2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Vass is phenomenal.....can't wait for him to get started tearing apart some really bad DT strategies.

If Dr. Vass is there, he is going to be up a long time. I was hoping for a lot of witnesses today.

I can't help but to wonder when watching the door for ICA to emerge if she's thinking, 'and you're on in three, two, one...'

OK, I like that Cindy is obviously there supporting Caylee today!

*passes around smelling salts in anticipation of Dr. Vass's entrance*

Good Morning...Looking forward to spending another day with you all.

Defense team just went into the back room where Casey comes out of.

I doubt very much we will see him again as he lied on the stand - but saying that this defense team is soooooo stupid they may try to put him back on.

I thought Baez struck him as a defense witness after learning he "fudged" his creds....?

Did the DT all just go back to where ICA is? I wonder if she is refusing to come out...........lol

Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Bill Rodriguez?

Isn't he the one that lied on the stand? Stated he was co-founder of the body farm. If so, that may be the reason the DT sent him packing. I'm sure the DT didn't want the SA to reveal that little tidbit to the jury.

Why are all of the DT attorneys going behind closed doors with paper and pens?

here is the link again to the trial thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140966"]2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

this is probably off topic. i am new here and cannot start threads, i think. if i can i haven't figured out how anyway. so, my comment is this. baez is losing quite badly and it is apparently the consensus here that he is a poor attorney. i am not as convinced of that; look at what he has to work with. his task is not really possible. if ever there was a case that was indefensible this is it. so, i am up to day 22 in my trial viewing and i am seeing this lawyer consistently fail to make any headway in the pursuit of establishing reasonable doubt as to the guilt of his client. what happened, happened. i will say to his credit that he has showed up every day.

Well, you know, that is true and is, sadly, the best we can say about this DT... "they showed up every day". :innocent:

Isn't he the one that lied on the stand? Stated he was co-founder of the body farm. If so, that may be the reason the DT sent him packing. I'm sure the DT didn't want the SA to reveal that little tidbit to the jury.

Apparently he also conceded in his depo to the SA Caylee could have been in the woods since June/July '08. FWIW

I'd be perfectly fine with the state clearing up those things definitively, but I think most of the jurors have pretty much connected the dots wrt alot of those things. I know I have.

1). There is no formal protocol that states the head must be opened during an autopsy. Dr. Spitz said so himself. So all he was really saying was that Dr.G didn't do things the way HE would have done them. Meh. Furthermore, he never tested this sediment in the skull...could have been saline residue, could have been dirt, could have been anything. Again, meh.

2). With respect to the chloroform, some experts tested low levels because they were testing for chloroform residue, not levels present in air samples. The chemist who collected the air samples at Dr. Vass' suggestion didn't have a triple trap filter (or whatever they are called) and originally used tedlar bags for collection. He readily stated yesterday that this was not the optimum way to collect these samples. My understanding is that Dr. Vass and Dr. Wise took air samples from carpet retrieved from the trunk of the vehicle and ran them through this triple trap filter. Thus the reason they were able to better concentrate the air samples. At least, that was my understanding.

3). No DNA recovered from the duct tape is a no-brainer, imo. It had been exposed to the elements for 5 months or more, and subjected to flooding. Any DNA present would have degraded to the point that testing would yeild nothing.

So...like I said, I think the jury has probably already connected the dots. But you're right, it doesn't hurt for the state to reinforce things. Refresh the jury's memory, in case JB has turned their brains to jello this week. :)

I have to disagree with you here, I do not think most jurors have already connected the dots. The jurors are not allowed to talk with anyone about the case, nor are they allowed to study photos, documents, etc. They also are not allowed to watch all the hype by the media. That leaves them with their own thoughts on what has been said, and what they have seen at trial.

They have what possibly may be KC's life in their hands. I think they will reserve judgement not only until the DT finishes their case, but until the rebuttals and closing statements are finished, and have spent time deliberating with the other jurors. After all that, they will ultimately decide whether or not they want to convict KC of murder, with the ultimate penalty attached.

I realize it is possible that some of the jurors may have already made up their mind, but whether they have made up their mind as to whether she is guilty or not is another question. Dr. Spitz's testimony may have been enough to convince one juror that KC is not guilty. None of us know what is going through the minds of these jurors. The media doesn't know either, all they can do is speculate and their speculation is geared towards ratings. So, really all we can do is speculate as well.

I will totally agree with you though, that it is very important that the state clear up these things, if they can, because to me these things definately need cleared up.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae