2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing was just ... weird.

Both of them were so bizarre that I found myself zoning out and watching a show on tv while the trial was streaming on my pc. I realized at the end of D.Casey testimony that I had no idea what either of the two had said and thought I should perhaps get caught up on forum posts. After reading a few posts, I couldn't bring myself to go back later in the evening and watch the recorded testimony.

I have to wonder how many jurors went to their rooms last night and wondered "now what did they say?". :floorlaugh:

I understand what purpose the DT intended for them to serve but my goodness, you couldn't have asked for two more odd people to try to bolster your argument that Caylee was moved there a date later than these two were there. One (Hoover) seemed to talk so fast that I immediately got suspicious of almost everything he was saying. Some of it just made no sense until I just quit listening. D.Casey was so careful in what he said that I felt like he was obviously withholding pertinent information. Again, I quit listening when I thought he'd never say anything of any consequence unless he accidentally said it.

It was really hard to watch DC's testimony. I don't think Mr. George did a very good job. He didn't speak up for the witness to hear, DC kept misunderstanding, Mr. George at one point got confused. It all seemed very disorganized.

I just this morning re-watched the tape from yesterday. I thought FG was incredibly clear and loud, he over-enunciated every word once he realized DC was hard of hearing, he kindly took the blame for every misunderstanding due to DC's deafness, and he walked DC through each day's "search" in slow motion, then again, then again with the diagram and pen so there could be no mistake about what DC was trying to communicate.

I think that was very important because DC could have been a strong defense witness if he had actually done a thorough search of the actual remains site. FG was able to elicit the information 3 times, very clearly, in chronological order, with visual aids, that DC was not at the remains site and did not do a thorough search. And he did so in a respectful way that did not stomp on a deaf, befuddled man's dignity.

It was really hard to watch DC's testimony. I don't think Mr. George did a very good job. He didn't speak up for the witness to hear, DC kept misunderstanding, Mr. George at one point got confused. It all seemed very disorganized.

Mr. Casey gave the everyone a very hard time about giving a deposition. He fought it legally. Obviously yesterday Mr. Casey had SELECTIVE hearing to his advantage. Funny how during DC's statement to LE he seemed to hear just fine. DC clearly does not want to be "Kronked". jmo

Our friend LP was on Dr Drew last night (with VP hosting) and he's sticking to his story that Kronk knew where precious Caylee's body was because of his g/f overhearing Casey telling Baez!

Anyone think that Baez must have made good on the monies owed to Mr Casey given his testimony yesterday? It seemed he was very willing and able to help the defense and yet he had selective hearing issues with the prosecutors.

Also what do you think the jury made of the fact the Baez would actually hire someone like Mr Casey as an investigator?

Just saw one of ICA's former defense team members on the Today show (I'm sorry, I don't recall her name)....literally made my blood boil....she was so sympathetic to ICA, explaining to us stupid viewers how "being in a trial like this, that has "mob-elements" (as in, mob-mentality, not the mafia) could make anyone suffer a mental break." All I could think was, "And whose fault is it that she's even on trial?" Ugh.

I read the transcripts of the police inteviews RC gave -- actually, I was really trying to find an explanation for her name...was she a performer? Exotic dancer, what?? But I found the answer. Anyway, what do you all make of her statements regarding whether or not all the A's knew exactly what happened to Caylee from pretty much the beginning? Is she to be believed? I know, I am horribly behind on research, but I"m trying!

I sincerly hope the defense is not allowed to bring up one single aspect of his past. Being poor/broke & having ex wives/gf's doesn't make one "moraly bankrupt". I'm thinking about the moraly bankrupt attact on AH as a drunken *advertiser censored*. I think Baez is going to make a lot of people want to puke when he questions Kronk.

Judge Perry ruled in January that the defense can't bring in prior bad acts. I'm not sure how they will prove he was morally bankrupt. I think if Baez will be the one to question Kronk, expect a few smackdowns by Judge Perry. Baez doesn't follow rules and he won't with Kronk that's for sure!

Good Morning all!! Will be interesting to see what today brings. Roy Kronk on the stand should be interesting ... I really feel sorry for him. I'm wondering if Baez is going to call his ex-wife and estranged son to the stand to further throw mud at him. I suppose DT needs to call GA also if they even want to attempt to continue their ridiculous defense theory.. I *do* think ica is going to take the stand before everything is said and done. I'm sure she thinks she can 'charm' the jury and get at least one of them to believe her lies.. she's arrogant enough to think she could pull it off... It will be must see tv to say the least if she does take the stand. Fasten those seat-belts, guys... I think we're in for a crazy ride the next couple of days.

I sincerly hope the defense is not allowed to bring up one single aspect of his past. Being poor/broke & having ex wives/gf's doesn't make one "moraly bankrupt". I'm thinking about the moraly bankrupt attact on AH as a drunken *advertiser censored*. I think Baez is going to make a lot of people want to puke when he questions Kronk.

The court already ruled, the DT cannot bring up prior bad acts...and I do hope they stick to it.

It appears the DT is trying their hardest to get that mistrial granted...AF filed a 105 page report on the DP being unconsititutional and added Ring vs Arizona to the mix...Isn't this putting the cart before the horse???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43547680/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/

Motion for mistrial
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28372543/detail.html

Judge Perry ruled in January that the defense can't bring in prior bad acts. I'm not sure how they will prove he was morally bankrupt. I think if Baez will be the one to question Kronk, expect a few smackdowns by Judge Perry. Baez doesn't follow rules and he won't with Kronk that's for sure!

ITA - He is going to try to sneak in anything he can.

Our friend LP was on Dr Drew last night (with VP hosting) and he's sticking to his story that Kronk knew where precious Caylee's body was because of his g/f overhearing Casey telling Baez!

What do all you Webbers think about that? I haven't followed from the beginning, 3 years ago. I think it sounds very plausible. Anyone out there with more knowledge of this situation? TIA.

Anyone think that Baez must have made good on the monies owed to Mr Casey given his testimony yesterday? It seemed he was very willing and able to help the defense and yet he had selective hearing issues with the prosecutors.

Also what do you think the jury made of the fact the Baez would actually hire someone like Mr Casey as an investigator?

As a juror, I'd be very suspicious.

Good morning everyone!

smileySun.gif

Awww, what a cute smiley face! :)

Raise your hand if you think JB will try to talk about the sexual abuse in his closing and there will be about a hundred objections as he dances around it trying to find an opening.

IANAL, but I believe he can't even mention it in closing since there has been no evidence entered about it. Right? Opening statements are not evidence?

I predict another law school lesson when we get to that point.

I've wondered the same thing. HHJP will NOT be happy if he tries to do this. IMO

He has given them notice already of what he expects them to follow by giving them Judge Ferrer's closing statement compendium. However, as we see time and time again Baez thinks rules and orders don't necessarily apply to him. I used to think he just didn't understand them but I've come to the conclusion that he just pretends he doesn't when it suits him to do so.

Now, if I were on a jury and saw the defense getting objected to during his closing statement, especially if the judge sustains them or depending on how bad it is, removes the jury so he can reprimand him, that WILL NOT go will with jury.

IMO

Good Morning Peeps !!

Heavenly Father We come to you in a like mind praying for justice of your child Caylee
Thank You for being in control of this situation and to bring justice to those who have sinned against You. Bring peace to our hearts and a clear mind to the Jury. Praying for the witnesses that truth will be revealed and justice for Caylee is the center point of court today.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

morning guys :loveyou:

the houses here have no screens or screen doors, so with the nice weather we got em all open and a random cat came in last night, left, then came back today and is now sleeping on the chair next to me.

I think cheeto sent her over :heartluv: because I love cats.

Wow! Very trusting souls there in the UK! I wish I could feel that safe in my home! :peace:
Glad u made a new friend! you should name him/her "random"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy