2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the expression on JA when he said they had lot’s to play about closing arguments.

I have a feeling that we are in for a good, well prepared show that will wrap everything up into a neat package

WESH kept freezing up on me and I didn't get down the timeline for wrapping this up. All I got is that the DT anticipates being done on Thursday next week. Can someone give me the rundown of how long rebuttal, closing statements, etc. are supposed to take and when this will be handed to the jury? Please and thank you. :)

Made KC stop and think a minute. It will all be over when???? The look on her face was interesting.[/QUOTE]

I swear, I have never seen anyone like her. She truly lives in the moment, of what's happening. Have you ever seen someone so comfortable going off back to their cell:waitasec:

Well that is because Casey thinks the cell is only temporary, don't you know she will be a free girl when this is over?????:floorlaugh:

I believe if I were Jeff Ashton, I would be tempted to knock Jose Baez' teeth right down into his stomach.

JMO

Ha - showing my age here - anyone remember
Rock'em Sock'em Robots? (red and blue) You knocked my block off!

How does someone who works for the Department of Defense, who must have a security clearance, not know that he would likely have to seek permission to testify - specifically as he was not subpenaed and was just volunteering? That aint an ice cream parlor he's working for. That's teh dum. No wonder he doesn't work at the body farm any more

You know what's really sad (keeping in mind we have no idea about his service records) but that man had one hell of an impressive CV and now his record is blemished for not following proper protocol (oh the iorny :) )

I know a fair bit about the military and this will go on his record and taint it - why he ever got involved or did not seek proper approval I'll never know, a complete mystery.

Baez sure has some explaining to do to finish up by next Wednesday. The sexual abuse stuff, Kronk, what Kronk did with the body and how it got up the road form the Anthony house, why ICA partied like a rock start for a month, why she wasn't even upset the night Caylee died and was out with BF on an extended ummm- whatever, and how Caylee 's face got duct taped, how she got into those bags, and if she wasn't in the trunk where was she and why did ICA's car trunk have decomp in it and why did she abandon it and not tell anyone, and how did she get the squirrels out from the engine of her car anyhow. Have I left anything out? And this in three and a half days?

I am starting to :panic:

No,I'm not worried she'll get off and I'm not concerned about JB's accusations against JA.:bigfight:

I'm worried about losing my peeps! :silly::slapfight::popcorn::chillpill::grouphug: :croc: :websleuther::toast:
What will we all do? Closing arguments next week? This could all be over soon.

Three years of our lives spent together ,and it's just OVER :dramaqueen:

:eek: - and this from our mock juror! Makes me wonder if the actual jurors are thinking something similiar.

jmo

My husband, who knows next to nothing about this case and hadn't seen any of the trial until yesterday, actually said to me during one of Baez' cross-exams of one of the witnesses yesterday (can't remember which one) actually said, "This guy [Baez] is a total schmuck. Does he even know what he's doing?"

This was an outsider's impression after 2 minutes of seeing this trial. I can't imagine what the jury must be thinking.:twocents:

Could someone please explain something to me as if I'm a five year old.

What happens if 1 of the jury finds Casey not guilty. I understand it will go to a hung jury, what does that mean?

I wonder if we'll ever find out the nature of the papers that Ashton dropped on the desk in front of Baez (or what he said to him when he did it) shortly before the end of today.

Immediately afterward, Baez shrugged and seemed to say "What's this?"

I switched to watching it live on wftv tv. so much nicer than a little square on my puter screen. wftv has been great about very few commercials and great Bill S commentary during the sidebars

Can you say "enmeshment"? This family is so enmeshed, so strange. My brothers would never want to be in any room where I'm giving birth or be any part of my pregnancy. They'd be grossed out!

On another subject, JB is so maddening. He repeatedly acts smug even when he continually loses battles. He reminds me of Saddam Hussein during the war. Remember when he pontificated about how the streets would run red with blood of Americans and how he was winning, all the while bombs were raining down on him? And we all remember what happened to him in the end. JB reminds me of this. The arrogance and smugness, it baffles me. It's like he thinks if he acts like he is coring points, he actually will.

I have been trying to come up with a comparison. That description is so accurate it's chilling -

The middle-aged horndog in me wishes I could provide Mr. Ashton some stress relief after such BS insinuations from Baez today! What a low blow...."I am shocked..." GRRRRR.

As many have expressed , JA is even sexier when he's angry!

RRRrrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhrrrrraaaarrrrrrr! (tiger sounding growl)

5-11-11-Real-Steal1.gif

Having worked for the U. S. Government, I cannot see them giving Rodriguez approval to testify in this or any other case. I wondered how in the world they got someone from DOD to testify. It's really like working for the mafia, you aren't allowed to have an opinion....on anything!

I couldn't even support my local sheriff/marshall/anyone running for a public office...couldn't put a sign in my yard! No way this guy got permission! He did this on his own, took vacation days to get his 5 minutes of fame, didn't expect anyone to see him since it was on Friday but he had to stay over for the SA's depo.....

No, the DOD doesn't work on Saturday, but you can bet his Supervisor was home clicking through the channels, saw him and put a quick stop to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez