2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the best pizza I have ever had in my life is Falco's in Burr Ridge. they've been in business since 1964 so that speaks for itself. (imo individual owned pizzeria's beat any chains including Giordano's hands down.)

ever had berts pizza in morton grove?

mine does - pretty standard in Italian sausage around these parts (can buy it at "the Jewel")

From Chicago, born and raised. Will be back there for the fourth and I will be eating Malnati's my first night and Giordano's the second :).
P.S. I have lived in Colorado for 15 years and still call grocery bags jewel bags! You are making me homesick!!!!

Two soft tacos with chips and salsa... :D

As I said in another post, KC never developed a maternal bond with Caylee. That position was assumed by CA, subsequently making KC's relationship with Caylee more like that of siblings. Cain and Able immediately come to mind.

These jurors aren't idiots... it's elementary to see that JA is trying to have as much info withheld from the jury as he can. If I were a juror in such a situation, I would see right through this, and clearly conclude that the State doesn't want me to hear everything... hiding things from me. They won't for get that. JMOO

I do understand, and I am sure the jury understands as well. I personally have always felt that the state wanted the truth to be known. This trial has made me realize that that is not the case. The state wants to win the trial, and the truth has nothing to do with it. JMO

I don't agree, the state is seeking justice for a little girl who was murdered by her mother, the defense are the ones that have the, get her off at all costs, mentality and don't worry about who you destroy in the process.

if the expert testimony becomes too convoluted and contradictory or just long and boring the jurors will conclude based on other aspects of the case and just ignore the expert testimony. Here, you're right, numerous people testified clearly and simply that they smelled human decomp. Pretty clear, pretty easy. No expert required.

Both sides have been trying to prove "scientifically" by bringing in expert witnesses to testify to the chemical composition of the odor of human decomposition.

The bottom line is: there have been multiple witnesses (both expert & non-expert, human & non-human) that have testified to the smell in the car, and have recognized that smell as the odor of human decomposition.

1. Simon Birch (tow yard manager)
2. GA
3. CA
4. Geraldo Bloise (CSI for OCSO)
5. Gerus (human remains detection dog. Caveat: Gerus hasn't testified, but I trust his training & his nose & I saw the video of him working when he located the drowning victim he was tasked to find)
6. Deputy Jason Forgey (Gerus's trainer & handler)
7. Dr. Arpad Vass (research scientist & forensic anthropologist)

If I was a juror, I would find this list of witnesses who testified to the odor of human decomposition in the trunk of the car to be pretty solid & corroborating to the SA's allegations that little Caylee's remains were in the trunk of Casey's car.

IMO, the DT has NOT been able to undo the testimony of these witnesses.

Speaking as an unofficial *mock juror*, these witnesses' testimonies have had the strongest impact upon me personally.

Just getting here, what crazy things have JB done today? Thanks!

Not JB it's DS at bat right now. She is not doing good. Has had 24 or 29 objections substained and 8 over ruled and still hasn't finished.

So I fell asleep again during testimony of the first witness and just got up 15 minutes ago. Did I miss anything too incredibly important? I'm assuming I didn't.

Not really, but don't worry we'll be right where we left off before lunch and that is no-where with this witness.

I miss New England mom and pop pizza joints, namely Massachusetts and Connecticut. Maryland mom and pop joints doesn't know how to do real pizza crust.

ever had berts pizza in morton grove?

No. Don't know anyone in Morton Grove.

I no longer know anyone near Burr Ridge either so it's been years since I've had Falco's. I also like Dominicks in Villa Park but am currently out of their delivery area too.

RH saying JB won't present any actual evidence from opening stmt and public opinion is on fence if state proved 'premeditation'

OT - I don't normally watch trials, who is the pretty girl with auburn hair that sits/stands in front of the judge and swears people in?

I think she's a clerk.

Well, don't know about you all, but I have accomplished a few things today...prepped dinner, vacuumed downstairs, showered/dressed before lunch recess...ready to watch about an hour of the afternoon theatrics and then head to my DD to play with my grandsons for a while. I hope this afternoon is more productive than this morning...I mean in court, NOT my house!

Is it true that JB dropped out in 9th grade or is that a joke?

I do understand, and I am sure the jury understands as well. I personally have always felt that the state wanted the truth to be known. This trial has made me realize that that is not the case. The state wants to win the trial, and the truth has nothing to do with it. JMO

I think if the truth were that important the defense would have included it in their instructions to their experts. Experts that do not have all the information do poorly on the stand. It's not a matter of winning as it is a matter of SA doing their job to make sure the jury is aware of what the evidence tends to prove. SA should never have to do their job and defense's job, too. KC had the chance in opening statements to take full responsibility for her child and what did she do???? She has attempted to push the blame off to someone else. Defense is trying to stamp out fires they have created themselves.

The only one who knows the truth is KC and she is clearly not capable to telling anyone, including her attorney what that truth is. If KC will not tell the truth that leaves no one but the State of Florida to do so to the best of their ability. KC's family has made it very, very difficult and I, for one, have to give credit to SA for what they have accomplished so far. It does no good for SA not to be truthful.....look at where it is getting defense. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand