2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tweet by Vinnie
Whatever the issue is it is "UNDER SEAL" so someone would have to violate a court order and leak the info for us to find out!

So, could it be that whatever transpired behind closed doors led to JB asking HHJP to recuse himself?
I mean, I know CM asked for the sidebar and all, but Baez seemed really upset at HHJP and perhaps one motion led to the next?
I'm not sure this can be done at this point, but I was just wondering what u guys think? :waitasec:
:tyou:

Folks, this is not the first time the defense has done this.........delay, derail tactics. It's a whole lot of nothing. I'm hoping Judge Perry finally gave Baez a smack down and this will be the last time he will disrupt court.

I think Judge Perry has bent over backwards for this defense team. I understand his position and I'm sure he doesn't want a mistrial but enough is enough. I think the Judge finally gave Baez a warning. If he can't follow court orders, he will take action.

Casey Anthony trial: Attorneys decline to discuss why court recessed early

snip-
One theory about the abrupt recess involved some reporting by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

In an online posting Friday, Rivera described having lunch with defense lawyer José Baez, who "expressed deep frustration over what he believes to be rulings from the bench that limit his ability to make the abuse argument, however implausible."

Rivera also shared details about the Baez lunch with Juan Williams on "The O'Reilly Factor" television show.

He observed: "He [Baez] wanted that jury to know that those parents feared Lee Anthony was the father of that child. That's why they didn't want him involved in the baby's birth. That's where he was going. The judge stopped it."

On Friday, when objections were raised, Perry did stop Baez from inquiring about marital problems between Cindy Anthony and husband George. He also stopped a line of questioning about why Lee Anthony had, in Baez's words, "blocked" out his sister's pregnancy. The brother had earlier expressed how hurt he felt about being excluded from what was going on with Casey during that period.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-28-20110625,0,2868459.story

That wasn't his laptop....that was the screen scrolling the real time transcription. There is one at each table....SA and DT.

Yep and as he read and listened to what Baez said I think when he saw the written words he knew he had to do something right then like apologize to the court and pros. Along about the time he read...Baez say to His Honor , No we're not going to do that....

Whole bunch of nothing. He merely cried because he was not let in on the family finally acknowledging KC was indeed pregnant. (He already noticed, mentioned to the Queen, she shot him him down.) He cried b.c he did not go to the hospital when Caylee was born due to family conflict, he regretted. He cried b.c the stress of all of this is too much. He, at first, said he knew nothing of the family finally accepting KC was prego, but on cross he admitted he knew the family was creating a nursery in the house that he still lived in.

In other words, his testimony with JB said he did not know anything about the family accepting KC being prego, JA got him to admit he did. Therefore, his testimony was impeached.

Many years of pent up tears came out and made it seem scripted like a Soap Opera.

Reading Magpie at the Hinky a few minutes ago about yesterdays day in court, she said there was something that no one on TV realized happened. And that was when Lee and his parents/lawyer left the courtroom, Lee had a complete breakdown and had to be helped into a small room off the courtroom and they waited until the courtroom cleared - I guess it was lunch time break - not sure. But she said it was pretty bad.

In regards to the proffer yesterday, JB said they would be crafting a Motion in regards to JA and Dr Rodriguez. My guess is they crafted the Motion and it was significant enough to explain today's events. jmoo

CM is the Death Penalty qualified attorney. Regardless of whatever JB calls into HLN with, he is nowhere near that. Neither JB nor DS meet the minimum recommended standards of experience for arguing a capital case. So CM wishing to leave would be a good deal.

If there is some degree of discension or disarray within the ranks of the defense HHJP would in all likelihood give them until Monday for them to work out a plan of action among to resolve this internally within the DT. For CM to reconsider. For a restructuring or roles, etc.

Once again, the DT was engagaed in ex parte communication with the Judge in chambers when this all went down. That pretty much rules out anything to do with JA or the SA's. If the defense were to even attempt a private conversation with the judge on such a subject the repercussions would be dire. The fact that the judge went into the room with them says it is purely an internal defense team matter.

And this would all fit in with the floundering we've seen from the DT. Add to that JB's behavior and violations,that CM may not be aware of ( or may be objecting to) and you have a good reason to give the defendant time to regroup.
Death is different. JMO

Why would CM requesting to be off the case be a "sealed" issue?

And there have been two opinions here all day about whether or not any of the rest of the DT is qualified to carry on with CM...I have no clue as I did not follow this case before trial. Does anyone know 100%??

I like KentJBkent's suggestion,but it does seem like HH would have had CM finish today ,since they had so many witnesses lined up.
I think this is involves JB,somehow. He wanted CM to STOP.

true..because if he was THAT sick he wouldn't have been there to begin with..or told the Judge right out of the gate..L@rdy, I can even speculate why..because I'm not an attorney, nor did I play one in a movie ;-) I just have no real idea myself exactly what all could/would bring things to a complete halt..makes my brain hurt, lol!

snip-
One theory about the abrupt recess involved some reporting by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News.

In an online posting Friday, Rivera described having lunch with defense lawyer José Baez, who "expressed deep frustration over what he believes to be rulings from the bench that limit his ability to make the abuse argument, however implausible."

Rivera also shared details about the Baez lunch with Juan Williams on "The O'Reilly Factor" television show.

He observed: "He [Baez] wanted that jury to know that those parents feared Lee Anthony was the father of that child. That's why they didn't want him involved in the baby's birth. That's where he was going. The judge stopped it."

On Friday, when objections were raised, Perry did stop Baez from inquiring about marital problems between Cindy Anthony and husband George. He also stopped a line of questioning about why Lee Anthony had, in Baez's words, "blocked" out his sister's pregnancy. The brother had earlier expressed how hurt he felt about being excluded from what was going on with Casey during that period.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-28-20110625,0,2868459.story

:eek: Can't Baez get in trouble for that???

snip-

Thanks for posting this essies;

The finely aged bologna was made in 1824 and is large enough to feed us all for many days. :innocent:

In regards to the proffer yesterday, JB said they would be crafting a Motion in regards to JA and Dr Rodriguez. My guess is they crafted the Motion and it was significant enough to explain today's events. jmoo
Nope, anything like that Ashton would have been in with the judge the whole time not just the DT and Casey.

Reading Magpie at the Hinky a few minutes ago about yesterdays day in court, she said there was something that no one on TV realized happened. And that was when Lee and his parents/lawyer left the courtroom, Lee had a complete breakdown and had to be helped into a small room off the courtroom and they waited until the courtroom cleared - I guess it was lunch time break - not sure. But she said it was pretty bad.

I think he realizes nothing will help ICA at this point. To fall on a sword for her would be foolish .

Ok...wait...

Didn't I read in on this thread this morning that HHJP sealed the ex parte and gagged all attorneys from discussing today's events????

If today's events didn't include a plea deal, then I think it's safe to say that CM didn't discuss today's events. Right? ;)

I still hope Lee is okay. I am in fear of suicidal tendencies. :(

I'm sure that's it. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member