2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an "ignore" list for a reason...I have an "ignore" list for a reason...I have an "ignore" list for a reason.

I have my computer on WFTV.com and my TV on WFTV - my computer is usually broadcasting about 10 seconds slower than the TV. Today it was more like a minute slower. Has anyone noticed this or is it just my computer?:maddening:

They had some technical problems earlier where the video just kept bufferings. Seems to be better know they probably just got behind with the feed earlier.

Bill S. commenting on George and Cindy returning to court following lunch - without Mr. Lippman.

No. Don't know anyone in Morton Grove.

I no longer know anyone near Burr Ridge either so it's been years since I've had Falco's. I also like Dominicks in Villa Park but am currently out of their delivery area too.

I know where Falco's is... Can't say I've had it, but Friday's coming...

These jurors aren't idiots... it's elementary to see that JA is trying to have as much info withheld from the jury as he can. If I were a juror in such a situation, I would see right through this, and clearly conclude that the State doesn't want me to hear everything... hiding things from me. They won't for get that. JMOO

I can't wait to get your take on expert witness after JA completely discredits him with his own history of misconduct. He had to resign from his former position.

I think if the truth were that important the defense would have included it in their instructions to their experts. Experts that do not have all the information do poorly on the stand. It's not a matter of winning as it is a matter of SA doing their job to make sure the jury is aware of what the evidence tends to prove. SA should never have to do their job and defense's job, too. KC had the chance in opening statements to take full responsibility for her child and what did she do???? She has attempted to push the blame off to someone else. Defense is trying to stamp out fires they have created themselves.

The only one who knows the truth is KC and she is clearly not capable to telling anyone, including her attorney what that truth is. If KC will not tell the truth that leaves no one but the State of Florida to do so to the best of their ability. KC's family has made it very, very difficult and I, for one, have to give credit to SA for what they have accomplished so far. It does no good for SA not to be truthful.....look at where it is getting defense. jmo

HELLo YES!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

These jurors aren't idiots... it's elementary to see that JA is trying to have as much info withheld from the jury as he can. If I were a juror in such a situation, I would see right through this, and clearly conclude that the State doesn't want me to hear everything... hiding things from me. They won't for get that. JMOO

bbm

by someone who is NOT qualified to impart that information to a jury as if he is qualified - that would be misrepresenting yourself to the jury, otherwise known as lying.

I do understand, and I am sure the jury understands as well. I personally have always felt that the state wanted the truth to be known. This trial has made me realize that that is not the case. The state wants to win the trial, and the truth has nothing to do with it. JMO

But here's the funny thing about "TRUTH", no one ever truly knows the truth other than three people (at least in this case). Caylee, ICA, and God. And only one is sitting in that Courtroom (at least that we can visually see).

And the one sitting there ain't talking ....

And that would point to a biased judge to me... favoring the State's Case. Difference of interpretation and opinion. JA made a fool out of himself with his endless objections this morning. JMOO

I want to argue your point so badly but I'd get banned for life.

Just watched video on WFTV ... Bill S speaking ...

Showed a videoclip of CA and GA leaving the courthouse (lunch time) and NO Mr. Lippmann ...

Don't know if that means anything ... but we'll see ...

Aaaaand....another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust, Yeah...and another one down and another one down....ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.

I had to be away for the pizza debate, but must give a belated shout-out to IMO'S in St. Louis! Best. Evah. They use this local cheese called "provel" which is like a creamier/tangier white American cheese. Am salivating just remembering it.

Ok...I'll repeat myself from the trial thread...

Let's get real...what did we have today...one BIG FAT LIAR!

I had to be away for the pizza debate, but must give a belated shout-out to IMO'S in St. Louis! Best. Evah. They use this local cheese called "provel" which is like a creamier/tangier white American cheese. Am salivating just remembering it.

No way - deep dish Chicago style pizza - spinach and cheese! Giordanos! Yesssssssssssss..... :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Are we waiting for a press conference with the Anthony’s or not. Sorry I missed some stuff while in shock

I so agree with you that the jurors aren't idiots.

Just thought I'd share my personal experience as a former juror/foreperson on 9 juries.

Whenever any attorney objected (and particularly when an attorney objected continuously - interrupting both the witness and opposing attorney's train of thought,) jurors took notice – and not necessarily in a negative way.

The jurors I deliberated with did not use "objections" as a conclusion that the attorney had something to hide. On the contrary, the jurors I served with actually based their conclusions on how the judge ruled on the objection(s), i.e. sustained versus overruled.

When the judge sustained any objection, jurors dutifully concluded that the "question" was not allowed (for whatever legal reason) and not that the attorney was trying to hide something. Jurors on the cases I served on always looked to the judge’s ruling for guidance before reaching any conclusions.

Also interesting, during the course of each trial, jurors truly did note the number of each attorney’s objections as well as the number of times the judge “agreed” with the objection or “overruled” the objection. From that information, jurors assigned a “believability factor” of each attorney - based on how frequently the judge agreed with the objecting attorney or overruled them. Attorney believability factor (and likeability factor) was established very early on in the case and was pivotal in final deliberations/guilt/penalty phase.

Just thought I'd share a different take on what jurors may be thinking....FWIW

JMOO

My question today is why the state did not obtain Cindy's computer records from her work back in 2008, when they first learned about the searches? It would have been much easier, and impossible for her to have said today that she could have been at home, if they could wave emails she sent from work during that period in court today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member