2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry friends, I was just playing about the A's not having dogs and Zanny having a dog.

Bad joke and not well-worded. Yes, the A's have 2 Yorkies. Sorry for the interruption...

My thoughts nice lady, but the DT needed to find someone else to render an opinion in this case. After the depo's .I thought for sure they would not call this witness and look for someone else to refute Dr Hall.

The testimony today went better than i expected ( the depo's were hellish) but still did nothing for the DT.

Although I did laugh a few times while she was speaking I thought this witness was very easy to listen to. Someone further up posted about the song "The Gambler" I agree 100%

Born and raised in Broward County. Many many times camping in the Glades and down in the Keys - yes there are coyotes - but far and few between - the other predators take care of them in quick fashion.

Hi All,
Only my second post - but I have been reading since the trial started and you all are all very interesting. In watching the last testimony, as someone who hasn't read all the background info, it raised a slight doubt with me. In fact, the most doubt raised was why was only one bone in four inch muck? Wouldn't more than one be in the muck? With only one bone in the muck it makes more sense to me that something unusual happened to that one bone. Also we DO have coyotes in Florida - have seen one myself in Sarasota county. lol - that being said - I do believe she is guilty - but thought the last testimony was the best the DT has had.

Her bones were all over the place. He was giving that one as an example. The place was a swampy area and was actually under water for a while.

On the other hand, that one could have been buried by an animal. The roots growing into bone and into the canvas laundry bag are the facts that convince me the body had been there longer. Also, as Ashton pointed out, the skull was in an accumulation of leaves that indicate a much longer time, too.

She didn't say the SKULL was buried by a dog.....she said the one that was found so deep in the muck could have possibly been buried by a dog. I don't think it was, but she is right and it's not that far fetched as bad as I hate to admit it. But that one point.......not nearly enough, :floorlaugh:

See? This must have been at the point where I was tuning her out. :floorlaugh:

Thanks for clarifying. :)

I have to say this trial is making me sick, not only because of a dead Caylee, but because I see how many people are ready to mock people with learning and knowledge. It saddens me almost as much as Caylee's death.

People are NOT mocking their knowledge or education. People are mocking the FACT that it is clear they are evasive or bending the truth in order to ensure they help the Defense. State witnesses were a lot more forthcoming and didn't hem and haw during cross, making them appear questionable. JB often told State witnesses to answer "yes or no" and they would, while Defense witnesses don't simply answer yes or no, they have to say things like "Well it could also have happened xyz". This has nothing to do with their education. Personally I don't understand why these learned and educated people that are held in high esteem are agreeing to help the defense by omitting details or making random assumptions not based on fact. All of DT witnesses have admitted that the information they got on this cased is based solely on what they were told by Defense and basically nothing else.
For an expert witness to come to the stand and say she examined where she THINKS the recovery site is TWO MONTHS LATER and make any conclusion about it, is ridiculous. Regardless of how many years of schooling she has.

And this is ALL JUST MY OPINION.

I approach EVERY witness with an open mind, Trident. Ask anyone here and they will tell you that.

But when a witness is handing me a big old load of horse muck, I'm going to call it horse muck.

YMMV

Exactly. I'm sorry but why do people want you to avoid the obvious? If we did that, then we would all think ICA was innocent. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care what the DT's throws my way, I'm going to stay focused...It is what it is.

I'm doing a study on this topic right now, and believe me, it is far more complicated than any of us realize. You know the old saying, everyone has an ...opinion

Oh, I'm sure it is complicated. I certainly couldn't do it. In my opinion, she came across as biased and unbelievable.

Is the jury still there?

I know we have coyotes in central FL but I don't believe they're roaming around Suburban Drive. Unless it's Wiley Coyote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717