2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, but wait! This new opinion/ruling just came out last week! Why should a trial already in progress be affected??? Seems to me, they missed the boat... KWIM?

Wonder if all the joviality put forth by ICA and DT this am is simply a show of bravado and deflection for all the speculation over the weekend.

Surely Judge Perry would be prepared for this motion. He should've anticipated this would happen, imo.

Let's get going.....UGH!

It looked to me like she was reading, not texting. Could see her eyes going back and forth on something bigger than a cell phone.

Suddenly SOME defense attorneys are all about getting guilty people off scott free. The good ones still want to see justice done they just want to make sure that it is done correctly so that everyone's rights are preserved.

That is in the best interest of everyone.

so right....never meant to cast dispersions on all def attorneys

but I think a case like OJ shows how broken that system has become

BS says that AF wants the jury dismissed based on this ruling, but they won't be.

I think HHJP will bend over backwards to keep this from going into mistrial. I just want to make sure HHJP does what he needs to do to keep this iron clad.

She shouldn't be allowed to text...who could she be texting? CA? LA? definately not GA....those are her only circle of supporters left....who and why hasn't anyone told the judge....JMHO

She's not texting, she's reading a legal brief. Multiple tweets have confirmed this so it's best to stop assuming she's texting.

This was the case:

Miami judge ruled a week or so ago:

Paul E. Evans was convicted of killing a man in exchange for a stereo, a camcorder and some insurance money, according to court documents. The judge ruled that because the death penalty is an "enhanced" sentence under Florida law, it contrasts with the Supreme Court's ruling on Ring vs. Arizona, which found that the Sixth Amendment requires that a jury find "enumerated aggravating factors" for enhanced sentencing.

Judge Jose Martinez, in his ruling on the Miami case, argued that the defendant has no way of knowing whether the jury found the same aggravating factors as the judge -- who ultimately decides whether any of those circumstances constitute death -- because the findings are not explicit.

Aggravating circumstances, under Florida law, include disrupting law enforcement, felony murder, a great risk to many people, a victim less than 12 years of age, and anything that is perceived by the court as heinous, atrocious or cruel.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28367402/detail.html#ixzz1QTxlXsbY

BBM

No problem here. ICA has got all these covered except the "great risk to many people" part. Of course, should she ever be free, she would finish the job she started on her family. Can't see the jury or HHJP would have any doubt or conflict of opinion over the other OBVIOUS aggravating factors.

Why am I getting the blue screen of death from Wesh? Oh there it is, back now. Ten minutes to make my breakfast of oatmeal and strawberries and nothing has happened. Who said the A's look happy - they look apprehensive to me.
Here's the team back...

The longer this trial draws out, the shorter the deliberations will be.

I agree! If there is anyway they can get this done before this weekend, this jury will be able to celebrate Independence Day twofold!

KerryNBC‎
"The only plea the judge would accept from #CaseyAnthony would be guilty of murder. That is NOT a plea DEALl. It's a plea."
Twitter - 3 minutes ago

#CaseyAnthony My sense is the delay is over more than Finnell motion. Multiple sources confirm her upcoming mistrial request.by bobkealing via twitter at 9:28 AM

If I were the judge I would not grant a mistrial based on AF's pleading re: the new ruling on the DP. Since the trial is so far along I would take my chances and keep moving along with this case. I do not think the case will get reversed. I am surprised the judge is taking all this time re: this ruling. What the heck is going on??

The DP was in place when ICA murdered little Caylee. Should still apply to her.

I don't think so. Charlie Mansion was convicted when at time when CA still had DP. He was sentenced to death. Death Penalty was knocked down to LWOP, when CA reinstated CM remained LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member