2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motion won't be sealed the dr's evals will. I want to read that motion haha.

My suspicion is that Mason finally had his head spinning with all Casey's ridiculous claims and lies and thought to himself "there is something seriously wrong with this woman, she is not in her right mind and how can she help us with her defense when we keep getting told things that are later or immediately easily proven to be outright lies. What competent person would think they can do this in a trial where they will be easily proven to be false? How are we supposed to defend someone like this? She is clearly incompetent to effectively help with her defense". IMO

bbm

Me thinks CA should've had one done on her too! Not that it would in any way change the outcome of the trial (or even be used during the trial) but just for the heck of it.

Psych meds do not work that quickly, at least not the type she needs...lol
I think that ICA is happy because of all the drama she caused, she received lots of attention and the spotlight is back on her, this trial and all of the media attention is all about Casey and when it starts to veer off of she does something to bring it back, don't forget it's all about me!, I'm a victim too.

Expect more modsnipery throught the trial. :maddening:

It's my understanding that sociopathy is not treatable, with meds or otherwise.

Why do I think that a plea was offered and because of her turning it down they then asked for the eval.

Defense seems like they are stalling. This is a waste of money. moo

Remember the side bar from the other day and KC expressed first surprise and then showed anger while pointing a finger at Mason?

Wonder if Mason said in that side bar that she was incompetent (or had psychiatric issues that needed to be eval'ed?)

Just a thought, it really doesn't matter. :)

I read an interesting tweet from an atty in Trial thread who stated that a Defense Team may sometimes file Motion for Competency when the defendant either CHANGES HER STORY or provides new information during the course of the trial...

Which leads me to wonder if this whole thing that transpired Sat morning was not sparked by Casey now changing her story about the whole sex abuse thing, and possibly the drowning, which left the defense team with absolutely NOTHING to work with (after making promises to jury in opening) and Mason said ENOUGH.....and pushed Jose into filing this motion regarding competency....

Makes sense to me...would give Team Defense a way out of this mess they created with opening statement....

... Looks like she is not that great of an Actor, and they found her Competent to stand Trial.

However this more than likely this cost well over $10,000 to the Florida Tax payers.

And I am one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing more like $30,000. Sorry Florida! :(

Bill S says anything from misplaced emotion to not helping with defense could have prompted request

I don't believe so...it's sealed and will remain sealed...too bad though, I wanted to read how cruel, vindictive and sadistic she is...and she is one to hold a grudge...this would go against her 'innocent' theories...:maddening:

I could have sworn I heard the clerk ask if the competency report was sealed and Judge said, "no, it's public record and can't be sealed... at least not for now." I said to my co-worker, "Hmmmm, that thing will be out hot off the presses shortly." She heard the same thing I did. But perhaps we were wrong.

So, is the competency eval strategy? Or, is it because they didn't get LA to "say it", that ICA wanted to take the stand...they didn't want her to (for obvious reasons)....and they thought that by having her evaluated, they'd get results back that would prove they were right & shouldn't take the stand but, if so, isn't it amusing that all three came to the same conslusion?

If this is the case, ICA is happy because "she showed them" she was right....she may have just made the worse decision in her life....thoughts?

I am thinking you could be correct. I think CM is the one who saw this going down the tubes....I think he sees JB incompetance and his client is a competent nutbar.

ICA must have showed remorse or contrition to some degree and JB interpreted that to mean ICA had snapped and asked the HHJP to get her eval .. you have to admit she did show emotion during LA testimony.... Probably stuned the whole DT. Plus I think they really want to bolster there abuse claims and get some psych eval in.

I think Casey shut down the torture of her brother, who I do think she cares about.

I feel like this is another one of those days where JB is going NO WHERE. I don't see the point of any of this other than to ATTEMPT to make YM look like a liar.

JB looks like:

Ever see Peter Pan, the grampa goes around saying "Where are my marbles? I've lost my marbles".

Makes me think of Fight Club... that Pixie's song "Where is my mind". Brad P.s character is a multiple his other self has no idea exists.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhA4DfmxvuM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhA4DfmxvuM&feature=related[/ame]

They need more psych people working in Orange County. She's gaming. I knew it was her that caused the downtime. She started up early. Dollars to donuts none of them visited her Friday night..

You learned from the best!!!!!!! Manson and so on...................LOL

So, Dr. Furton got off the stand and kind of wandered toward the door. The defense team went about their business and ignored him. Isn't that a little rude?

Hope all the talking heads like the taste of crow. There will be lots served up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal