2011.06.24 TRIAL Day Twenty-seven (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JSR, since the defense has brought up all of this "testimony" about the stains in the car, doesn't that open the door now for the state to bring in photos of the OTHER stain in the car?

ICA's lips are more pouty...they appear to look like those wax lips the kids wear....she doesn't like how this testimony is going..

"So, Mr. Anthony. Is this about the time that you started feeling your sister up? Was that for medical purposes...perhaps checking if her milk had come in?"

All in a days work at the A home.

SiDEBAR.

JB: Tell us about the very first time you suspected your sister was pregnant?
LA: It would have been late at night, our bedrooms were next to the bathroom. And when I went in when she was coming out I could see her midsection and it was showing.
JB: What did you do with this information once you saw this?
LA: I said to Casey what the he?? is that? and she just sort of waved me off.
The next time I saw my mom I asked, is she pregnant?

I realize the pregnancy thing seems so unbelievable that a mother wouldn't notice, and it is. It's denial. The same thing happened in my husbands family. His sister was pregnant. He kept telling his mom. He kept getting in trouble for saying she was pregnant. 9 Month came up and OOPSABABY!

TRUTH of the matter. Of course you're not offering the truth!

I think there were a few stains in the trunk when the car was bought. Then, there is now THEE stain, along with the other stains.

Well, here's the quote of the day (so far anyway - it's still a long way to go):
Baez: "We're not offering this to the truth of the matter, your Honor". :innocent:

Say it isn't so Baez. Sheesh.:banghead:

I think I now have a signature. :)

leecaswth.jpg

Am I the only one who feels sorry for that court reporter? Poor thing has to jump up and run with that machine every 15 minutes cuz JB can't follow rules! We need to have Kimster there with her raygun to zap him when he strays! :crazy:

If LA does decide to lie, do you honestly think his fiancee would stick by him? Trying to come up with reasons for him to tell the truth, other than it is the right thing to do.

IMO Lee and Mallory will always stand by Casey. :sick:

JMO

Jurors aren't missing this.... sidebar every time the DT gigs you?? That would scream at me if I were a juror that the SAO is hiding stuff from me... it would reinforce any doubt I would be looking at.

I don't expect those without legal background to understand courtroom rules and procedures, but the SAO is holding onto the DT's runaway train in order to keep everything above-board and without any procedural mistakes that would call for a mistrial. Jurors are instructed on how to process the information they hear (and also, as humans, process what they fail to hear). The jurors also aren't missing the fact that a family (who has shown themselves capable of "mistruths" half-truths, and lies) are suddenly stepping up when all else seemed lost for ICA.

11:32

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF LEE ANTHONY BY JB

He owned the white Sunfire from 2000 until early 2005.

He was shown State's exhibits 47, 79 and 80 - photos of the car. They were published to the Jury. He identified #49 as the car he once owned.

#79 appeared to be the trunk of that car.

There were a few stains in the trunk. He marked on the screen where the stains were. He remembered three - all outside of the tire cover. They were there when he purchased the car.

He owned the car for 5 years. He is sure he may have stained the trunk, but he does not recall.

He was shown #80 and marked on that photo where the stains were. One was off this picture.

He did not know how long the stains had been there - probably for as long as he owned the car. He agreed they did not show up well in the photos, but you could see them when you opened the trunk.

When did you first notice your sister was pregnant?

OBJECTION BY JA - we can approach if we need to - OVERRULED

SIDEBAR #6 (11:38-11:41)

Tell us about the first time you first realized you knew your sister was pregnant? Early to mid 2008. He was living at home then. It would have been later at night. Our bedroooms are next to the bathroom. I was waiting for her to come out. When she came out, I could see her mid section and it was showing and at that time it struck him as odd as he had not noticed it before that. He believes he made a comment to her like "excuse me - what the hell is that" and she blew him off. He then said something to his mom when he saw her again if ICA was pregnant.

OBJECTION BY JA

SIDEBAR #7 (11:43-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members