2011.06.30 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Two)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question: Cindy's work records from Gentivia are going to be presented during the state's rebuttal. I'm sure the state will be able to show that she was at work and not at home when the computer searches for chloroform were made.

If it's shown that CA lied on the witness stand, isn't she up for perjury charges, in addition to her entire testimony being stricken? If so, what sort of penalty is given for perjury? A fine or a jail sentence, or both?

I know others can give you a real answer, I have heard 12 years.
But, I also have heard more than once from more than one of the "experts" that it is very rare for any one being brought up on perjury charges, from testimony.
I actually find that a little hard to believe ..But have heard two judges say it. I am guessing they meant in this kind of circumstance, and how much effect it had on the case, and if they were able to impeach it during the trial.

A question: Cindy's work records from Gentivia are going to be presented during the state's rebuttal. I'm sure the state will be able to show that she was at work and not at home when the computer searches for chloroform were made.

If it's shown that CA lied on the witness stand, isn't she up for perjury charges, in addition to her entire testimony being stricken? If so, what sort of penalty is given for perjury? A fine or a jail sentence, or both?

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard them say they had log in and log out times from Cindy's work computer.

Re: Perjury...I don't know what the penalty is. I would like to know too.

I think JB was so proud of the "DT rests" moment because he made it through it without going to jail for contempt. :floorlaugh:

He did that really fast and up against his face ,somewhat secretively.
I think someone dared him,probably for $$$

That was my first thought when I just watched it...but come on...he is 28!!! That was just plain dumb...or dumber.

I just listening to Crystal Holloway's testimony. What do you guys believe? I think she was telling the truth about a relationship because of the content of the emails George wrote, but it does not really prove much else.

i thought HHJP said the jury was present during this. is there a partition blocking the juror's view into the gallery? and i dont think it can come down to common sense. we are dealing with a court of law where things that happen in the courtroom could effect appeals. hypothetically even if jury saw and disregarded there is always the argument someone could make that it affected a sequestered jurys thought process. it could be read as a sign to the jury that public opionion of JA is not good and that could make the jury question what they are missing in all these "matters" the jury is not privy too
JMO

Oh dear - I didn't realize that this "gesture" appeared during court when the jury was present. I was doing too many things at once, and thought the middle finger salute occurred in the corridor outside the courtroom. Yikes!

Thank you for the correction.

I wish the Judge had been made aware of the numerous "salutes" the defendant has made during the course of this trial.

I think JB was so proud of the "DT rests" moment because he made it through it without going to jail for contempt. :floorlaugh:

this made me giggle...

Also when ICA was giving her answers to the judge...JB looked like a proud papa. :crazy:

I am really looking forward to hearing the comments from the jurors when this is all over. I really want to see if they saw what we saw.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
ALERT National Enquirer reports that River Cruz caught smuggling a 4k bird in courtroom & is now going thru grief counseling.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

After all the NE is the only new source that won't spin a story you know....:loser:

I wonder if JP will slap JB with charges for all of JB's not having his witnesses do reports and having them testify to info that wasn't in evidence? Sorry I didn't word that very well!

I know others can give you a real answer, I have heard 12 years.
But, I also have heard more than once from more than one of the "experts" that it is very rare for any one being brought up on perjury charges, from testimony.
I actually find that a little hard to believe ..But have heard two judges say it. I am guessing they meant in this kind of circumstance, and how much effect it had on the case, and if they were able to impeach it during the trial.

Maybe, after ICA is awaiting the DP and CA is serving 12 years, GA will hire a crew to demolish the Hopespring house, and start therapy.

Baez needs to work on his poker face. JMHO

Regarding GA's suicide note. When someone is that depressed, they maximize their perceived failures and shortcomings, and minimize their accomplishments. The way they
see themselves is skewed.
When the person is not depressed, they see themselves entirely differently.
That should be kept in mind when trying to get any read on GA based on his suicide note.

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard them say they had log in and log out times from Cindy's work computer.

Re: Perjury...I don't know what the penalty is. I would like to know too.

In Florida, it appears that the penalty for perjury is a commission of a felony, if during a trial, up to $5000 fine and/or up to 5 years in prison.

Google search

I am certain about this............. Anderson Cooper needs to feature Jose Baez on his "Ridiculist". :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife