2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Mark Hacking? His mother said she was devasted by what he had done but that she would stand by her son and support him. And then she shut up. I don't remember anyone throwing tomatoes at her. In fact, I had/have a lot of respect for the woman.

And I also seem to remember that they convinced him to confess. Just a tad different from this situation, no?

No thread for HLN but they are bringing up the absurdity of the searches to go along with her stories. If your dog was sick from eating bamboo wouldn't you look up bamboo or how to care for a sick dog?

No, Mark Hacking. Killed his wife, Lori, because she was about to discover that he was never enrolled in med school as he said. Said his wife went out jogging. Hours later purchased a new mattress. Here ya go.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/mark_hacking/index.html

Didn't mean to go off topic. Just trying to point out that all mothers of murderers don't behave like Cindy. In fact, most don't.

oh, I remember that case now. I don't know much about it though. You respect Mark Hacking's mother because she just says nothing. But you don't respect CA because she fudges the truth? I get you I think. I have seen people stick up for their children for much less offenses than this though...many people are very hypocritical when it comes to their own children.

NG just had video up of JB putting up those hair comparison pictures and you can see JA laugh at pros table. That must have been a fun part for him when he knew that he could bring the hair slideshow into evidence. Too bad it got overshadowed by CA

Okay just to further the conversation, one of the searches was for chloroform HABIT. Now why oh why would CA be looking that up. NOT. Come on SA pick this up

Because when she thought of cholorform she then thought of nurses in crisp outfits and hats of yesteryear, which then reminded her of nuns. See? Completely harmless. :crazy:

You know, there are some great places to vent, blow steam, and laugh on the interwebs of late. It's a great stress reliever.

No thread for HLN but they are bringing up the absurdity of the searches to go along with her stories. If your dog was sick from eating bamboo wouldn't you look up bamboo or how to care for a sick dog?

He'll, I'd be calling my vet the second I noticed something wrong, possibly rushing my dog to an emergency vet. I would NOT be sitting down and doing searches on a computer at all! Someone should get those dogs away from the Anthony's!

Hi all - what an interesting day
I searched the thread for this but couldn't find it -
What came of Cindy bringing up the "check" case or something to that effect? Was it brought up during JB's direct or LDB's cross? Heard something earlier that since it was brought up the State could bring it up now?

Noticed in OS's that when LDB mentions the duct tape and that it was put there NOT to be removed and to end the child's life...KC involuntarily nods her head yes!!!!! about 16:00
WOW!!!! TALK ABOUT BODY LANGUAGE!!! Then goes on and continues to shake her head no.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28006862/index.html

NG just made a little modification to the Lippman comment. She says that they do not think their daughter is innocent but they will do anything it takes to keep her from dp.

If anybody wants to see CA in real action in real time, look up the video of her and GA being grilled by Zenaida's lawyer John Morgan......it will send chills down your spine....you can see the same smirk there that CA used today....she uses that smirk when she thinks or knows she is getting over on you. Watch it...It is stuff like that that those of us that have been here since day 31 remember...sure we had hoped she had seen the light but deep down I was afraid....and she did not prove me wrong.IMO only.

So don't anyone think I am being tacky here 'cause I have buried a child and I know the pain....but what she continues to do just rips my heart out.

I'm so sorry for your profound loss, Nana. {{hugs}}

And yes, I remember well CA's behavior in the ZFG deposition. I've never seen anything quite like that. You're right, CA's smirk was there today - just like in the aforemention depo - but a bit more subdued. She was struggling to keep it in check today. You can see it repeatedly when she tucks her upper lip in.

Seriously?! Everyone is admitting to Cindy's lies this afternoon... can she be busted for perjury or is it just "a loving mother?"

If it were me, my mother would let me rot.

oh, I remember that case now. I don't know much about it though. You respect Mark Hacking's mother because she just says nothing. But you don't respect CA because she fudges the truth? I get you I think. I have seen people stick up for their children for much less offenses than this though...many people are very hypocritical when it comes to their own children.

She did a little more than fudging the truth...she's actively trying to free a child murderer, daughter or not.

Naw, you'd borrow a shovel from the neighbor to dig up the root of the bamboo :crazy:

When there is a constant media blackout, that is the ultimate closed door policy....imo

If you are referring to the lack of cameras in Canada's courtrooms, then you are correct. Always been the law here and most other countries. But again, you are free to attend in person or read reports online or watch the news.

There have been many high profile cases here covered extensively in the news. Bernado/ Homolka, Pickton, Olson, the military guy in ontario recently etc...

I do wish they would televise more cases though, and am a big fan of the Sunshine Law.

Weird! I was kinda worried about how hand sanitizer might affect my kids and Googled "hand sanitizer children" and got LOTS of information. Go fig!

Hello. Just dropping in to say I am only in the middle of WFTV's "tape" 4 for todays testimony, (about 45 minutes into Logan.) I have to say I am EXHAUSTED! Wow!

:eek:fftobed:

ETA: Does he ever make a point?

Seriously?! Everyone is admitting to Cindy's lies this afternoon... can she be busted for perjury or is it just "a loving mother?"

If it were me, my mother would let me rot.

And being the grandmother of 2, if it was my daughter, I would let her rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo