2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that CA made home visits to patients with out logging in and out why is the DT fighting so hard to keep it out? That would easily negate time cards.

The jury was not in the room or there would have been a mistrial.

This was done in front of the jury. The judge clearly stated it was. He asked the guy: "And you were aware the jury was in the room when you did that? You realize it could have caused a mistrial had they seen it?" (Paraphrasing).

Which is absolutely absurd! Start all over again with a new jury for that? That has to be one of the stupidest laws or rules I have ever heard.

If the jury had seen it, the defense would try to argue that they had been impacted by it and then the defense would ask for a mistrial. The judge would then question the jury. Did it affect them? Will it affect their ability to render an impartial decision? Etc. It could cause a mistrial because it could be seen as influencing the jury. But the judge could rule it was not enough of an impact to cause a mistrial. I think the guys a jerk. Who acts like a 13 year old at that age?

BBM

Do these two comments bother anyone else ?

Not me. GA has stated to casey that he feels if he would have been a better father, none of this would have happened.

Clearly, there were issues with GA during his marriage - cheating, gambling and I think he feels he wasn't a good enough dad. Probably left it all to CA and only yelled at casey now and then, maybe tried to spank her once or twice but feels he didn't talk to her enough. Lots of dads are like that, IMO, but when something like this happens, they blame themselves.

He seems to feel that had he been a better dad, casey would not have killed her child. And yet, even though e knew Caylee was dead and casey probably did it, he still could not totally face that. He wanted to blame others. Maybe casey got involved with the wrong people because GA wasn't there for her as a father enough. And then they killed Caylee.

I think he flips between that and casey killing her own kid because he wasn't there for her, because he didn't help her through her stress.

In any event, the letter also states that he wanted to get a gun and find out what happened to Caylee and that he just needed the truth. That he couldn't stand not knowing. I don't think those parts have been published yet but they were discussed by JA. That clearly exonerates GA from knowing about an accident or being involved in a cover up.

THANKS for this. I am relieved to see that this will not end up in any kind of mistrial. He kind of quietly, secretly slipped it in.

I suppose if he had stood up and flipped off the SA blatantly in front of the jury, then it MIGHT have been an issue. But this clip shows that was NOT the case at all. imoo

A juror would have had to been staring at him to catch the gesture as it was slight. More likely they were watch JA or had their attention drawn to HHBP or the defendant.

He did that really fast and up against his face ,somewhat secretively.
I think someone dared him,probably for $$$

LOL i hope it was enuff to cover his fine! What a dim witt! LOL

Made his mother proud!!!!!

I quoted a section from Kahlil Gibran's: The Prophet.
Quite often, I will reread sections of this (well worn) book when I find my self hasty to judge,
or just out of sorts with my self & others. (oftener than I'd like to admit.)

"Oftentimes have I heard you speak of one who commits a wrong as though he were not one of you, but a stranger unto you and an intruder upon your world.

But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you,

So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.

And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,

So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.

Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.

You are the way and the wayfarers.

And when one of you falls down he falls for those behind him, a caution against the stumbling stone.

Ay, and he falls for those ahead of him, who though faster and surer of foot, yet removed not the stumbling stone."

Good night & fare thee well to all! PZ.

When Jose said "Your Honor, the defense rests." and glanced over at the jury - did he not look like a man expecting a round of applause or someone to run up and put a trophy or award of some type in his hands?

I feel sympathy for GA right now. I wish there was some way this letter could have been kept out of evidence.

In fact, I feel some pity for all the family members. Even CA even though I find her extremely unlikeable IMHO. Extremely.

But GA had protesters outside his home screaming baby killer among other things.

I know some argue that KC was "created" by these parents but I don't know if I'm so ready to point a finger at the parents when KC was an adult when she did these crimes.

I know that if one of my kids did something like this I would blame myself and ask myself for the rest of my life where did I go wrong. But I think I would bristle if people gathered outside my home and demanded that I hang my head in shame for the rest of my life because my adult daughter/son chose to commit any crime but especially a heinous crime.

Who "created" Cindy? Using that logic I would have to blame whoever was responsible for the dysfuntion that Cindy exhibits. Same goes for GA. Who created him?

Who created the unknown person that created Cindy and who in turn created a dysfuctional KC who in turn commited murder against Caylee?

I can't think that way. IMHO the responsibility and culpability of the murder of Caylee rests with the person that chloroformed her, duct taped her face and once she died double bagged her and stuffed that into a laundry bag and pulled up to some woods down the street and heaved her body out into the elements.

And then lied to cover the fact that Caylee was not only dead but hid the fact as to where Caylee lay for 6 months.

Sorry but that's how I feel and as always I do deeply respect those that think differently.

Always :)

JMHO

According to Mermaid, who also worked for Gentiva in the Orlando area, Cindy did have that ability...

Just jumping off your post and saw that you had some experience with Gentiva...

Curious, does anyone know if Cindy receives disability via her former employer?

Did it crack anyone else up when JB said, "Your Honor, the defense rests"? He was looking around with a little boyish smirk like he had practiced that moment in the mirror for weeks now! So dramatic!:floorlaugh:

This was done in front of the jury. The judge clearly stated it was. He asked the guy: "And you were aware the jury was in the room when you did that? You realize it could have caused a mistrial had they seen it?" (Paraphrasing).
I misundertood him then. I thought they weren't.

Oh me too..do you know that they are,or are you just hoping ?

Sadly Jstc4caylee..I am just hoping and praying..but yikes DT opened that very door for that testimony..So have all my moving appendages crossed that they do that!! :seeya:

Sadly I do NOT have any inside info..so can only pray..like most of us:innocent:

A question: Cindy's work records from Gentivia are going to be presented during the state's rebuttal. I'm sure the state will be able to show that she was at work and not at home when the computer searches for chloroform were made.

If it's shown that CA lied on the witness stand, isn't she up for perjury charges, in addition to her entire testimony being stricken? If so, what sort of penalty is given for perjury? A fine or a jail sentence, or both?

Sadly Jstc4caylee..I am just hoping and praying..but yikes DT opened that very door for that testimony..So have all my moving appendages crossed that they do that!! :seeya:

Sadly I do NOT have any inside info..so can only pray..like most of us:innocent:

OIC, I thought maybe you had heard that was part of their rebuttal witness list..We can only pray. !

If the jury had seen it, the defense would try to argue that they had been impacted by it and then the defense would ask for a mistrial. The judge would then question the jury. Did it affect them? Will it affect their ability to render an impartial decision? Etc. It could cause a mistrial because it could be seen as influencing the jury. But the judge could rule it was not enough of an impact to cause a mistrial. I think the guys a jerk. Who acts like a 13 year old at that age?

What if one juror said it would affect them? All the others say no problem but one says yes. Would the judge order a mistrial or boot that juror, or what?

When Jose said "Your Honor, the defense rests." and glanced over at the jury - did he not look like a man expecting a round of applause or someone to run up and put a trophy or award of some type in his hands?

I just posted this same thing! I noticed it too. Definitely going for an Oscar!:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric