2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody mentioned that GA asked to speak to JA either at lunch time or at one of the breaks. Lunch time I think, and that JA refused.

The tweeters were saying JA said he wanted to but couldn't while he was on the stand being questioned by JB. He could once JB had finished his examination. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he wasn't allowed to.

Somebody mentioned that GA asked to speak to JA either at lunch time or at one of the breaks. Lunch time I think, and that JA refused.

The tweeters were saying JA said he wanted to but couldn't while he was on the stand being questioned by JB. He could once JB had finished his examination. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he wasn't allowed to.

Exactly! :seeya:

Don't want to sound mean, but is this woman a bit odd? Maybe its just me.

ETA - Never mind. I think I realize the issue.

hahaha. I wish you were here live. We had great fun with her. The comments were crazy and I suspect we didn’t see a lot of them as the mods were hopping.

Keep watching it ends okay.

I have been having a discussion with some friends and just wanted to share some of my thoughts on why I felt it was wrong for the Anthony's to lie for Casey and why I "think" I never would.

First off if the Anthony's are done lying on the stand then I really do not hold anything against them for what they have done no matter what the jury decides. What they have attempted has fallen flat.

I would never have been in the position Cindy was in. Casey did not become a souless, heartless, spoiled rotten liar over night. If my daughter was ever acting like that she would have gotten help and I would have protected the other family members from her at all cost. If Cindy was normal I think she would have done the same. I would have been viewing this person as a potential enemy and distancing myself from them in all ways including emotional.

It is kind of like just because a person is your Bio dad doesn't mean you have any feeling for them if you were adopted or raised by someone else. Just because this person is my daughter does not mean I have to love her and support her heartless, souless murderous ways.

What if that daughter had come in and killed everyone in my family except me. Should I take the stand and lie for her? I never would so why would I lie for her for just killing my granddaughter? Why should I condone a person who does?

I hate tricky party questions and am really wondering how you could answer a question with a yes or no when JB asks “You would never admit to molesting your daughter would you?” The old party version was something like have you told your wife about the affair?

The correct answer assumes the rest of the question to be true.

...or "When did you stop beating your wife?" Classic illustration of a loaded question. Ham handed, ham fisted, and in IMHO delivered by the greatest ham I've ever seen - next to CM - who probably gave him the notes at the story meeting. Sigh. Logical fallacy - which under the circumstances and sources, makes *sense*

JMO - while watching the trial today, I tried to read the words ICA was saying. There were two separate statements she made at different times during GA's testimony. I posted these in the threads as I saw it happening. I think she said:

I'm through with him (or) I'm done with him

I really hate you now

I'm just now listening to today's testimony in full. I'm listening to DS asking the grief "expert" about "assuming" a situation...

I have followed this case since the beginning, I've read almost every document involved, I went to Orlando and searched and read many message boards. And I couldn't keep up with all of the assumptions mentioned! How in the H#@% is a woman who is not familiar with this case, supposed to keep up with all that DS has just thrown out without a flow chart???? And even worse, why does this "expert" try and answer the question? I am speechless...

And why is ICA crying??? Who gave the signal? I missed that!![/QUOTE

Just wait until you hear JA give her a "hypothetical" situation. JA makes their experts look like his experts.

I am watching the expert's testimony right now and I must admit I am gobsmacked. Reluctant grievers...yeah I get that, but can someone who watched the entire testimony tell me if the expert ever testifies that a grieving person hides the fact that her child has been missing for 31 days from EVERYONE and then continually lies to EVERYONE for years?
I can't watch anymore, it's making me I'll.

I don't know how many posters were watching this AM while Finnell read her motion over the phone into court, when none of the Defense Lawyers were in yet.
When HHJP responded to her, he said he would consider the motion, however, and then he reeled off about four cases that had similar circumstances and motions and mentioned that everyone of them was denied, and that each person was executed about two years later. I found that very chilling but it had no affect on ICA at all.
Then he talked to the Defense Team about ICA testifying and spoke directly to her also, telling them and her she had the right to testify before the Defense rested.
She was unfazed, and I had the very clear impression she plans on testifying and this was what the competency hearing was all about. She told her lawyers she was going to testify and they were trying to prevent it.
Baez said yesterday he thinks he can rest tomorrow. LDB followed that up by saying if that doesn't happen, and it runs into Friday and Saturday for her, then....

I got the very distinct impression about two things. LDB doesn't think Baez will be able to give up showboating tomorrow, and she expects ICA to take the stand. JA's crack about the fireworks and the good view told me he fully expects to still be there working on Sunday.

I don't think ICA will be able to resist testifying tomorrow. Remember that look on her face when she was wearing that blue hoodie on the perp walk? I saw flashes of that today - I think she is tremendously excited about the attention she would get and the "control' she would have in the courtroom.

I think she will testify. She always did go to the limit and then take it a step further, why should tomorrow be any different.

Why am I humming that old Eagles song? I'll be back to singing Johnny Cash in the morning!

Oh God, I was about to go to bed, and decided to have s snack and pop in an Unsolved Mysteries episode, now I've scared the qrtdzsfhfkshf out of myself!

The music, the music!! Stack's voice overs!

:tears:

I thought that GA's suicide was partially written without the jury? Later it was decided it could not be read for the jury? I wanted to hear the whole suicide note. Its probably not published anywhere?

The Jury was not present.
It will be part of the SA rebuttal case.

Does anyone know if RK owes a lot of back child support for this son of his?
That could cause a LOT of resentment, and if it is true, the mom probably let her son remember this every day.

JMO, but I had a hard time believing that BS doesn't have resentment towards his dad......unless he has already worked it out. Being abandon at age 8 would leave some resentment.

We're glad of any help we can get around here :seeya:

I did some searching trying to find out who the guy was but to no avail. If it's any help, they are supposed to re-air the show at 12am ET.

woops...sorry. I thought it was this morning.

No problem. This reaction from KC is the reason for the 3 evaluations this weekend by the doctor to see if she were competent to stand trial. Obviously KC has a wicked temper. jmo

JMO, but I had a hard time believing that BS doesn't have resentment towards his dad......unless he has already worked it out. Being abandon at age 8 would leave some resentment.

We don't know that he was abandoned or whether RK's ex decided RK need not see his son. Either way it has been sad for the son. jmo

Oh wow...dunno what's really going on there, but it does look like Mason is sort of patting/concerned, and Baez talks to her and laughs - ribbing her.

HHJP has a kindly smile, as if he understand her empathy.

Could be something else, but the above is how it appears to me.

My opinions...

That was my take also, Turnadot, that Linda was wiping away tears after the grief lady left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove