2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joy Behar just said that she would get on the stand and cover for her daughter if in the same situation.

That's just it, in the past two days of testimony, where has her mother OR brother covered anything of substance for her? Each and every one of those 31 days are still there, the duct tape is still around the baby's face, ICA is still sporting her "Good Life" tattoo, and the pictures of her trying to promote her own self perceived "hot stuff" image with pole dances, are still there.

NOTHING they have said, or can say, will change that.

It's a pretty pathetic defense when, after 27 days of testimony, your bright and shining moments are a lying mother and a blubbering brother.

After Caylee's birth. They had to postpone the shower due to the "early birth" of Caylee.

RA's wedding was in June 05. hth

fwiw
Let me premise this by saying I did not grab a screen shot of the pic...but I think I saw a blow up of the wedding pic, JB style, on the evidence table. Full frontal mom & daughter at the wedding, and no doubting one of them was pg. I could see it when the camera was showing the sidebar.

Most evidence appears to be left in the same position, except for that darn gas can that keeps getting mileage! Pay attention during sidebar...I'm sure we'll have one by 9:04!

:seeya:

One thing I have learned from watching this case since day one is that we are always left with the question why???? and everytime someone thinks they have the answer, bam another bombshell. Have you ever seen any case that has evoked so many questions and have lead to so much speculation and theories? There have been so many topics and sleuthing done on this case and it just goes on and on and again we are always left asking why? I believe their is alot we will never know but one thing is for sure we will never forget about Caylee and she will remain in our hearts forever.
I want to thank all of you for your opinions and thoughts and am so happy that WS exists for us all for support and the opportunity to help us get answers to questions that just don't make sense. I hope you can understand what I am saying. I am just so baffled by this case and the A's family dynamics.

I worry about LA's mental stability (what's left of it, anyhow) and after thoughts today IF he was supposed to follow through with the "molestation bombshell" and really didn't. Did they REALLY make him eat lunch by himself today? Or was that just a ploy too. Ugh. Who can tell anymore.

Man, are you in my mind or are you me??!! I thought the same thing: Wow... he's jumping on sword. Whooops!! No he didn't. I visibly watched DT scrambling to cover and boom lunch. THEN, I read tweets that he ate lunch by himself and I also read tweets where he was with Cindy whispering a lot so time will tell. I think ploy, just cause I'm so stand-offish with these A's but it could possibly be he's Caylee's voice. Time well tell.

I swear you are me and I am you and we are playing some toejam footall.

ITA - Cindy needs to put forth the 'perfect family' image, ie. the denial of the pregnancy w/Lee. I don't think it was anything too different with this family to deny, deny, deny when it comes to presenting their image. As this all unfolds, they have been in shock and denial, but their image to the world as a decent little family is being threatened and they cannot deal with that, thus the twisting of the truth to their benefit. They just cannot accept the fact that their offspring could do such a thing, and when it comes down to it, who could accept that? Can't say what I'd do.

i think lee might have just wanted to be alone at lunch, jmo.

There's that too... the voice of reason. That things may be just cause they ARE. The Tao of Pooh and all.

Thanks for that. I'm so used to scrutiny I forgot about Tao.

I have followed this case since it was first in the media and I am remembering that all of KC's "bad behaviors" started occuring AFTER Caylee was born, right? Did we hear of these same type of behaviors before she got preg with Caylee? Not trying to be snarky or anything, I just don't remember anything ever being said about KC's behavior before Caylee was born. Except I do vaguely remember people saying she has been a liar for quite some time.

Lee said she started the lies in middle school and he himself had done the same thing but it was a phase he outgrew, Casey did not. I know he said she used to steal his change and took several checks. We know she lied about getting to graduate. In fact when Lee moved into his own place he had room mates and Casey was forbidden to be there if he wasn't home because she was a thief.

That's just it, in the past two days of testimony, where has her mother OR brother covered anything of substance for her? Each and every one of those 31 days are still there, the duct tape is still around the baby's face, ICA is still sporting her "Good Life" tattoo, and the pictures of her trying to promote her own self perceived "hot stuff" image with pole dances, are still there.

It's a pretty pathetic defense when, after 27 days of testimony, your bright and shining moments are a lying mother and a blubbering brother.

Perfect, Concerned Papa .......... Oh, and we can't forget, she continues 'to promote her own self perceived "hot stuff" image,' by knotting and winding/wrapping her clothes for Court in such a way all will *see* her "hot body!" Ugh!

I think Lee covered for Casey all their lives, and she never thought he would not continue to do so, That's why she's the most emotional when he testified. He protected her all her life and she knows that he knows what she did and he can't protect her now.

fwiw
Let me premise this by saying I did not grab a screen shot of the pic...but I think I saw a blow up of the wedding pic, JB style, on the evidence table. Full frontal mom & daughter at the wedding, and no doubting one of them was pg. I could see it when the camera was showing the sidebar.

Most evidence appears to be left in the same position, except for that darn gas can that keeps getting mileage! Pay attention during sidebar...I'm sure we'll have one by 9:04!

:seeya:

BBM
:floorlaugh:

Good thinking. Pass the nachcos por favor.

Past experience has led me to believe you:

A) Like ritas on the rocks, never blended

B) Screw the rita... shot of tequila, lime, salt please

C) Screw the lime and salt. Tequila. And make it a double.

Today's notes courtesy of Juror #4

notebookpaper4.gif
[/IMG]

Thanks was not enough! That made my evening!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I logged-in specifically in order I could award (Thank) this post -- ALL of it

Imo, you've said what every sane observer is thinking as they watch this low-life circus

The 3 main players in the Defence team need psychiatric assessment before they're allowed anywhere NEAR a court-room again, imo. They've revealed themselves to not only be low-lifes but also low-IQ's, again imo only

Expected better of Cheyney Mason, must admit. But in analysing *why* I expected better, I'm forced to admit it's because of the 'character' he plays -- the whiskers, the 'elder statesman' performance, etc. Now, I'd like to see him shaven, by force if necessary - because what I suspect the removal of those whiskers would reveal would be a weak chin and jaw and unsavoury looking mouth. Whatever the case, he's contributed to the very expensive farce of a 'defence'. And makes one wonder why he chose -- chose -- to participate in such disgusting shennanigans. As for the female member of the Defence team -- hanging her head in shame in private will not do a thing to alleviate her disgraceful contribution. And there aren't words low enough to describe that clown Baez

If this is what court-room tv brings to Law and Justice, then wise heads should ensure no more made-for-tv courtroom farces - because this is the lowest form of ' law ' I've witnessed to date

Yes, let's return to the salient issues at hand - 31 days of partying and denial and lies as a helpless child's remains were mouldering unmourned in a trash dump. Let's get to the facts and find and sentence those responsible

Thanks for the wake up call and bringing it all back into perspective!:seeya:

Lee said she started the lies in middle school and he himself had done the same thing but it was a phase he outgrew, Casey did not. I know he said she used to steal his change and took several checks. We know she lied about getting to graduate. In fact when Lee moved into his own place he had room mates and Casey was forbidden to be there if he wasn't home because she was a thief.

That's right ! good memory.
I think it was one of Lee's friends who said ICA lied all the time and everyone knew it,but no one ever confronted her about it.

Today's notes courtesy of Juror #4

notebookpaper4.gif
[/IMG]

LOOOOVE!! SO not worried about Juror #4. She'll be the 1st to say "hang her." Now, there was another juror but I can't remember the number who overthinks... I worry about here more.

Did Lee say that in one of the depositions? Now I remember something. But I thought Lee was just saying KC lied a bit to go along with his mother. I'm remembering in CA's deposition with Morgan & Morgan I think CA said something like "All teenagers lie" to condone it and make it seem like no big deal, when Cindy was asked by one of the Morgans about the lying. In that deposition with Morgan and Morgan they definitely pretended ignorance of anything wrong with KC.

My brother is three years younger than me. I had my first child at 20. He was the second person to hold my daughter the night she was born - before my daughter's own father. He was a starting basketball player on his state-winning team and missed a game to try to be present at her birth. He didn't make it because of a bad storm and a small tornado between my hometown and my current place of residence.

I don't think it's odd that Lee wanted to be present. Especially if he is as close to Casey an he seems to be. My brother and I are close and I think it is because we come from a dysfunctional family.

My brother was the Casey of my family. He isn't a psychopath, and only slightly narcissistic, and he was the "golden child" of the family. He was handed everything on a silver platter while I had to work for everything I had.

All this just to say I believe that Lee being upset that he wasn't "invited" to Caylee's birth doesn't necessarily have sinister undertones. He didn't have to be present in the delivery room, but I'm sure he would love to have been in the waiting room.

Most of the talking heads agree it will be her behavior more than anything including the lies that will get her convicted. Whether her daughter died in a drowning accident or kidnapped WTH goes out partying and acting like it's a celebration. I think that first phone call home falls in line with her other abhorrent behavior.

HHJP was referring to what he called a compendium written by Judge Alex Ferrer.

excerpt... "Judge Alex has authored a “bench book” on closing arguments that is used by judges throughout Florida and is regularly interviewed by media to provide expert opinions on numerous legal issues."

http://goflorida.about.com/od/floridagovernment/a/bio_judgealex.htm

What. And a who? I'm medicalese. lol No, seriously... he's not following a Judge Alex book is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214