2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be introduced during rebuttal (hhjp wants time to contemplate if he will allow it)

What the heck is HHJP talking about?? GA molesting ICA and LE closing in on him??? WHAT?????????

he's saying JB OPENED The door to INFER that, therefore state of mind is ADMISSSABLE and the NOTE IS:woohoo: IN

I think HHJP is being over-careful because he knows this is a deathblow to the defense.

HHBP being very careful to not give a reason for appeal

Barn Door:
MOO..CLUCK CLUCK...BOW WOW...QUACK QUACK, BAAAAAA BAAAAA BLAAAACK SHEEEEP, MOO...MOO.... MOOO

Oh NO!! Did HHJP just give JB a reason to argue the suicide attempt with molestation?

Okay, I posted the same question, but I think I see what's going on here. JP is giving this bit of DT "argument" to say that the suicide note is relevant to both sides, and thus to allow it in.

JB saying GA drank a six pack of blood pressure pills??? Did i hear that right???

I think he was saying he took a bottle of blood pressure pills downed with a 6 pk (beer I assume)

I don't hate Jose. Hating takes up too much energy. I'm sorry he can't understand mental illness and suicide attempts. I just don't have the words. I'm shaking a bit, this is a HORRIBLE tactic.

Beyond personal feelings about the DT and it's really hard to look beyond that, this is an insane line to go down and Baez opened the barn door as usual.

I don't think HHJP is helping the DT on how to use the letter. I'm sure HHJP knows as much as the rest of us the state can handle whatever the DT throws at their witnesses.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Door was opened by #josebaez and invited #jeffashton to walk on it. #judgeperry knows & will let it in. @vinniepolitan @drdrew #caseyanthony

George has been many things in the past -- henpecked, complicit in covering for KC's lies, in gross denial, weak.....

But to watch this human being tortured and have his soul exposed and ripped to his very core is absolutely atrocious. I know that only a <modsnip> could watch this happen after telling him to his face that he was the "best father and grandfather there was"!

I have to say, I am more convinced than ever that KC needs to be put to death. It is the only way that this family won't have to live with the fact she has destroyed them -- WILLINGLY and EMPHATICALLY and beg for future jail visits with her (only to be shut down again and again). With her gone for good they can heal the gaping wounds she has left in them. They can move on with life as best as they can. Not that they will ever forget her, but they won't have to see her and relive their pain every single second of the day.

She absolutely has convinced HERSELF that they are all responsible for this -- not her. THEY made her kill Caylee.

This <modsnip> is Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Aileen Wournos all wrapped together. There are NO WORDS in the dictionary (and never should be) for someone as deranged, detached and murderous as Casey Anthony.

Baez bumbles right into HHJP's trap and still doesn't realize it.

HHJP: Looks like the Defense has made Mr. A's state of mind an issue.

Baez: Well the State didn't object.

Ashton: No we didn't object, we were happy to let him open that door.

Baez - slow realization that he, yet again, effed up - slowly sits down with a comical look on his face.

HHJP - still forced to give Baez every hint he can, without actually telling him what to do, to preserve ICA's rights to not be taken down by her own attorney.

Oh come on HHJP!!! FGS!! Jose opened the door!! I am too angry right now......

Jose just told HHBP that "the state didnt object to it" thinking that closes the door. LMAO. HHBP states you opened the door and JA wants to walk right thru it or something to that effect. He is so ignorant of courtroom procedure he thinks since HHBP aked JB if JA objected it closes the door. i REALLY hope this gets in and I will be sorely dissappointed in HHBP if it doesnt.

One more time for the record, he is the worst attorney in the world.
His sign outside his office should say, "Come to me if you're ready to die".
"I am the Dr Kevorkian of lawyers."

Im not so sure hes doing such a bad job, hes not as experienced as JA and his crew but he did stick with her all these years. JMO

HJBP: fair game to cross Mr. Anthony concerning the suicide which was brought on direct by defense

Part 3

10:55

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JA

On 8/5/09 you still believed Caylee was still alive.

You and I sparred in that depo as you and JB have been today? Yes.

Today, you no longer believe...

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

In his July 24, 2008 statement he did not believe his daughter murdered his granddaughter.

He learned in December 2008 that the remains of his granddaughter had been found. This caused him a deep hurt inside, tears, the whole gamut of the whole emotional loss and seeing what his wife and son went through. Prior to that he held out hope that his granddaughter would be found alive.

GA EMOTIONALLY BREAKING DOWN - SOBBING - THIS IS HEART WRENCHING - ICA IS JUST STARING AT HIM.

On 1/22/09, you went and got a gun?

OBJECTION - beyond scope - OVERRULED

SIDEBAR #6 (11:00-11:02)

GA gets off stand and Attorney Lipman is there comforting him.

JURY OUT (11:02)

JB - counsel has no good faith basis for asking such a question when he knows there was no gun involved in the suicide.

JA - it is my understanding that he got the gun to force people who knew something about who killed Caylee to tell and then to take his own life. The defense has brought up the suicide. I intend to offer the suicide note. It shows that on 1/22/09 he had no idea who killed Caylee. It rebuts implications by defense that he did and it is proof. I have case law to support this.

HHJBP: Let me see the suicide note and the case law that supports your position.

JA: I will be offering the suicide note in my CIC. The case law are Nelson vs. Seaboard Railroad and Garza vs. Delta Tau Delta Fraternity National.

JA: The gun incident IS prior to the suicide - so I will correct that with the witness. It is mentioned in the suicide note.

JB: I would request that the question be stricken and the Jury instructed.

JA: That's fine - I'll just ask the question a different way.

HHJBP: I've reviewed State's Exhibit MA, the suicide letter and the cases presented by the State. JB - would you like a proffer of GA's testimony?

JA: I'm not sure what the Court's ruling is.

HHJBP: Are you objecting?

JB: The suicide note is hearsay.

JA: It shows the then existing emotional state under the state of mind exception; that it can establish that at 1/22/09 it is significant that nothing in the note contains any statement of guilt or admission to doing anything to his daughter or granddaughter. The entire note is relevant because it does NOT contain anything about the particular offenses that the defense has accused him of. On a separate note, on page 3 - there is a specific issue raised that GA knew what happened to his daughter, and how it happened in June 2008. The note shows he did not - directly rebutting the implication by the Defense.

JB: It appears that JA is creating a self-serving exception to the hearsay rule?

HHJBP: JB - you asked GA - did he attempt to commit suicide?

JB: Yes, Sir.

HHJBP: Did the state object?

JA: No, sir.

HHJBP: Why did you ask that question?

JB: It's a fact in this case. He did attempt - however genuine attempt it was - only he can say. Whether this gives him a free pass to write I'm innocent because I drank a 6 pack and blood pressure pills.

HHJBP: Could it be that GA was so guilt ridden that he had molested his wife and felt that LE was closing in on him? Is that something that could be inferred or deduced from the evidence? Generally, a witnesses state of mind is not an issue. It looks as though the Defense has made GA's state of mind an issue.

JB: I would ad to that of course the prosecutor did not object.

HHJBP: No he did not

JA: I did not. I was perfectly happy.

HHJBP: Someone opened the door and JA is trying to walk through it.

JA: Even without that - the testimony about GA's knowledge of the smell of dead bodies - He even asked the question - didn't you express guilt in this letter.

HHJBP: Anything else JB? Are you offering this now or later on?

JA: I don't think it would be appropriate to offer it in the Defense case, but I was planning on him identifying it and entering it in Rebuttal. However, I do plan on asking him about his thoughts and feelings.

HHJBP: I think the door has been opened, but I want some time to contemplate and read a few more cases in this area - but it is fair game on cross examination to cross GA concerning the suicide which was brought up under direct by the defense. Okay, 5 minutes?

Five minute break to 11:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member