2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror #4 shouldn't have been on this jury. :maddening:

ITA but I think (am hoping) that the jury just might surprise us given the clownery the DT has put on so far :)

Last night on Nancy Grace (ugh! I hate having to watch her) they were acting like Casey herself told her team that she thought she was mentally ill and Casaras was agreeing with her. I don't get it. I thought the lawyers were alarmed because of some of her alleged behavior. Anyone?

Also, NG get referring to Dominic Casey as "the defense PI," when it was my understanding that by the time they did that tape, he no longer worked for Baez. Am I wrong here?

Lasting, I assume that ICA meants Casey Anthony, but why ICA?

Good Morning All!:seeya:
I used to LOVE NG until I started reading up on the truths of this case at WS and now I am amazed and befuddled as to how the THs can get away with spewing such nonsense!
Thank God for WS making an honest woman of me! :rocker:

Totally agree. I'm assuming she'll be the last defense witness called.
Yesterday afternoon/evening was quite the freek show. I didn't know a thing about Hoover & Casey. IMO, they didn't help the defense at all. I do think they helped the state in so far as it showed Baez & the Anthonys were surounded by people from the fringe of society & the whole lot of them can't be trusted.

We should see Roy Kronk today, no ? I already feel sorry for him.

I think he's going to hold up well. By the end of his testimony, he will be another Caylee hero. If it wasn't for Kronk, who knows if she would ever be found. I have faith the pros will do all they can to make sure the jury knows that!

Good morning, all.

My thoughts about yesterday....if the DT was trying to prove that DC/JH searched the exact spot and no body was there in NOvember.....Is that what they were trying to prove?? Because I am totally confused.....my only thought as a juror would be WHO GAVE THEM THE INFORMATION TO SEARCH THAT SPOT, IF NOT CASEY??? and I ain't buying a psychic.

Just watched an interview with Susan Constintine (jury consultant and body language expert) who has been in the Anthony gallery watching the jurors. She said she thinks there are 7 who are Pro-prosecution, juror #4 appears to be Pro-Defense, and unfortunately the ones who are taking such excellent notes are the alternates.

I don't put much stock in body language interpretations. I saw this woman's interpretation of GA when he was asked "THE" question, and I totally disagree that he appeared guilty. If you know an innocent man who's been accused od sexual abuse (as I do), he responded exactly as a proud man who's been humiliated and falsely accused before the entire world! I think he exerted extreme control not leaping up and tearing out Baez' throat!

Oh, here's something that happened yesterday I wonder if anyone else took note of and said "Oh, JA, give it a rest." When Jose was asking the guy about the tobacco residue on the can, and he confirmed that most of it was on the outside, JB joked to the effect that "He must have been a lousy shot." JA piped up, "Objection, calls for speculation!" Come on, is this guy on speed or somethng? I in no way am a JB supporter, but JA is started to act like Hawkeye on MASH when he's had no sleep!

I must admit it was a pleasure watching and listening to Ann Finnel (even though she's not on Caylee's team). She's a real professional. I don't think we'd have the circus atmosphere if she was the lead attorney.

I'm really impressed with her also, she brought a calm and generous helping of trust with her when she walked into that court room. I also think she has taken over CMs role of mentor, and if yesterday was anything to go by she has improved his demenor.

Good Morning All!:seeya:
I used to LOVE NG until I started reading up on the truths of this case at WS and now I am amazed and befuddled as to how the THs can get away with spewing such nonsense!
Thank God for WS making an honest woman of me! :rocker:

NG also misrepresents a LOT! When CA mouthed "I loved you" to ICA, I saw ICA's reaction, and it was in NO WAY anything like the dramatic eye rolling and head shaking that NG described that night.

And last night she was commenting on ICA's ability to change from an angry face to a calm one in a second. Like she's one to talk! She can turn from a shrieking shrew to a simpering "Now, let us remember...." in a nano second! I heard that she provoked Elizabeth Smart to call her a b...h. Now, when you can provide a church-going, sweet kid like her to call you that, well, I think it's self-explanatory.

BTW.. I'm having lots of trouble with WESH 2 this morning (I live in FL and have it as an HD channel). I'm thinking the live feed may be having similar problems later (possibly) so you may want to arrange for a Plan B if WESH is your venue for viewing the trial!
Let's hope all goes smoothly though.....

I'm really impressed with her also, she brought a calm and generous helping of trust with her when she walked into that court room. I also think she has taken over CMs role of mentor, and if yesterday was anything to go by she has improved his demenor.

I quite agree. I was thrilled to see her. She is direct, to the point, and she doesn't mumble! I also think she's had a positive effect on ICA.

I don't believe for one minute what the th's are saying, that Casey is possibly insisting to take the stand, I think the mental evaluations were a last ditch effort to get a mistrial because they know she cannot take the stand and they have no way possible to prove their theory. She may try to but I highly doubt it. She has been an over indulged enabled spoiled selfish brat, but I don't think she will try to take on the prosecution.

AF is still shooting for a mistrial with her motion, don't think that is anymore than another waste of time.

If Casey ever cared about anyone in her life I believe it was Lee, possibly she shut down any more torture of him and they threw up their hands, her emotion for him was real.. can you imagine her on the stand having to outright accuse him?

ICA doesn’t seem to have any natural affection that I’m aware of. I saw her tears while LA was on the stand as manipulation and tears for herself since he didn’t help her defense all that much. For her to be able to murder her own innocent child and carry on like Caylee never existed precludes her being capable of any true feelings for her pathetic brother IMO. She’s as cold as ice and only cares when it benefits number 1.

:seeya:

Good morning, everyone!

Hope this will be a good day in court for Caylee.

Good morning America, says Kronk will be on the stand today. The man who found her.
Showing video from yesterday and they are saying that could help KC DF because those bumbling idiots did not find her body. (my words)
Nancy G saying talking about KC's smiling attitude yesterday.
NG saying judge not happy with putting trial off on Saturday for competency tests.
NG said KC is crazy like a fox.
Talking about the Kronk theory.
Dan A and Nancy G is saying DF theory is crazy.
Saying DF made there bed in opening statements and now they have to lay in it.
That's all Folks

Good morning, all.

My thoughts about yesterday....if the DT was trying to prove that DC/JH searched the exact spot and no body was there in NOvember.....Is that what they were trying to prove?? Because I am totally confused.....my only thought as a juror would be WHO GAVE THEM THE INFORMATION TO SEARCH THAT SPOT, IF NOT CASEY??? and I ain't buying a psychic.

You are so right about the psychic bit. To each their own with their beliefs.. My sister in law makes a living out of being a psychic, but there are some people who just do not, and will not believe in them. As soon as they hear it they think "quack"... I do not thing the DT should have thrown that in the mix... adds to the "out there" factor of their case! If there is a person on this jury who thinks pyschics are quacks then they dismissed the whole theory of him being on the phone with one. Or that a psychic was the one who brought them to Caylees resting spot.

Good Morning all!! Will be interesting to see what today brings. Roy Kronk on the stand should be interesting ... I really feel sorry for him. I'm wondering if Baez is going to call his ex-wife and estranged son to the stand to further throw mud at him. I suppose DT needs to call GA also if they even want to attempt to continue their ridiculous defense theory.. I *do* think ica is going to take the stand before everything is said and done. I'm sure she thinks she can 'charm' the jury and get at least one of them to believe her lies.. she's arrogant enough to think she could pull it off... It will be must see tv to say the least if she does take the stand. Fasten those seat-belts, guys... I think we're in for a crazy ride the next couple of days.

I think he's going to hold up well. By the end of his testimony, he will be another Caylee hero. If it wasn't for Kronk, who knows if she would ever be found. I have faith the pros will do all they can to make sure the jury knows that!

I sincerly hope the defense is not allowed to bring up one single aspect of his past. Being poor/broke & having ex wives/gf's doesn't make one "moraly bankrupt". I'm thinking about the moraly bankrupt attact on AH as a drunken *advertiser censored*. I think Baez is going to make a lot of people want to puke when he questions Kronk.

We have several posters who include the different links when court is in session - and by now, most of us have our favorite. I watch the media player one, but if I am having trouble with it, I just go to the sticky that Chiquita71 posted with the links. That way I don't have to panic and post a request for help.

The trial threads are to cover what is happening during the trial. It is meant for people who can't watch live, to get an idea of what is happening in the courtroom. It isn't meant to be a Q&A, or discussion.

There are many topical threads, if you have a specific question. Also, this sidebar thread is open before, after, and during breaks. You can probably ask your questions here. Sidebars are more for letting off steam and discussion of what happened during the trial.

Hope that helps.

:welcome:

Okay, thanks a bunch. Now I understand. One last thing. I do short commentaries (400) worlds for Yahoo on this occasionally. Am I permitted to post links here?

I'm rewatching DC's cross yesterday because I missed it to cook dinner...

I feel so bad for FG... This is painful.

Good morning everyone!

smileySun.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members