2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting! But since the SA is not contending that it was the chloroform that killed her, I guess this assumption is just that :(

I just thought it was bizarre :D. I was looking for something else in google news and this popped up and I was like...wth? LOL

it could be,the jury was not suppose to hear that,BUT CA offered that..LDB did not ask a question to about the checks..CA just blurted it out!

Had that been an issue, I'm assuming an objection followed by a request for a mistrial would have been made immediately. MOO.

I went back and watched the video of what little bit of proceedings we had this morning and was caught by the following. Video Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/weshtv?feature=chclk#p/l/XZ_qhfMF2oM

JA again has to bring attention to another possible discovery infraction by JB
JB accuses judge and SA of fabricating issues, says enough is enough, the DT is not willing to go into these issues, then begins to backslide into "Well we'll tailor the testimony to only include what was in the depo, take out slides, yada yada yada" HHJP basically says, I'll look at the documentation and decide for myself. Mason then begins mumbling about something requiring a sidebar and JUST AS he begins to speak into the mic, the asst attys on DT hands JB this document he just walked in with. JB seems to be distracted and begins reading in earnest.

All attys walk to sidebar. Watch what happens from the 20:37 mark.
Mason begins to speak to HHJP, JB interrupts him with hand gestures, Mason's reaction is something like 'whoa there sonnie, let me deal with this'.
Mason begins to speak again, but JB starts pulling back, taps Mason on the back, then asks for a brief moment alone with Mason.

Mason concurs, JB & Mason step away. Look at HHJP's facial expressions. SA turns away to try and keep from looking at each other and falling apart (my opinion) JA stands there nodding his head up and down like "yea yea yea yea knew this was gonna happen"
Mason and JB step back up to sidebar, Mason begins speaking again.
He then begins to present something to HHJP, HHJP says "fine, ok" and they all walk away.

The DT all walks directly into the holding area with ICA, whereupon a conversation about some serious subject begins. The courtroom (Kathy B reports) can hear Mason's raised voice at his team. They return, another convo takes place, all gods children go into chambers with HHJP. During this one of the junior attys tells ICA they need to go back into the holding area, ICA tries to put her off so she can read the live transcript of what is going on in chambers, but junior atty will not be put off and ICA is marched back into holding for a convo (putting some documentation together?) with junior atty.

All god's children come back and we are in recess.

Jean C reported this morning that she was told during her CM interview that he and JB would be 'splitting' the examinations. That didn't happen and now she has been told that CM will be much more involved in dealing with the witnesses from here on out.

My comments (sorry so long guys) is this - JB has *advertiser censored***D up discovery to the point that CM's reputation is now taking a hit (in CM's mind if not in reality) and he's not going to sit back any longer and let JB bring him down along with this pointless defense.

I think we have either an attorney in trouble, or we have a witness in trouble - both of which could directly impact a lawyer's reputation/license. I really think JB has done something, or ignored something that was done, to his team's detriment. Man I hope this does not turn into a mistrial.

The other thing I saw and I've read one tweet but cannot find it now, is that JA returned the copies of the slide show to JB, and I guess they have decided not to use it at all. I think it was KB, but am still looking. That would have been the 'flying saucer' document discussed below this post.

If you are just getting here.. this is a very good post to help you catch up..
it recaps and points out the sequence of events .. with a link to the video of todays court events

I almost had to laugh because it was like JB was telling Judge Perry how it would be handled..I was waiting for the Judge to tell him that it wasn't his courtroom!

I still have hope that Baez is a guest of the gray bar hotel tonight, courtesy of Judge Belvin Perry.

Had that been an issue, I'm assuming an objection followed by a request for a mistrial would have been made immediately. MOO.

yes,you are right and I did not hear any objection to that either.

For all those who were looking for this one-

HILARIOUS!!

2n1f621.jpg

What was this in response to???

You know HHJP. He's hard to read. But he seemed okay. I think.

I think I have noticed two little "tells" for HHJP.

One is when he purses his lips. He did that today when listening to Baez. The second is that he jiggles his foot, and the back of his chair "vibrates" from the jiggling foot. He did that today too.

Usually it seems to me he does this when listening to Baez's foolishness, as he has to be patient. Then when he is ready to offer a polite "smackdown", all jiggling and lip-pursing stop, like a cat ready to pounce.

Since we don't really know what or why happened this morning ...
Why not try to relax and enjoy the weekend ? The DT has controlled enough of our lives these past 3 years . Make Sunday a realxing tribute to Caylee . I am serious folks ...this could drive you crazy wondering and ruin your whole weekend with your OWN family .

He has testified multiple times across the country for different SA's without a problem... why would it suddenly be an issue??

1. He did not ask permission this time
2. He perjured himself in open court. Reflects on the DOD poorly IMO

Judge Alex on Fox News now.

Why did CA tell a police officer of KC stealing her credit card for in the first place? I thought CA originally called 911 and said different things just to get them to the house before she finally called and said Caylee was missing. So, why did CA tell the police officer that KC stole her credit card once he got there if she only said that just to get him there? Did I miss something?

My opinion, and I don't know for sure, is that CA wanted ICA to be detained someway, somehow so that she couldn't get away and disappear like she had the month prior. Since, at that point, there was no proof she did anything to Caylee, CA seemed to want ICA to be arrested for anything else in order to get info about Caylee...
After she calmed down and began her quest to cover up for ICA, she made up the lie about only saying that to get them there. Just like she said it smelled like a dead body in the damn car and then straight up lied about saying that on several talk shows even though the proof was right in the audio. I remember she went on Larry king and when a caller asked her about saying that she was like "I never said a dead body, I just said it smelled and it was because of the trash" (not exact quote, but the gist of it)

Yes, Lee and George were both tested, neither is Caylee's father. It's somewhere in one of the document dumps.

If I may jump off of your post,thanks!

The DNA testing was for the investigation ,not to establish paternity. It's no different than asking for their fingerprints .There would be items that you would expect the A's dna to be on.If someone elses showed up then there would be further investigation,but to know it belongs to someone else ,you first have to rule out those you know.That's one reason why they needed the A's DNA.
Rumors were swirling in the public about who Caylee's father was.I think,in an abundance of caution,NS asked the DNA expert to compare Lee and George to Caylee's DNA.
So it wasn't really a paternity test,per se,however it was used to rule out GA and LA as Caylee's father.

I don't know why, but I don't think this is as big as the media is making this out to be. I just have a gut feeling.

For Posterity

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_qhfMF2oM&feature=player_embedded#t=4140s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_qhfMF2oM&feature=player_embedded#t=4140s[/ame]

I've had weeks to pack for my vacation tomorrow and because of this trial I'm running around like a blue *advertiser censored* fly trying to get packed !!!! How dare they leave me hanging like this? I'll miss being here daily but DH wants me to detox. Have fun you guys.

I just have to say this...LKB looks WAY better with less make up.

I also agree with it that is is not a plea, they were prepared to go. UNLESS it's something she worked out with CM somehow and JB didn't know about it, but that's very unlikely.

He has testified multiple times across the country for different SA's without a problem... why would it suddenly be an issue??

I wish we knew more about this. Thinking maybe he didn't get permission this time whereas he might have on the previous cases he testified in. Maybe he still can get permission and come back, if needed.

aw man, I hope she's back on..I know it sounds awful, but I want to see Cindy Anthony squirm when she is confronted with proof of her lies!

CA lie and squirm........never. Find the phone call where she calls Tim Miller from Equisearch and how she threatens him and how she says don't cross the Anthony's because she will win.

This woman is and always will be 'an <modsnip>' (this was another posters spot on description of CA) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izzy&Bella