2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't the defense mention the August calls by Kronk? Did he make them? If I am juror, I am wondering like crazy why the state does not want this info known...

Did the jury know about the motion for competency?

o/t for my Illinois peeps Blago verdicts are in - to be announced between 1 and 2 this afternoon - they reached a verdict on 18 counts, hung on 2.

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!

I think they're just getting it on the record to reflect why they've decided to advise her not to testify. But who nows for sure?

Love this tweet:

RichardHornsby

Pretty surethat as Baez responded to Ashton's objection Saturday, Mason thought to himself: "This chick has to be crazy to have hired him!"
4 minutes ago via web from Orlando, FL

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!
IIRC...she had dark circles under her eyes on Saturday. For all we know she had a really bad night and it was reported to her attorneys.

AF is there for Motion about death penalty. Required Motion.

The psych evals were just Ordered, they only take a few hours for what was being asked.

AF is there for more than just the motion or it appears so with her attending the sidebar discussions. IMO

Also, the psych evals, while perhap short in time to do and complete, two of them were not done until Sunday. There is no way to have known on Saturday what they were going to say.

IMO

Is it just me? ICA has been extremeeeeeely animated today in court. Lots of physical gesturing and dramatic expressions. She seems quite smug about something or kinda "CAt that ate the canary" in appearance...............what could it be?

Oh yeah, are they done with Charlie Brown's teacher yet? Bwa Bwa Bwa Bwa Bwa.........

My last comment reminds me of something that really bothers me. Everyone always saying ICA waited 31 days to report her daughter missing. She didn't. She was sort of forced into it by her mother, who was the one to make the report.

If CA hadn't, ICA never would have reported her daughter missing. That just irritates me so much. I hope the jury is reminded of this.
Yeah I've said that too. ICA would have just kept on going with her life like it already was. Pretty sickening.

Bill Shaeffer commented on AF's presence in the court room today. He's surprised to see her in the guilt phase as she's always reserved for the penalty phase, which is her expertise - mitigation. He said she may be over-exposed if a participant in the guilt phase too, and the jury is going to wonder why all of a sudden at this late in the trial there's a new attorney. Although they'll remember AF from jury selection, they will also remember that her questions at that time were aimed at the death penalty.

So is Dr. Fulton stating he believes Caylee was sedated with high concentrations of Velvetta? jmo

It bugs that the DT/TH keep hammering that, LE had "tunnel vision" and only focused on ICA, and nobody else well...the 31 days and the lies would make that a possibility. ugh

Casey writing away. Non stop. Guess she's capable of assisting in her own defense. Ya think?? We needed drs to tell is this? #caseyanthony
17 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Why can't the defense mention the August calls by Kronk? Did he make them? If I am juror, I am wondering like crazy why the state does not want this info known...

No one has yet testified that can prove these calls were made. (i.e. Kronk himself, someone who actually took the call, etc.) They are not yet in evidence. Until they are, a witness can not be asked about them.

Someone "knowing about them" is not the same as entering them into evidence. Hence, the "Objection - assumes facts not in evidence" or "objection - Hearsay".

IMO

So is Dr. Fulton stating he believes Caylee was sedated with high concentrations of Velvetta? jmo

That would certainly explain the 1500 empty velveeta boxes found in the trash. ;)

(Okay, maybe only 4, but who eats even THAT much velveeta in a week?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214