2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez always brings up money!

and I hope and pray ICA takes the stand so the state can show how much SHE and her attorney made doing the same thing he's accusing GA of...pot meet kettle...

Baez is so far off base that this will come back and haunt his client. If they weren't voting for the DP before, they might do it now...to bring more devastation upon this family will be a bad thing for ICA...she's pure evil and her head shaking during GA's testimony is due to this 'new reality' she has made up in her own head...all a bunch of lies...Baez and ICA deserve each other...JMHO

InSession In Session
The jurors are sitting up and watching closely during this exchange between #Baez and George Anthony. A few are taking notes.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
How many more people can this woman #caseyanthony victimize. It is endless. #josebaez is scoring no points w this to jury.

I guess I don't get forgetting everything GA has done over the last three years to obstruct justice because he is testifying the way everyone wants him to today. Good on him for today, but that in no way excuses the last three years.

"What Caylee meant to myself, my wife and my son" Notice he didn't mention ICA in there?

That statement has brought me to tears! GA is strong for Caylee today! Today is the first day I've cried over Caylee. She was so loved. Breaks my heart!

I hope Baez is booted out of the legal profession in short order after this circus. He has no ethics.

At this point I couldn't hold (self-imposed censored pejorative) in more disdain than if it was my ex!

George appears upset- his voice is quivering, he is using a tissue to dab his eyes, and his taking deep breaths. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:52 AM

#CaseyAnthony Baez points out with LEO's, at depo, and in court George has made different statements @ whether odor was human decomp
by amandaoberwesh via twitter at 8:51 AM

#GeorgeAnthony explains he might have said something different earlier in depo. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 8:51 AM

Thank you for posting these - I don't have access to tv and don't know what is being said

Just take one look at this father's face. One look. Imagine if this were your father. Not perfect, no one is. But just look at the heartbreak and honesty that's written there.

9:19

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF GA BY JB

Regarding your statement of your law enforcement experience, do you recall saying you chased bad guys into the woods?

OBJECTION BY JA - reading from something not in evidence - SUSTAINED

He did not recall the statement being discussed. He was shown the statement and asked to see the question prior to that. He now recalls making that statement.

How did you know your granddaughter would be found in the woods 6 months later?

OBJECTION BY JA - OVERRULED

GA: You are asking about my law enforcement experience and that is being taken out of context.

JB: Your statement was about smelling human decomp in the woods?

OBJECTION BY JA - not impeachment - Approach and bring the statement.

SIDEBAR #2 (9:23-9:29

Did you tell the police you smelled human decomp in the woods before? Yes, I had experience in Ohio. He also told them he smelled decomp in a house and in a car before.

Regarding the woods, the wooded area off of Suburban Drive while Caylee was missing, he walked the perimiter because JA (John Allen) brought a stuffed animal and said he retrieved it at the end of the street and that was when GA went for a walk.

Were you not spotted in another wooded area?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Were you not in another wooded area?

OBJECTION -

In October of 2008 - wooded area?

OBJECTION - vague - OVERRULED

He was looking for a site for their Kid Finder tent and he was at a wooded area off of Hoffner and Lee Vista.

On 7/15/08 - when LE first came - you pulled YM aside and told him the car smelled? GA - That was done on the 16th. He talked to him about so many things at that time.

You were hysterical and upset the night the police were called? Yes I was.

After YM brought ICA back, he did not pull him aside. Did you go to his car and tell him that something that had happened to Caylee and ICA was lying?
He said that because ICA was the last one to see her.

On 7/24 he told LE that he had smelled the car and had smelled decomp.

He may have said that ICA lives on the edge.

OBJECTION -

On 7/24 - ICA takes the lies as far as she can take them?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

On 7/24 do you recall saying that ICA lives on the edge and takes the lies as far as she can take them?

OBJECTION - rule of completeness - YOU CAN DO IT ON CROSS - May we approach?

When asked the reason your daughter doesn't want to tell us ..... My daughter ives on the edge, all the lies and contradictions, my daugther takes things as far as she can take them? He said if it is written, he said it.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Do you recall saying nothing but negative things about your daughter? Apparently - I was trying to give LE all the info we had.

He went to see her in jail after that. He did not say those things to her because he was trying to keep her upbeat and to keep her as happy and as comfortable as possible. You were throwing her under the bus and...

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He was cooperating with LE on one day to assist in finding Caylee and the next day he was trying to keep his daughter upbeat.

So you were under cover of sorts?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

He was aware she wanted to be bonded out.

She couldn't get bonded out because you wouldn't put the house up?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Grand jury testimony?

OBJECTION - APPROACH - SUSTAINED

SIDEBAR #3(9:41-9:44)

He told LE he was 100% certain he smelled human decomp in the trunk of his daughter's car.

8/5/09 depo - Do you recall being asked...

OBJECTION - page and Line?

Page 20

Depo answer - Not human decomp.

OBJECTION - rule of completeness - GO AHEAD

JB read GA's depo answer.

OBJECTION - rule of completeness - READ ENTIRE CONTEXT

JA - counsel needs to read through page 22.

JB - I would request that I be able to conduct my examination.

HHJBP - Rule 1.8.1 requires you read it.

JB - continues reading depo answer related to conversation with tow yard guy about the smell of decomp.

JA makes JB keep reading from depo regarding the garbage bag in the trunk.

Do you recall testifying in your depo that you did not believe that the smell in the car was human decomp? He feels his answer speaks for itself. He could smell the smell from 3 feet away. When he opened the car, it smelled like human decomposition. It was not the garbage.

On 7/24 it was human decomp and on 8/9 - it was the trash? He stated he did not say it was the trash. There WAS trash in the trunk with maggots. He has tried to be completely honest about what he saw and observed. His daughter and granddaughter were not in the trunk of the car.

There is a difference between trash and garbage.

He said decomposition. JB is trying to take the joy of his life away from him! The smell on 7/15 smelled like human decomp and his knowledge of law enforcement gives him that opportunity to know what it is.

That is why you called 911 then? I didn't call 911. That's why you drove the car home?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

And then you went to work?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

And then you went to work? After he knew his daugther and granddaugher were not in the trunk, he took the car home. He was concerned. He did go to work.

He is not ashamed of what he did that day.

OBJECTION BY JB - nonresponsive - OVERRULED

You were on a media blitz?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

On 8/09 did you advocate the innocence of your daughter? He did not want to believe his daughter could do this.

OBJECTION - nonresponsive - next question

You attempted to commit suicide? Yes sir I did.

You even left a note? Yes sir I did.

You expressed guilt?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

You expressed guilt?

OBJECTION - Question withdrawn - SUSTAINED

He was hospitalized. He is not sure what he did shortly thereafter. Media blitzes to advocate daughter's innocence? He can't recall what he said.

Do you recall being on 48 Hours and being paid $20,000 for that appearance? GA saying he has been nice to JB and tried to answer all questions and for what he and his wife might have retained from a news organization to bring notice to missing children - they did it for self-preservation - not only for Caylee..

OBJECTION BY JB - non-responsive - OVERRULED

What was the focus of the interview?

OBJECTION - relevance - SUSTAINED

Appearances on the Early Show? Possibly.

All media interviews stopped when the allegations of abuse started? I believe that was through you. Do you recall finding out another way?

OBJECTION - relevance may we approach - you may

SIDEBAR# 4 (10:01-10:05

15 minute recess to 10:20

@bobkealing
bob kealing
I can tell you some do look in her direction“@ummyeahsureokay: @bobkealing Are jurors looking at Casey at all during George's testimony?”

I want to hug GA so much right now and tell him to be strong and tell the truth. I'm just in shock at what he's saying. Like the truth is FINALLY coming out.

I cannot give plaudits for the truth "finally" coming out. If everyone had been honest and cared as much about Caylee as they say they do/did, this mess might gave been cleared up a long time ago.

My opinion only

The only time ICA didn't lie was when she called herself a spiteful b**ch!

This is horrible!

A few jurors (5, 6, 8) just stared down #CaseyAnthony. She turned away, and os now looking anywhere but at them.
by stevehelling via twitter at 9:05 AM

Orlando Twitter No. 10: 'Cindy Anthony' #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 9:05 AM

Jurors 6, 11, 12 and 17 do not even have notepads out.
by abcashleigh via twitter at 9:04 AM

I can tell you some do look in her direction“@ummyeahsureokay: @bobkealing Are jurors looking at Casey at all during George's testimony?”
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:04 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member