2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was scared to death and didn't want to tell the Judge that he was completely wrong about who he was flipping off. Also, middle index finger is a fact not in evidence, or misstating the evidence. LOL!

IMO, the point is it doesn't really matter WHY that young man was making the gesture, the point is he did in a court of law - on camera, while the jury was in.

It was just stupidity, and HHJP needed to follow through. He had two warnings and still chose to act like it was an interview on the street or something.

ICA is on trial for her life - he was a privileged observer - told to sit down and shut up and remain that way. Or if you can't abide by those simple rules - stay out of the courtroom.

Now he will be ridiculed by everyone who knows or has every met him. Well, too bad.

I saw that someone asked if he could be special needs...I say no...didn't seem like it to me...

He was poising for the camera, who put him up to it I don't know..and don't care...but he thought he was being sly...you can see by the look on his face...

I didn't see the "gesture". Can someone please tell me what the heck happened?

I just listening to Crystal Holloway's testimony. What do you guys believe? I think she was telling the truth about a relationship because of the content of the emails George wrote, but it does not really prove much else.
I don't know who I believe, but it didn't help the defense at all, especially after George's suicide note was published to the jury. Even if Crystal is telling the truth about the affair it's irrelevant wrt George's culpability in Caylee's death - just a non-issue Baez tried to muddy the waters with, IMO.

I quoted a section from Kahlil Gibran's: The Prophet.
Quite often, I will reread sections of this (well worn) book when I find my self hasty to judge,
or just out of sorts with my self & others. (oftener than I'd like to admit.)

"Oftentimes have I heard you speak of one who commits a wrong as though he were not one of you, but a stranger unto you and an intruder upon your world.

But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you,

So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.

And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,

So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.

Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.

You are the way and the wayfarers.

And when one of you falls down he falls for those behind him, a caution against the stumbling stone.

Ay, and he falls for those ahead of him, who though faster and surer of foot, yet removed not the stumbling stone."

Good night & fare thee well to all! PZ.

So...we shouldn't judge murderers? I'm confused.

Which is why I think he should have had counsel to tell him to answer honestly.

This is similar to the woman who acted up in jury selection. Later in the day she was brought back with a public defender. Same thing will happen here. He screwed up but he should be represented by counsel.

IMO, the point is it doesn't really matter WHY that young man was making the gesture, the point is he did in a court of law - on camera, while the jury was in.

It was just stupidity, and HHJP needed to follow through. He had two warnings and still chose to act like it was an interview on the street or something.

ICA is on trial for her life - he was a privileged observer - told to sit down and shut up and remain that way. Or if you can't abide by those simple rules - stay out of the courtroom.

Now he will be ridiculed by everyone who knows or has every met him. Well, too bad.

IMO that he should have the word "STUPID!" tattooed to his forehead as part of his sentence...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxVbENsT6rU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Did this spectator just flip off Jeff Ashton while he was speaking?!?!?‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4h8js5W1pQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Judge Belvin slams guy who flipped Jeff Ashton off‬‏[/ame]

I hope he is. Bad bad move. Then he stands there, saying, "I'm sorry". Unreal.

I'm glad that ICA got to see that people do have to suffer the consequences of thier actions, and that CJBP isn't playing! :gavel:

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but will court be held up till next week while the DT waits on records from CA job? TIA

If the State elects to bring charges against Cindy for perjury you will be able to knock me over with a feather. Not kidding. They would have to prove that she knowingly lied under oath. When perjury is brought forth as a charge then the prosecutor has to not just prove the crime but who the defendent is comes into play. This supposed defendent would be the grieving grandmother and a mother who's only daughter is accused and standing trial for which one of the possible sentences if found guilty is the death penalty.

Naw, I don't see them wanting to do that. I think they'll just impeach her and let it go at that. JMHO

HHJP has scared the bazeebers out of me...

I have a friend that needs to go to court...her husband is a sleezy jerk...and she wants me there for support.

It isn't a jury trial, the guy plead guilty with an open plea...but I am so afraid I will not be able to sit down and shut up...if that man says one thing against his wife or dd or...if someone shoes up to speak for him I know I will have trouble not losing it.

Young guy gave JA the middle finger salute, while he was at the podium.
When HHJP questioned him about it he said he had no idea why he did it....:loser:

Young man is in the court room and he is seen between LDB and JA and as the camera focus on him he flips the bird. Says it is at Ashton.

After court ends for the day and the judge goes through the warnings about displays etc. charges with young man with contempt, after questioning the man a couple of times he remands him to jail for 6 days, fines him $400 plus costs, asks him if wants to appeal, young man says yes, judge asks him how much he makes, how much money he has, any property of any value, he says no, judge give him a public defender and sets up a payment plan and the young man goes off to jail and judge goes off to write the contempt order.

A young man from the gallery gave JA the finger. Guess the guard caught it. After court he was brought up before HHJP. HHJP ask what that meant the middle finger. Made the poor 28 yr old tell judge what it meant. HHJP raked him over the coals about rules in his court room Fined him $400. plus 200 something court cost and 6-days in jail.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but will court be held up till next week while the DT waits on records from CA job? TIA

I think someone posted that they could have the records tomorrow, and if not, then we may have to wait until next week? I could be wrong though...

I don't think for a minute the State will go after Cindy for perjury. They will simply be kind enough to remind her that she, in fact, didn't do any of those searches.

'Your memory better now, Mrs Anthony?'

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members