2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I can't keep up with this thread!

For what purpose would the Judge and court reporter have need to do work related to the case in which the SA and DT would not be present? HHJBP and the CR took off at the end while all the attorneys remained in the courtroom packing up.

Just curious . . .

That was the only thing that I saw which let me know..or at least made me think he was really angry..The way he told the court reporter that they had something they needed to do..and I have no clue what it could be that would require just her..

Is this it? 12 parts, only close to 10 min each.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=57B4BBBFB2A055E3

This was amazing ..and they did seek justice ..however this case is different and with saying that thanks for link ..I can see the mindset now of ICA DT ..more than ever..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpYXdKlLd9c"]YouTube - ‪Pat McGuinness‬‏[/ame]
especially the all the handcuff questions

First time poster, but I've been here reading from day one. I couldn't stand it any more. I live in Orlando and it really ticks me off that the Anthony family acts like they do. I am really upset that they act like this. I've gone back over and over the feed from WESH on today's short hearing, If I'm right Monday everyone better be ready. I think this whole thing is about George. I think he has put it in writing the he did the molestation(I think that's what the closed talk is about) If you go to the 49:30 mark right before that Cindy gets up goes outside (she was talking to the man next to her) George looks up and then takes a deep breath. Then looks at this guy, he said something to him (still working on trying to figure out what he said) then he say's to the man "I'M NOT SURE I CAN DO IT" I really think he was prepared to get on the stand today but it will be Monday. I think he keeps reading the bible asking god to forgive him for what he's about to do. If this is true and he does this I wonder if he can get into any trouble. But then again I don't think they care. There only focus is for Casey not to get the DP.

Just my opinion..............

I tried to read more of the video,but I can only make out George's saying ..right...He talks with his mouth half open and does not use his lips.I will say they do not look worried,but ICA does.hmm.I just read the above post about george saying I don't think I can do it..I have to go look again..

True, but even if it was when JS was involved, I'm sure HHJP knew all about the shenanigans going on, and as the head of that circuit court, may have wanted Mason plugged in as a preemptive measure, even before JS decided to recuse himself when it got out of hand (after listening to LKB's ridiculous diatribes recently on HLN about how HHJP is making mistakes and is biased, I'm wondering if she was the one who gave JB the idea to go after Strickland to begin with). This case has probably been a thorn in the side of the state since Day 31.

Even though I don't really like Mason I'm glad he's part of the DT. If nothing else he gives it some credibility to the defense making it harder to get an ineffective council ruling......

Maybe Casey is going to testify and they are going over things that pertain to that. I'm anxious to see her convicted and find out what the SA has for rebuttal.

I didn't see anyone at all crying today, and I've watched it live and then a second time taped on wesh where they showed GA and CA for quite a while, and iCA in close up.

ICA blew and picked her nose, threw out the tissue and was done with it - no tears, no eye wiping or poking. Just your average nose blow and then some digging around in her nose with the tissue. Face blank. Not even her horns were showing, no forehead wrinkles.

And then many minutes of ICA looking blankly at computer screens and chatting to DS next to her and then looking around as attorneys came in. She didn't look remotely upset, or happy, or anything. Her typical court face.

CA was in the gallery next to GA, and she was chatting very animatedly to the young man sitting on her other side (other side than GA). CA smiled a lot in that conversation. GA looked bored, perhaps serious and lost in thought at times, blew his nose as if he had allergies or something -not continuously, just once or twice, and was chatting and gesturing totally normally around the courtroom, or staring blankly, or looking at something in his lap (bible?).

If someone cried, it wasn't on the WESH broadcast.

Thanks so much Ami. It was in the first 25 pages of this thread, I can't remember where or who and I'm too brain drained to go back and look it up. It did make me wonder...Maybe it was yesterday...don't know will try to find it later..thanks again.

That picture is just plain weird. Why would anyone want a picture like that, it doesn't even show a face. I have 3 boys and have never been tempted to snap a photo of their backs while closing my sliding door.

There is one big thing that jumps out at me..and it is those "High Top" athletic boot style shoes worn?..But regardless, I was under the impression that CA or any of the A's for that matter used digital camera's..would this photo in order to be admitted need to have some sort of "Time Stamp"?? to verify its authenticity.. Im not so sure someone saying, yeah thats a picture of Caylee opening the sliding door???..Yikes!! Didnt the SA not inroduce alot of photo's because they couldnt be authenticated or had time dates?...

Just too odd for my liking and doesnt pass the smell test...especially during testimony being rather questionable as to its voracity:banghead:

Oh yeah, that picture of Caylee on the steps of the pool dont prove anything..Caylee could easily have been placed there as a pose...I would like to have a video showing the whole sequences of how Caylee got there etc...

CA and LA sure did something obvious yesterday, and it does appear they were shown to have changed, and altered things to help ICA...Ohhh guess it doesnt come as any surprise as they have spent the last 3 years defending their daughter/sister..so its really nothing new!!

I am looking foreward to rebuttal by the State..It is going to set the record straight:innocent:

Even though I don't really like Mason I'm glad he's part of the DT. If nothing else he gives it some credibility to the defense making it harder to get an ineffective council ruling......

I just hope him being part of the team is enough to keep that from happening..

i think photos of what the tops of our desks look at this time would be extremely interesting.

Yeah well I'll allow pictures but don't touch that elderly piece of pizza there at the back left because I am currently doing a research paper on it!!:floorlaugh:

This was amazing ..and they did seek justice ..however this case is different and with saying that thanks for link ..I can see the mindset now of ICA DT ..more than ever..

YouTube - ‪Pat McGuinness‬‏
especially the all the handcuff questions

This case is the polar opposite of KC's case. I learned so much about Ann F. by watching this movie and was moved to tears repeatedly.

This case (in the documentary) embodies the motivation of "SOME" defense attorney's....BUT not all!!!!

I'm not sure if this info has already been posted (I'm only on page 14 of 66) but haven't seen anything about it myself so I thought that I'd share. Apologies if this info has already been shared.

*From today's live chat located at http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28355538/detail.html

9:06
[Comment From CindyOrlando]
Tony-could you briefly summize Cindy's work /phone schedule in news report? Sorry I missed it

9:08
Tony Pipitone:
CindyOrlando, we found phone records showing Cindy did not call George at work after coming home from work on June 16, as she testified to, and that she did not just put down 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week on work schedule, as she testified she did during days of chloroform searches in March, when she now says she was home.

It's hard to tell. There was another argument between JA and JB about JB trying to sneak in new opinions from his expert in violation of the rules of discovery and HHJP said he would review the depo and the report and the new visual aids just handed to the state to see if they matched. JB, despite his blustering that JA was making things up, did not like that and said he would offer testimony without the offending visual aids or without the info JA claimed was "new". JB stated: "He has plenty to say [without that]."

But HHJP wasn't having that and said he would review before this next expert testified. I think he doesn't trust JB at all since JB has violated before.

Then CM uttered something hard to hear and there was a sidebar. It appears to have been on another issue. Then, the defendant and her team went into the back room and I guess then HHJP joined them WITHOUT the state or a court reporter, which is highly, highly unusual.

After awhile, they all came out and HHJP announced that trial was recessed until Monday.

People are speculating that there is a problem with the lawyers for the defense. There are some other speculations that are not probable since those, like discovery issues, evidentiary issues or complaints about witness tampering, would necessarily include the state in chambers.

IMO Baez looked like a school kid trying to bluff his way out of trouble.
He REALLY didn't want HH to read the depo and the report.
I don't think that's why HH recessed for today,but it may be connected to whatever CM wanted to discuss.
I also recall when Rodriguez was taken off the witness stand until a depo was done,HH told the jury that they were acommidating an out of town witness. That wasn't completely true..............I'm just sayin':innocent:

Well I've been wondering for awhile if JB was just dragging out all his direct and cross so he could log in more hours in some Dickensian paid-by-the-word strategy to count for his DP qualification.

But something else has been kinda bugging me all along and I hope you will indulge me. While CM certainly knows some of the details of this case, like any other member of the DT team, I'm sure JB lied and gave him a dog and pony show about a lot of things. I have a feeling that many of his DT started jumping ship when details of JB's complete and total lack of ethics were slowly discovered. If CM found out that JB did something really disgusting (other than the typical discovery violation stuff he is pulling) maybe he decided to pull the plug before this could be a mistrial. I don't think JB tells his team any more than he needs to and hopes they don't discover all his misdeeds on their own.

The SA the other day published a discovery list that included the DC depo which was taken in March, IIRC. I have a theory about that being a shot across the bow to JB by the state if he wants to go after RK. Like JA saying "bring it!" yesterday. I know that LP's insistence of a "daisy chain" left all of us nuts. But it did leave me wondering all these months. There are only two times we've seen JB lose it. One was when he wanted the jailhouse tape of him and ICA after she found out the body had been discovered completely destroyed and anyone who witnessed it permanently barred from discussing it. Allegedly she was going nuclear and he was crying. That made me think perhaps she was mad at him for something he had promised her that did not happen. The other was when DC and JH were discovered to have filmed their little expedition looking for the body. JB went ballistic and insisted on special masters for his interview and used work product privilege to try to prevent LE from even interviewing him, much less having a depo taken. I speculated like many that, if there were indeed a daisy chain, it might have come through JB, who told DC where the body was and instructed him to find someone innocuous, like a civil servant to find the body while she was still in jail. RK may have simply been given a tip by DC that there was something suspicious in that area he should look at - and maybe a reminder that there was a nice reward. So RK called it in in August, the 11, 12 and 13. Three times in a row made me think he was pretty sure. But then she gets bonded out and it all dies down. Then in mid-November suddenly DC wakes up RH and gets him out of bed saying he knows where the body is and we all know how that turned out. Then three weeks later, RK is assigned back to the area and immediately calls it in again, as if he had been reminded (let me be clear, I don't think RK is guilty of anything at all). If there were not a connection to JB in all this aftermath, why did he go on an immediate campaign to investigate RK and dig up the kind of dirt that would ruin both his character and credibility after the fact? Why did he go to such great lengths to tie the person who found Caylee's remains to the crime and use sleazy tactics to impugn his credibility? JB is gonna have to deal with the RK issue soon and the state may be prepared to bring on DC to shed light on that deal. If JB is in any way involved with that and CM found out about it at this late hour, he may have decided to completely pull the plug on him before it's too late and all of this is entered into the record and there really is reason for a mistrial. If CM's whole raison d'etre was to babysit this joker and make sure he does not jeapordize not only the defendant's rights but the taxpayers, then this would be the time he would stand up and say something. Even if he is sick.

By leaving DS out to babysit ICA during the last part of the meeting, it makes me think somehow that those who think CM is all over JB are right. I am now curious as to WHEN KB heard CM yelling coming from behind closed doors. Was it early on or later in the game? Was the SA in with them then or not? The time it occurred might be revealing. And the fact that JB jumps onto HLN saying his is DP qualified is certainly telling for either theory. Gosh I hate that we have to swim in speculation for the whole rest of the weekend. Thanks to SOTS though for giving us something interesting to watch!

This is a fascinating post

Thank you :)

Thanks so much Ami. It was in the first 25 pages of this thread, I can't remember where or who and I'm too brain drained to go back and look it up. It did make me wonder...Maybe it was yesterday...don't know will try to find it later..thanks again.

Yeah, I saw the twitters about it too - I think it was Magpie from Hinky who was getting word that all 3 were crying. There was tons of twitter speculation going back and forth about it. I just watched the WESH archive from today and didn't see it, but it's possible cameras were on ICA or GA/CA when wesh's weren't.

Some tweets said DT looked worried, some said they had poker faces, some said CM was yelling, some said he was laughing (maybe it was both at different times, who knows) -- some twitterers said other twitterers were exaggerating... lol.

I know George asks him a question,but I can not read what he is saying..does anyone know if there is a clearer video of this?

BBM

Well, here's a theory. What if Baez knew the testimony Cindy and Lee gave was not true and he put them on the stand knowing it was lies. That is a big NO NO. Mason might have found out and said I will not be a part of this. It's one thing to know what a witness will say on the stand and have them testify but not know it is not true. It's quite a different and severely legal issue for an attorney to put a witness on the stand full well knowing that their testimony is a lie.

All just my speculation and opinion

I had a similar thought. Mason is the one that said he had an issue that needed a sidebar. He and Baez looked to be arguing, while JA and LDB were covering up smiles. Casey was weepy.

Mason, unlike Baez, is smart enough to realize that the SA will eventually gain access to info from Gentiva about Cindy's work history on those days.

Mason also picked up on SA's questioning of Lee, when he asked what it was Lee was bringing to the DT. If Mason looked into it and found something illegal then I think he would want to get far away from it now. I mean if Lee made a deal, drop the accusations against me, and I will point the finger at my dad, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper