afraid he might find ICA's DNA on it.
Well, I'm wondering that. Why didn't he test anything?

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
I'd swear one juror is drawing. Making big swooping lines & looks like doing some shading. Maybe they are cartooning the court each day
31 seconds ago

ohmygosh, I was thinking that same kind of thing even though we can't see the jury. What if some of their notes are doodling, or writing LOLOL over and over? I truly was thinking about this during the lunch break. :floorlaugh:

Has the trial today really gone on for about 23 hours - cause this has been one long long long day. Considering we had not testimony yesterday today has been a double dose wonder if the jury is pooped?

I would think the jury was ready to get back to court after all the sequestration. I cannot imagine them being bored! Good grief! No tv, no computer, no news...if I were a juror, I would actually look forward to court. Not being snarky, I just always think about this when reports of the jury getting bored with testimony.

Here's teh huge problem with all of this. The huge point that JB seems to completely miss (I would assume some clever strategy, but this is JB). While the E's technique CAN sometimes find a profile from harsh conditions, it is neither guaranteed nor expected to. Being able to sometimes do something does not mean that the failure to do so on a given occasion has evidentiary value.

Does any think the jury has got to be wondering why the DT did not test the duct tape? I'm thinking because he was afraid he might find ICA's DNA on it.

I don't think the DT did anything on this case because they were afraid it all pointed to ICA...

JA needs to ask: "did you find dna on the tape" and then "are you aware it matched the fbi person that testified" and than "did you find any other dna"

He didn't test the tape.

That had to be a typo. :)

I thought so too until I caught up to the news story. It is comparing rate at which we add people to death row vs rate at which they are executed.

I was just ‘playing games’ but it turns out that this is problem in the system. So even if she gets DP she will likely die a natural death first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech