2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this new attorney, Finnell. She's easier to listen to than the other ones, doesn't meander, gets to a point.

I wasn't very impressed with the day's questioning though. I think I was supposed to have my great "OMG the meter reader did it, Caylee wasn't there in November" moment today but it fell sadly flat and I came away with the knowledge that:

-JB had hired a private investigator to search for a drowned child
-said investigator was in contact with Casey
-said investigator poked around the place where Caylee's remains were eventually found
-the search seems to have been rather half hearted. IIRC they said they spent 10-15 minutes in the woods.
-there was a fallen tree in their video but I'm not sure it was the same one. There may have been more than one after a hurricane.

What was the toilet and the umbrella talk about? Do they place these men in the same area Caylee was found or elsewhere?

-JB had to point out that he didn't pay JH for his video, which immediately gets me thinking about all sorts of other financial arrangements they might have had

Well, actually, if they didn't see the Disney bag and didn't find the baby, I guess the DT sees this as a victory that the jury will assume that both were not there in November. I was wondering why they wanted to get all of that stuff in. so there you are.
I think it has pretty much failed, as I don't think the jury will think either one of these guys could find their way out of a Disney bag. But, you take your small victories when you can. JB was even laughing at his witness. So, I doubt the jury can take it seriously. jmo and all that jazz:crazy:

Do you think he's had his fill of ICA and took off? Especially after her temper tantrum!! Maybe he's seeing the writing on the wall and wants out before it's too late?

I dont know, again I wasn't here today and certainly didn't watch the trial. My original post was jumping off of someone else's post. I have no idea if CM was there or not today. That is why I was asking. I would think it would be a bombshell, but nobody is really saying anything.

Question: Was ICA laughing and joking and happy as a clam this am because she thought she convinced the psychologists she was crazy? She didn't knwo until HHJP announced she was competent what the findings were, right? (I had mtgs all day today and missed a lot!)

This is my first one - and I doubt I'll watch another.

I'm currently waiting for Stefano Dimera to jump out of the woodwork.

Thank you for the laugh--I really needed it after watching this circus all day, and I missed Stefano :floorlaugh:

Question: Was ICA laughing and joking and happy as a clam this am because she thought she convinced the psychologists she was crazy? She didn't knwo until HHJP announced she was competent what the findings were, right? (I had mtgs all day today and missed a lot!)

What I don't get is why didn't bring this incompetency issue up before this? Why all of a sudden?

I dont know, again I wasn't here today and certainly didn't watch the trial. My original post was jumping off of someone else's post. I have no idea if CM was there or not today. That is why I was asking. I would think it would be a bombshell, but nobody is really saying anything.

He was definitely there earlier. But, he has left early a few times last week.

I haven't been able to watch this all day long. Were the two guys even video taping at the spot where Caylee was found or not? What I took from tuning in a little while ago is that they did not dig into the leaves or down into the muck, so they didn't really search. They were just looking around knowing the conditions that had gone on in that area with hurricane and tropical storm.

You got it...not much of a search...but the good news is DC said there was "flowing water" in the area, and that neither CA nor GA told him to search. He also had access to JB & ICA....so, despite the bumbling, a few good things

the videos, from what I heard were clearly not in the same location where Caylee was found and the third time DC went there was no video but supposedly he was closer. But seeing their testimony I'm not sure how reasonable it would be for the jury to conclude if these two didn't find her it means she wasn't there. Plus, the whole thing is super hinky-the psychic sent them there and that's where she really was and he had contact with ICA and JB...hmmmm not sure the jury will buy this "story"

Well, actually, if they didn't see the Disney bag and didn't find the baby, I guess the DT sees this as a victory that the jury will assume that both were not there in November. I was wondering why they wanted to get all of that stuff in. so there you are.
I think it has pretty much failed, as I don't think the jury will think either one of these guys could find their way out of a Disney bag. But, you take your small victories when you can. JB was even laughing at his witness. So, I doubt the jury can take it seriously. jmo and all that jazz:crazy:

Was I hearing things or did AF say the defense was going to rest tomorrow? HHJP asked her when they wanted their motion to be heard, and he said Wed or Thurs morning or after the defense case rests. AF mumbled something about resting.

my ears perked up when I heard Finnell say they would "rest" too ... but she was talking about they would "rest" on what they wrote in their filing of the Motion about DP being unconsitutional and would not have to give much oral argument when they have the hearing about it on Wednesday or Thursday after the day's testimony is concluded.

If DT doesn't call GA, then I think it shows he is not going to go down with all this bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8