2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if JA is a chemist!! He is certainly very knowledgeable about all of these scientific and forensic issues.

Many times following different cases I've been amazed at how well attorneys understand science. Attorneys like the defense team who can't keep up are probably not the norm these days.

But even that upsets me. If it's lesser than 1st degree murder that means ICA could get out in as little as 13 years for killing Caylee. She would still be within child bearing years.

I would just feel better if she wasn't even on the jury period. I think it was the biggest mistake that HHJP has made and might allow ICA to be free one day.

Don't forget that a parole board would have to consider her attitude and behavior as part of their decision to release. I don't think she'd fare well in those categories.

:cow:

Anyone get a screenshot of the look ICA gave Linda DB....they are talking about it on WFTV blog...

I think the judge said Saturday will be a full day.

I know that.

I am betting, however, that CM leaves at 1:00 in a huff. He was already peeved at the half days - I don't think he'll do a full day.

He left at 5:00 last night even though court went until 6:00. It's like no one's going to tell HIM when to be there.

twitter
Unconfirmed reports saying florida death penalty deemed unconstitutional by federal judge #CaseyAnthony

Don't be causing a riot - it was restricted to only the Evans case and will be immediately appealed. Does NOT apply in a broad sense or to this case.

Since no one knows whether they are an alternate (or not) how do we know Juror 4 is a "regular" juror?

The JURORS don't know who is who but the public knows which are jurors and which are alternates.

Yes. Our Judge Eaton studying “@debimac413: @bobkealing is it true that a federal judge just rules the death penalty unconstitutional?

by bobkealing via twitter at 9:41 AM

JA still talking shop w/witness, trying to steer him towards decomp.

Does court end at 11 or 12:00 EST today? TY

Many of us were concerned about her before she was chosen. She IMO, should not be on the jury as she doesn't think she has the right to judge anyone, she believes that should be left up to God. I was concerned about here when she was 1319, and haven't changed my thoughts.

I believe that she will not find it hard to decide on guilt or innocence. It is the penalty phase, I believe that will be hard for this juror, and she more than likely will not be able to vote for death, however, her single vote may not matter at the time depending on how many do vote for death.

I ask myself often how it must have felt for this kind woman who does not want to judge anyone to see Caylee's skull thrown out among the trash out in those woods. I often wonder how she felt as she heard Casey saying the "F" word to her mother, as if it were nothing. I often wonder how she feels sitting there hearing that this young lady laid up in bed with her boyfriend the entire next day after her child had drown, knowing that her loving Father had to endure getting rid of the body for her, (or so the defense says).

There is no doubt in my mind that this trial has changed the way this woman feels. She will be able to decide on guilt and innocence, and I don't think it will take any persuasion. And as long as the majority rules, I don't think her vote will decide the death penalty or not. It's possible, but in this case, I do not think it will happen.

But even that upsets me. If it's lesser than 1st degree murder that means ICA could get out in as little as 13 years for killing Caylee. She would still be within child bearing years.

I would just feel better if she wasn't even on the jury period. I think it was the biggest mistake that HHJP has made and might allow ICA to be free one day.

Perfectly stated.

We assume 1st 12 are jury. 13-17 alts. Jurors not told. “@dotlojo: Ryan Smith on TV refer to juror as an alt. Do jurors know?”

by jimlichtenstein via twitter at 9:42 AM

Many times following different cases I've been amazed at how well attorneys understand science. Attorneys like the defense team who can't keep up are probably not the norm these days.

I agree. JA seems to really get the science and enjoy the problem solving, connections, etc.

JB seems to dig the machinery, but doesn't grasp the science, IMO.

Bill Schaeffer does not think Juror 4 will cause a hung jury. She might cause a lesser included but not a hung jury.

I really believe we've all been way too worried about Juror #4. Listening to her Voie Dire she reminded me so much of my neighbors momma.... a little bit older, church going, not a gossipy sort, doesn't like to judge people... yet I tell you every day I see her she asks what I think now because she's ready to see her Guilty & Punished. Her typical line is "God forgive me, that woman needs to be put to death for what she did to her baby". I don't think we'll see a hung jury, and I doubt she's thinking lesser charge. She's the one who the tweets say stare at ICA, shakes her head during disturbing testimony, etc... I think the note taking is BS as well. When the SA's were up she was reported to taking notes. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand