2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to watch the trial on HLN but sheesh the commercials! I can only imagine verdict say, We find the defendant....Ok folks looks like a good time to take a break.

Doesn't that just make you so mad!! Everytime it gets interesting - off to commercial! OMG - drives me completely nutty! :maddening:

CM: What was significant to you on August 11th?

RK: A dead rattlesnake.

That was pure bull.

Seriously. Weird priorities there. Not the possible remains that he called the police about several times? CM scored a point there.

That will happen later in the Kronk Connection thread.

I read just about everything I could find from Kronk, 911 interviews and so on. He is sticking pretty darn close I tell ya. Pretty close.

Either way, even an honest person can get sidetracked with a defense attorney being rude and misleading. I feel sorry for him. He didn't do anything wrong, even if he wanted the $$ he found her and he deserved it. It would be CRAZY to do anything with the body, literally crazy for anyone to do that knowing the consequences. You can't spend reward $$ in jail.

Let's pretend for the moment Kronk is coming across terribly. Actually, let's pretend he's a bad person.

How does that validate the DT's accusation that Kronk played hide and seek with Caylee's skeletonized remains?

Mason hasn't validated Baez's opening statement yet, and that's a problem. It's not evidence, but you can't unring a bell.

Because if he moved or touched or changed anything at all at the crime scene you can't trust that evidence.

I found it interesting that is was never about finding Caylee as far as Lee was concerned. It had to do with the power he had over his family. As soon as he learned they were not following the plan he layed out and doing the jobs he gave them he quit looking for Caylee and went back to work.

I don't know what to think about Lee. I think it is very clear that both Casey and Lee have some serious resentment towards their parents.

Confusing day for me so far.

GA and CA just not believable. Its almost as if they are trying to come across as everything is/was so peachy keen in that house from the moment they knew something was wrong. They never fought, they never had moments of pure anger or never thought ICA had done something with their grandbaby. Come on...denial. There has to be some psychiatric definition for that level of denial and wanting the public to think they are they good.

LA, pretty much tells the truth about arguments but it always turns around to he was 'out of the loop'. He probably was out of the loop because he wasn't willing to portray the family is so innocent, good and loving. That bothers me more than anything. During such an emotional time there are bound to be arguments, there are bound to be physical altercations. The amount of stress and emotion involved?

RK, poor guy probably never guessed. Did what he thought was right, called 911. Now, every word, action is under examination. Someone else said it better than I ever could..THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON"T GET INVOLVED.

I really hope the SA brings in information about the hurricane, the reward money and anything else that is the TRUTH. Not some spin off. I found it funny LDB said "if they stipulate the date' on the map when entering in to evidence. Had she not, the confusion would have beenRK did that map in Aug not DEC.

Yes, indeed.

My husband was in Orlando on business for the first half of August 2008. He left in a torrential downpour on the first day of Faye, he and a co worker drove back because of weather flight delays. Anyway, I was following this case and had told him about it and BEGGED him to take the time while he was there to go by the Anthony's, get pictures and do what he could.

He said no, didn't have time, and someone he was doing business with told him they had family by marriage "down the street" and that there were in his opinion a lot of places to hide a body (near the Anthony's). I suggested when he told me this on the phone that they go out and look. Now, I am so very thankful that he didn't. He reminds me of this every time he hears the name Ray Kronk.

Female talking head on In Session calls defense "rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic."

Probably because of her 'VIOLENT OUTRAGE' from Friday when she was in court.

The REAL ICA came out in court ... and too bad the Jury didn't see it !

It was on NG's show last night ... and posted here on WS on Saturday ..:great:

If the jury were looking at her at the time she did it then they saw it, the jury was in the room at the time, which is one reason why I believe Mason filed the competency motion.

I'm taking the kids to a resort tomorrow just for a couple days and I have no idea what I am going to do! I am bringing my laptop, but I can't sit around all day and watch. It's going to kill me if ICA gets on the stand Wednesday or Thursday. If they could put off putting her on stand until Friday I'd really appreciate it.

you can always watch the videos in their entirety after you put the little ones to sleep at night

Baez and Mason will be having a huddle session at lunch. They will talk about how Kronk is answering in ways that are contradictory to his previous testimonies. The DT team may change strategies about how to deal with the way RK is acting now. I wouldn't be surprised if they end with "subject to recall" and go after him further later today or tomorrow.

what time is lunch over with today?

In my opinion all of these lies from the Anthony's mean nothing or the body being moved, etc. I honestly believe (the only thing that I do believe from them)the Anthony's didn't have ANYTHING to do with Caylee's disappearance and death or knew anything about it. The bottom line and the thing the prosecution needs to hammer home at closing is 31 days and the partying......end of story.

Seriously. Weird priorities there. Not the possible remains that he called the police about several times? CM scored a point there.

I reacted to that too but thought about it a bit and thought maybe the first day it really wasn't that big of a deal. He wasn't sure what he saw, the other guys poo pooed him, the snake took over and when he got home his GF told him to call because she knew more about the case and the area he was in.

iCA needs to watch her behavior with the guards, she can be written up for it. She may think she is a TV star in front of those camera's but in reality she is accused of first degree murderer and an Orange County Fl Inmate. Once she leaves that Court House, she is back in her uniform. I am not sure if they have to allow her to sit in court, of if they can have her view it from a monitor, don't know the legality on it. I do know she can lose what ever privileges she may have such as going to the canteen. She cannot push around those guards the way she did her family and now her defense team.. she is not in control when it comes to regards to them. They are in control. :great:

I can see where you are coming from clu. As always I appreciate your insights too :)

If I were on the jury and had no or little prior knowledge about Kronk then I would wonder why his answers *appeared* to be brusque.

JMHO
Well, the jury knows that the DT accused him of taking Caylee's remains, then putting them back. If I'm a juror, I'm playing a little fill-in-the-blank and assuming he's angry at being accused of such a thing.

Geez, from the comments it appears no witness can win here regardless of how they testify. Just want to add, that neither GA nor RK asked for any of this. The DT, in their opening statement, --on national television--to be seared in the collective memories of millions of people--accused these two men of horrible, vile things. I know it, and anyone with half a brain knows that none of what was said was true. How would you then react when questioned by the DT member who vilified you publicly? If it were me, they would have to shackle me to ensure I didn't jump off the stand and ***** slap the DT member who was questioning me.

Word! :)

I think the jury is thinking this is a big waste of time. Both the State and Defense witnesses have already testified that the remains had been there since June/early July.

If I were on the jury, I would be appauled that the defense, and therefore, Casey Anthony herself, is putting this innocent man through this.

On August 11th, Kronk said to his coworkers...

"Hey guys. I see a skull in here!"

Today, it's all about the snake? :waitasec:

CM: What was significant to you on August 11th?

RK: A dead rattlesnake.

That was pure bull.

Maybe because the dead rattlesnake kept all his buddies from going back with him and looking at what was back there or it was the fact there was a dead rattlesnake and the fear of snakes kept them from going back there and making a discovery.

If it hadn't been for the dead rattlesnake they would have found the body sooner. Pretty significant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay